• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I have a feeling this will fall apart quickly after it's put together. As long as Vince is there you know he'll screw it up somehow.

WWF and New Japan were partners in the 80s and it wasn't Vince who queered that deal.

And WWE have many partnerships going atm, how has Vince screwed any of those up?

This is a business deal, nothing to do with booking and creative.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
I will believe this when I see Daniel Bryan re-signs with WWE and actually steps foot in NJPW soil.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
I will believe this when I see Daniel Bryan re-signs with WWE and actually steps foot in NJPW soil.

This could get me to watch NJPW. Guys like Bryan, Seth, Roman working matches over there. My favourites basically.

I've only really watched the Wrestle Kingdom events and I did enjoy them tbf, but a lot of it was because I knew of guys like Jericho. Like when Omega vs Jericho happened.

That crossover potential really helps just ease me in to the product and as a result I discover new guys that I like just from watching the events.

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Wouldn't it benefit Danielson to sign with an AEW and work dates with NJPW. Maybe he gets better health benefits with WWE?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
I don't understand why people are fascinated by 'dream matches' - when New Japan regularly has outstanding matches at every single one of their pay per views. Or would be interested in watching New Japan, because of the involvement of WWE's "top stars". Tanahashi, Naito, Okada, White, Ospreay, Ibushi etc. really don't need help putting on great matches.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
This could get me to watch NJPW. Guys like Bryan, Seth, Roman working matches over there. My favourites basically.

I've only really watched the Wrestle Kingdom events and I did enjoy them tbf, but a lot of it was because I knew of guys like Jericho. Like when Omega vs Jericho happened.

That crossover potential really helps just ease me in to the product and as a result I discover new guys that I like just from watching the events.

the match that made me an Omega fan.

I had heard of him. Never saw him tho. Huge Jericho fan so I had to watch. Was impressed. Not only by Omega, but a lot of the NJPW talent.

Have watched WrestleKingdom every year since.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't understand why people are fascinated by 'dream matches' - when New Japan regularly has outstanding matches at every single one of their pay per views. Or would be interested in watching New Japan, because of the involvement of WWE's "top stars". Tanahashi, Naito, Okada, White, Ospreay, Ibushi etc. really don't need help putting on great matches.
Some people are WWE fans above all else, and would be intrigued in seeing the WWE stars they favor doing some new and interesting stuff with a roster of guys who are almost universally respected. I think that mostly covers it. :lol

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Some people are WWE fans above all else, and would be intrigued in seeing the WWE stars they favor doing some new and interesting stuff with a roster of guys who are almost universally respected. I think that mostly covers it. :lol

It just feels like going aboard, but rather than tasting the local food wanting to eat McDonalds.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
It just feels like going aboard, but rather than tasting the local food wanting to eat McDonalds.
Let people have their fun and let them want stuff that interests them. It's not that hard.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Let people have their fun and let them want stuff that interests them. It's not that hard.

I mean, she’s just posting and debating. No different than you saying screw the other companies. :toomanykobes

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl

The point I'm making, is that its like someone saying Asuka and Io Shirai are their favourite wrestlers - but then saying they would only be drawn to watch JOSHI or Stardom if these people featured in special contests. Its not really controversial.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Feels more like someone who loves McDonalds fries wanting to try eating them with a Hot n Juicy quarter pounder from Wendy's. :lol

• Haha
Reactions: Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
People want to see top stars from one company mix with top stars from another company in matches they would never thought they would get to see? Damn, I can't see why anyone would want that to be honest, sounds shit.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
People want to see top stars from one company mix with top stars from another company in matches they would never thought they would get to see? Damn, I can't see why anyone would want that to be honest, sounds shit.

See I want it, but I don’t want it exclusive. I love what I get with AEW/NJPW and Impact/NJPW, and I don’t wanna lose that. Shocking isn’t it?

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
People who are just happy for WWE to hold a North American monopoly with New Japan, probably though that WCW going out of business was good for the wrestling industry. Imagine not understanding why people are against exclusivity.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze