WWE Bans the Curb Stomp

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
"It's dangerous" lol stop. Compared to any number of moves you would see at any WWE show the move is completely harmless.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
In other words the curb stomp is going to be more of a special attraction instead of a staple.

Can't say I agree. The curb stomp was badass. Seth talking about curb stomping people was badass. Take that away and he loses a lot of badass points.

I suppose that "This move is badass as a mother so you can't use it as a heel!!!" is more of their rationale, and wanted to get an internet firestorm going. Second coming of the Cesaro Swing.

since WWE can't decide if they're kayfabe or not anymore

All I know is that his new move Ziggler couldn't even make look good

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Aw, you mean I won't get to see people hop up to meet Seth's foot anymore? Dang it! :brockderp:

Side note: So when's the bro-ski boot getting "banned" then? Oh yeah, when Ryder is actually on tv enough to use it. Sooooo, never.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Aw, you mean I won't get to see people hop up to meet Seth's foot anymore? Dang it! :brockderp:

Side note: So when's the bro-ski boot getting "banned" then? Oh yeah, when Ryder is actually on tv enough to use it. Sooooo, never.
I think I found my new @Testify
n9GpZ.gif

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
His new finisher is really lame. Would be better if they gave him some sort of kick, even though this kind of move has oversaturated already with mr.ziggler spamming it like its doesn't cost mana.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Also, this is NOT a health care decision, its a political one. They singled out the curbstomp because it draws attention, not because it's particulary risky. This shit has nothing to do with protecting the wrestlers and everything to do with appeasing uneducated critics.

And fuck them for not giving him a proper move. When sheamus lost his celtic cross they gave him a brogue kick and it's great. It's not as much about taking away his finisher, but about the stupid and generic replacement they gave him

Last edited:

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
If Rollins is going to be using that new finisher, it doesn't really make sense to say that they're not banning the Curb Stomp

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I'm not really into many of the current finishing moves. Many of them make me wonder how they could believable as finishes. I actually really like the curb stomp. Seth Rollins, a guy I didn't care a whole lot about just last year, has really grown on me and he might actually be my favorite on the main roster. I really liked watching the curb stomp.

But yeah, if it switches to a reserved move that has more impact and thus more infamy, I guess that's all right.

When you think about it, the curb stomp may have been the one solid weapon Rollins would have had to use against Lesnar. Without it, hiding might be the most effective.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Omg this is fucking wrestling/entertainment!!!

Guys get DDT's, swinging neck breakers, fall off ladders, super kicks, uppercuts, hit with weapons, and they feel that Rollins curb stomp is too risky??

Are there any statistics showing injuries from this move? Like is it a constant issue like a pile driver was?

Last edited:

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Omg this is fucking wrestling/entertainment!!!

Guys get DDT's, swinging neck breakers, fall off ladders, super kicks, uppercuts, hit with weapons, and they feel that Rollins curb stomp is too risky??

Are there any statistics showing injuries from this move? Like is a constant issue like a pile driver was?
Orton was out for a few months after a couple of em right? :bischoff: JK

• Haha
Reactions: Prince Bálor

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Backstage News On Seth Rollins Using A New Finishing Move, Curb Stop Not Being Banned

Source
I actually think the curb stomp fits Seth and his arsenal very well. It looks painful and fits his evil gimmick now. Why the fuck would they bail on it after we all got use to it??? I mean and he used that move to win the title!

It would like if they just decided to not use Romans spear all the sudden. Why? You don't have to love roman to know that his spear fits him well.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I actually think the curb stomp fits Seth and his arsenal very well. It looks painful and fits his evil gimmick now. Why the fuck would they bail on it after we all got use to it??? I mean and he used that move to win the title!

It would like if they just decided to not use Romans spear all the sudden. Why? You don't have to love roman to know that his spear fits him well.

Ehh, perhaps they might decide to bring it back once Rollins turns face. I'm not a fan of his new finisher.
If the Curb Stomp was gonna be nixed for storyline purposes only, then that would've been fine... But this way, nah-ah, frig off!

Reactions: edge4ever