WWE.com: 5 Most Wanted WrestleMania 29 Dream Matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zen

Reaction score
I'd take HellNo vs Rock and Sock Connection right now because it would mean Rock's big ego wouldn't be the only thing being fed compared to him being in a singles match.

What? If anything the Rock has been quite humble and his ego is dwarfed by Punk's astronomical ego. It's interested to note that back when he was a face during his reign(and wasn't doing quite as well as now), some Punk fans noted that despite being huge on Punk, they thought he was personally insufferably arrogant and couldn't understand why he was a face at all. That's my sentiment as well, Punk's nice and all as a performer, but he has a hugely unchecked ego.

----------

As for the dream matches in the OP, they, for the most part, seem to be red herrings; I can't possibly imagine the Rock being wasted in a Tag Team match at Mania, and that too with the badly injured and crippled Mick Foley. It's just not happening. Though, Punk/Lesnar seems reasonable, as does Ryback/Cena, though on the condition that Ryback can stay relevant till then.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Saw this on wwe.com the other day and mention briefly in the shoutbox it was a pretty poor list.

Team Hell No vs Edge & Christian would be a better feud for me. I think the comedy you would get from the old school, reeking of awesomeness E&C would be a better fit than The Rock & Sock.

AJ and Trish does nothing for me. A far better and obvious fit would be against Mickie but obviously they wouldn't reference that while she's in TNA, or even still AJ against Stephanie. There's been so many interviews out recently where she talks about Steph so the obvious link is there.

No explanation needs to be made for Punk vs Austin.

Undertaker has plenty of options, no need to do more mania rematches although granted the triple threat never happened but you know what I mean. Undertaker/Brock Undertaker/Cena Undertaker/Rock or Undertaker/Goldberg would catch my interest for sure.

Zen

Reaction score
From all accounts, Taker is in rather horrendous condition, physically, he's basically crippled; I don't think he will be at Mania this year.

Reaction score
Like a lot of others mentioned, the only one that I'd really be interested there is Team Friendship vs The Rock N' Sock Connection.

Other than that, one dream match will always be The Undertaker vs Sting in a Hell in a Cell match at Wrestlemania.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I don't want the triple threat but it would make sense. The only match on this list I kind of want to see is rock n sock vs friendship and I'd never even thought of it before the list.

The rest make little sense to me AJ vs. Trish not even a match.

Reaction score
Personally I think a high profile match involving AJ Lee would be a great choice, having her face Trish Status would make sense to. Truth be told, since the likes of Trish Stratus, Lita and say Stephanie McMahon there hasn't really been a female in WWE that has made the impact AJ Lee has made over the last year. I think if they picked Trish Stratus they could easily make it a believable match with a solid storyline.

Triple Threat Match? I honestly have no desire to see these three in a triple threat match, Undertaker is WAY past his prime and can barely stand these days, Shawn Michaels is retired and should stay as such. Triple H is the only one of the three that I could see in a match for Mania but the question is against who? Now whomever they were to pick, I would make the match against someone that could obviously gain momentum by beating someone of Triple H's status. If Dolph Ziggler wasn't in the World title picture at Wrestlemania, I think he could be the most obvious choice as someone to go over Triple H at Wrestlemania, that or Damien Sandow. Now both of those would be dream matches to me for Mania, Triple H vs. Dolph Ziggler or Damien Sandow.

John Cena/Ryback.. Honestly like said above, a match like this is something that is barely worthy of main eventing Raw. But whether we like it or not, Ryback is going to be in a high profile feud going into Wrestlemania. I like John Cena, he isn't the most sound in the ring but I think this would be the best option for him if they went ahead with this idea for a feud/match. I really have no desire to see Rock/Cena again so having Ryback going up against John Cena on the biggest stage of all would help cement Ryback as a top dog in WWE. That being said, this would be no dream match for me whatsoever but it would makes sense and keep both of these guys busy at Mania and allow the talented guys to be in bigger and better matches.

CM Punk/Brock Lesnar would and could work very well, if they decide to not go with Steve Austin/CM Punk then I think given current storylines having Punk going up against Lesnar would work perfect. CM Punk and Brock Lesnar could be involved with Paul Heyman over the next several months eventually leading up to a rift in the ranks having them both vie for the top spot with Paul Heyman by their side. The match could be for managerial purposes and even the WWE Title.

My favorite out of all five mentioned would have to be Rock N' Sock Connection vs. Team Hell No. I think this would be a great high profile tag match and would work fine for Mick Foley considering it would be a tag match. Given the fact that the Rock "rock bottomed" Daniel Bryan before, they could make this work just fine. Would really be a great idea and have someone like Daniel Bryan getting a rub from three of the biggest from the attitude era and if WWE wants to hype the attitude era due to the new WWE 13, this would make the most sense. All this being said, I don't know if they'll still have Kane and Daniel Bryan wrestling in a tag team by then, but if this is true then I say they should pounce on this idea. You could easily have Kane or Daniel Bryan costing the Rock the WWE Title at Wrestlemania leading up to a tag match between the four.

I've got a few dream matches myself which I may or not post, but these are my thoughts on the five mentioned anyways.

Reactions: 1 person