• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE and NJPW Reportedly in "Talks"

Dale

Super Moderator
See I want it, but I don’t want it exclusive. I love what I get with AEW/NJPW and Impact/NJPW, and I don’t wanna lose that. Shocking isn’t it?
I mean sure, I can understand why someone wouldn't want exclusivity but I won't ever understand someone not wanting the chance of matches like this happening.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I understand a New Japan diehard wanting to make it clear that the company already puts out a great product, but at the end of the day a lot of people are just most acquainted with WWE's brand and wrestlers and the easiest way for them to connect with performers and such is through WWE. Tbh, I only watch WWE PPVs nowadays because I think their television has been a colossal waste of time most weeks for a while now, but even so I can't get the resentment for people discussing their dream matches, or showing more interest in New Japan suddenly due to this potential partnership. Both those things sound great for the company and being perturbed about that just seems like some form of gatekeeping.

Now, the matter of exclusivity is a different concern that I fully understand. Personally, I'd prefer to continue seeing them collab with AEW and Impact as well.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
I mean sure, I can understand why someone wouldn't want exclusivity but I won't ever understand someone not wanting the chance of matches like this happening.

A lot of us are against the exclusivity part. Like, having that is what personally kills it for me. Like they are matches I LOVE to see, 100%. But not if it means I lose something I’ve enjoyed the mess out of at the same time. So I agree if people just don’t want it period. But seems to me it’s more of the exclusive thing here that us against the idea are saying.

Deezy

DZ PZ
dumb comparison since both are NFL.

That’s more Smackdown vs Raw.
So WBC champ shouldn't face the WBO champ.

Or Chuck Liddell should have never went to Pride FC.

Those millions of soccer leagues play other leagues....

but rasslin has to be an island onto themselves because....reasons.

Unless it's the other Khan doing the talks 8D

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
So WBC champ shouldn't face the WBO champ.

Or Chuck Liddell should have never went to Pride FC.

Those millions of soccer leagues play other leagues....

but rasslin has to be an island onto themselves because....reasons.

Unless it's the other Khan doing the talks 8D

how about you stop being a troll and read post? ITS THE EXCLUSIVE PART that is bullshit. Tony Khan isn’t trying to take NJPW away from other companies to work with. Try again. You’ll make sense soon.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
If the exclusivity wasn't on the table - I honestly wouldn't care about the idea of the 'dream matches'. I'm gatekeeping against the idea, of dream matches taking place at the cost of all the other benefits that NJPW provides. Especially in how it has helped built so many Gaijin wrestlers - become more established names. This wouldn't be able to happen, if North America was shutoff to anyone not part of the WWE.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
If the exclusivity wasn't on the table - I honestly wouldn't care about the idea of the 'dream matches'. I'm gatekeeping against the idea, of dream matches taking place at the cost of all the other benefits that NJPW provides. Especially in how it has helped built so many Gaijin wrestlers - become more established names. This wouldn't be able to happen, if North America was shutoff to anyone not part of the WWE.

Some people won’t ever get it and just live to troll. Shows in their post when they say shit that makes no sense when looking at other post.