• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So it's not banned? Well WWE is drawing a lot of attention by removing it from the Wrestlemania replay, if they just plain ass left it but didn't have the commentators scream "CURB STOMP!" Maybe it'd not draw that much attention.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
So it's not banned? Well WWE is drawing a lot of attention by removing it from the Wrestlemania replay, if they just plain ass left it but didn't have the commentators scream "CURB STOMP!" Maybe it'd not draw that much attention.

Regarding rumors of WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins having his Curb Stomp finisher banned by the company, the move has not been banned but Rollins will be using the new DDT-facebuster type move he used on RAW to defeat Dolph Ziggler as his finisher.

Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter described Rollins using a new move as a "semantic situation" and said WWE does not want to draw attention to the Curb Stomp no longer being used, but it is not banned.

Source

• Haha
Reactions: Red Rain

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
970034_565860510119674_386470590_n.jpg

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Superstars get concussions all the time. What matters is has this happened from a curb stomp? And if it has, how often does it happen?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
bullllllllllllllllllllllllllll shit

If you made a list of the 25 moves most likely to cause a concussion in the WWE the curb stomp wouldn't even make honorable mention. It is not a dangerous move lol. Spoiler/breaking kayfabe: Seth isn't actually driving the other guy's face into the mat forcefully :cornette: :pity2:

it is clearly an image thing. They should just call it something else so kids aren't googling curb stomp. It really isn't a curb stomp anyway since that involves biting a curb and getting your jaw unhinged

Reactions: Green Jesus

TC Punk

Jobber
Reaction score
Turns out another reason was because Vince didn't like the move, nice move Vince.

The sarcasm is real.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It's cuz of the name, there's no other reason.. Call it a 'Mat Stomp' and you'd be perfectly fine as far as legal issues go..

Kids google that shit thinking it's only a Seth Rollins thing and stumble upon pictures and videos that are well just simply not Seth Rollins related.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I cannot believe that they have the nerve to say that the setup is bad and people can just move... Omg... In the world of WWE.... Realistically, anyone can move out of the way. The stone cold stunner is a perfect example. He kicks to the gut and then nails the stunner. ... Just side step before he grabs your head...

Rollins hits to the gut really hard and runs off the ropes and then plants you... I thought it was fine. Wth is wrong with it???

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It's cuz of the name, there's no other reason.. Call it a 'Mat Stomp' and you'd be perfectly fine as far as legal issues go..

Kids google that shit thinking it's only a Seth Rollins thing and stumble upon pictures and videos that are well just simply not Seth Rollins related.

I'd be fine with Curb Stomp being renamed back to Blackout or Peace of Mind, tbh. Anything to keep the move. I'm not a fan of his new finisher at all.

But I do hope they'll bring the Curb Stomp back once Rollins turns face, though...

EDIT: Rollins using that turnbuckle Powerbomb followed by a superkick would still be a better finisher than the one he's currently using.