WWE Bans the Curb Stomp

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'd be fine with Curb Stomp being renamed back to Blackout or Peace of Mind, tbh. Anything to keep the move. I'm not a fan of his new finisher at all.

But I do hope they'll bring the Curb Stomp back once Rollins turns face, though...

EDIT: Rollins using that turnbuckle Powerbomb followed by a superkick would still be a better finisher than the one he's currently using.
True, the superkick on a oponent on his knees del rio used would do fine as substitute, seeing as it would still capture the predatory and underhanded aspect of his character. His new finisher does nothing for his character and does not even look nice or dangerous

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
True, the superkick on a oponent on his knees del rio used would do fine as substitute, seeing as it would still capture the predatory and underhanded aspect of his character. His new finisher does nothing for his character and does not even look nice or dangerous

What do you mean Seth's new finisher does nothing for his character? It's such a gentle embrace followed by lying down slow. [HASHTAG]#SayNoToViolence[/HASHTAG]

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Sucks man. One of the only legit moves left in the WWE, gone. To make things worse, they replace it with the most boring dookie shit finisher to ever grace this Earth. :(

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I would love if this bullshit backfired and people started chanting "Curb stomp, curb stomp" to the point we can't really tell the difference between a wwe crowd and a neonazi reunion

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
I still like his new finisher, but it ain't no curb stomp.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This is getting even more ridiculous now! lol
So, they're trying to Chris Benoit the Curb Stomp?! Frig off

- Speaking of the WWE Network, the latest WWE 24 premiered last night, which looked at Roman Reigns heading into WrestleMania 31. It should be noted that the Curb Stomp was edited out of the WrestleMania main event. When showing the closing moments of the show, you see Rollins running for the Curb Stomp and then a crowd shot was shown as he hit the move. It then cut back to Rollins pinning Reigns to win the title.

Source

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
An update:

- It has been rumored in recent weeks that WWE officials are prohibiting Seth Rollins from using the Curb Stomp, his former finishing maneuver. During a Q&A session atWizard World St. Louis Comic Con over the weekend, Rollins was asked if WrestleMania 31 was the last time we will ever see the move, and the WWE World Heavyweight Champion replied, "yes."

Rollins added, "Never say never. You never know. But for now, yes. For the extended period of time, the Pedigree will be the finisher moving forward."

Source

Please, bring back the Curb Stomp in the near future.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
An update:

Source

Please, bring back the Curb Stomp in the near future.
At least they gave him something that makes sense for the character. Never really liked the pedigree that much in execution(though the kick to the gut setup is cool) seeing as sometimes it looks weak, buuuut, it's still miles and miles better then that shitty ddt they were planning for him to use

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
At least they gave him something that makes sense for the character. Never really liked the pedigree that much in execution(though the kick to the gut setup is cool) seeing as sometimes it looks weak, buuuut, it's still miles and miles better then that shitty ddt they were planning for him to use

LOL, yeah. That DDT was horrendous. I'm glad he'll be using the Pedigree from here on out till he finally turns babyface.