WWE.com - The Mount Rushmore of WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
A team of WWE.com editors picked 12 Superstars and Legends who most represented these attributes. The rest was up to you. Your choices were:

Bruno Sammartino
Andre the Giant
Hulk Hogan
“Macho Man†Randy Savage
The Undertaker
Bret “Hit Man†Hart
Shawn Michaels
“Stone Cold†Steve Austin
The Rock
Triple H
John CenaCM Punk

On America's Election Day, until 10 p.m. ET, you voted for which WWE icons deserved one of the coveted spots on our Mount Rushmore. The ballots have been tallied, the top four vote-getters have been sculpted and here are the results!

The Undertaker
x.png
20121105_MT_RUSHMORE_2.jpg

There is perhaps no better icon to represent sports-entertainment on WWE’s Mount Rushmore than the legendary Phenom. Spanning parts of three decades and several eras in WWE rings, The Deadman is a seven-time World Champion, Royal Rumble Match winner and the owner of WWE’s most powerful statistic: a 20-0 record at WrestleMania.

He is your first pick for Mount Rushmore, and no competitor represents everything that professional wrestling is known for more than the one, the only, The Undertaker.

The Undertaker, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
x.png
20121105_MT_RUSHMORE_3.jpg

As the most popular Superstar of WWE’s most popular era, The Texas Rattlesnake reigned as WWE Champion on six occasions, main evented three WrestleManias and had an “attitude†that transformed and defined WWE. His Stunner to The Boss rocked Madison Square Garden and the world and “Austin 3:16†T-shirts peppered high school hallways for years.

Few would disagree with “Stone Cold†Steve Austin as your second pick for Mount Rushmore. And that’s the bottom line.

The Undertaker, "Stone Cold Steve Austin, John Cena
x.png
20121105_MT_RUSHMORE_4.jpg

Love him or hate him, John Cena always gets a reaction from the WWE Universe. The 10-time WWE Champion, two-time World Heavyweight Champion, and Royal Rumble Match and Money in the Bank Ladder Match winner has main evented four WrestleManias and has inarguably been the most dominant competitor in WWE for more than 10 years.

He advocates to never give up by preaching a noble mantra of “Hustle. Loyalty. Respect.†Legions of fans proudly wear his armor and arenas around the world are filled every week with deafening chants of “Let’s go Cena.†Mount Rushmore can finally boast, “The Champ is here.â€

The Undertaker, "Stone Cold Steve Austin, John Cena and Hulk Hogan
x.png
20121105_MT_RUSHMORE_5.jpg

On a cold January night in 1984, a muscled blond with bright yellow trunks and boots stepped into The World’s Most Famous Arena to challenge the villainous WWE Champion, The Iron Sheik.

More than 21 years before becoming a WWE Hall of Famer, 18 years before he competed in his 10th WrestleMania match, 12 years before he went Hollywood and three years before bodyslamming a giant, Hulk Hogan dropped an atomic leg on The Sheik and Hulkamania ran wild. Hogan was champion and popular culture was never the same. And that’s your Mount Rushmore, brother.
Personally i'd love to the legitimate results because lord knows they fix as many polls as they can.

Austin and Hogan for me are locks without a shadow of a doubt although I probably wouldn't have Taker or Cena in there but instead i'd go with Rock and Andre.

Thoughts?

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Undertaker, Steve Austin, Hogan, and The Rock. Get Wigger Jorts' stupid face the fuck out of there.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the names selected apart from Punk cause I don't think he's on those other guys level yet.

I would of had Hogan, Austin, Savage & Rock

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Yeah I go Hogan, Austin, Taker, Savage although i have no real problem with Rock or Cena being there

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Undertaker, Steve Austin, Hogan, and The Rock. Get Wigger Jorts' stupid face the fuck out of there.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but he hasn't been a wigger in quite a few years.

As for this, I think Taker works well with it, he is super over and all. Cena does work too as I think he's become the most over superstar in possibly history. Factor in how many kids are in the stadiums though, and you literally have a huge following.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This would be how I'd have it look. You have the top guy in the 80s, top guy in the late 90s, and top guy for the past 10 years or so. Taker was never "The" guy, but with his legacy, he definitely fits in with the other three.

Reaction score
This would be how I'd have it look. You have the top guy in the 80s, top guy in the late 90s, and top guy for the past 10 years or so. Taker was never "The" guy, but with his legacy, he definitely fits in with the other three.

If it was like that, it would have been a lot easier for me to decide.

I feel like half of them are locks, and the other ones you just can't leave out. Except Punk. Like Luck said, he's just not on the same level as them.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I would love to see Michaels up there. He fits the same bill as Taker. He wasn't really the face of a generation, but he has a legacy that will never be matched.

However, I do like these choices. Do agree Andre should be up there, but its hard to pick only 4.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cena's been the top guy in the company for the better part of 7 years. Rock was only in the company for 7 years total and never was the top guy because of Austin. Just because you don't enjoy a guy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve anything.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Cena's been the top guy in the company for the better part of 7 years. Rock was only in the company for 7 years total and never was the top guy because of Austin. Just because you don't enjoy a guy doesn't mean he doesn't deserve anything.

In saying that though Rock > Cena in every way. Charisma, in ring talent, mic skills, mainstream appeal.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Bruno, Hulk, Austin then either Rock or Cena. I'd just go with Cena because he cares more.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
In saying that though Rock > Cena in every way. Charisma, in ring talent, mic skills, mainstream appeal.
Wait what?

Anyways if the point was to have a guy from the 2000's on it then I guess you had to put Cena on it. Probably should replace Taker with Bruno to have a top guy from the pre WWF/WWE days.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Cena in there ahead of Rock is just flat out strange. Especially with the fact that they said he'd been dominant for over 10 years. What was he doing in '02?