WWE: A Fresh Start

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

King Edge? Interesting like CMS said it will take a while to get used to.

BM: Main Event and the Hardcore Match

WM: N/A pretty good matches all round.

BP: Flair/Hogan

WP: N/A I didn't mind the last one but if I had to choose one maybe that.

AC: Good show Riggs impressive start to BTB I'll be checking it out some more. Check out WWE: Big Time if ya want

y2j__legend

Reaction score
BM: Main event or the Hardcore macth, shillelagh to the balls must hurt alot lol.

WM: There weren't really any bad matches, but if I had to pick one, perhaps the tag match. It was still good though, althoguh the other ones were better. :p

BP: Definately the last promo of the night, with Edge spearing Teddy.

WP: Not really any either, but probably John Morrison and The Miz.

Great debut show, check out my BTB if you have the chance. The link is in my siggy.

xtremebadass

BM: For me anyways, it was the hardcore match, but like stated before the ME was just as good

WM: Didn't really find any bad ones

BP: I am going with Edge in the closing

WP: Yea Miz and Morrison if any

AC: Really liked reading, I know I haven't stopped by alot recently, but I damn sure plan to, sweet preview as well

xImpulsive

Reaction score
BM: Main Event

WM: N/A

BP: Ric Flair and Hogan

WP: The last one

AC: Next time don't center everything, it screws up the page, only center the match title. Overall i think it was an ok show, nice start. Ill keep reviewing 7.5/10

Qwake

bm: Hardcore and m/e cant decide
wm: n/a
bp: flair and hogan
wp: not sure, none I guess
Im going to be reviewing this, Review for review?

Riggs

Reaction score
Friday Night Smackdown Week 2!

“Rise Up†by Drowning Pool hits and we are LIVE at Staples Center in LA! We've got a great lineup and promise that you will not be disappointed! Ladies and gentlemen... welcome to...FRIDAY...NIGHT...SMACKDOWN!

CRASH BOOM BANG!

The fans look on in awe as pyro sets off at the top of the new stage. We are ready to kick off the first ever Smackdown in HD!

EC Qualifying Match
Chavo Guerrero vs (Hardcore Champ) Finlay vs Gregory Helms

The nephew of the late great Eddie Guerrero steps out. He kisses his EG wrist band and points to the sky, as pyro shoots up towards the ceiling behind him!

Tony Chimel- Making his way to the ring... CHAVOO GEEURRERRO!

Chavo does the classic EG shake and slides into the ring. He taps his wrist band for good luck, and waits for his opponent.

The fans begin to boo at the sound of Helms' music. The former super hero steps out, and raises an arm in the air and pyro shoots off behind him.

Tony Chimel- Making his way to the ring, Gregory Helms!

Helms walks down the ramp, ignoring the fans' explicit comments. Helms slides into the ring, and Chavo gets in his face. Helms smacks Chavo across the face and goes into his corner.

The fans cheer loudly as the New Hardcore champion steps out, his weapon in hand. He raises the weapon in the air as pyro shoots off on both sides.

Tony Chimel- Making his way to the ring, the New Hardcore Champion... Finlay!

Finlay unstraps his belt and walks down the ramp with his title raised in the air. Finlay tosses the belt into the ring and slides in. He places his weapon outside. The ref picks up the belt and hands it to a staff member outside.

DING DING DING!

Finlay and Helms walk up to each other and lock up. Finlay over powers Helms and takes him down with a tackle. Chavo seizes the opportunity and begins to stomp away on Finlay. Chavo picks him up, and hits him with a hard European uppercut. Chavo goes for the quick pin.

1...2..No. Helms pulls Chavo off and stomps on his shoulder. Helms lifts up Chavo and wrings his arm. Helms flips Chavo over, and knee drops Chavo's elbow right on the joint. Chavo writhes in pain, meanwhile Finlay is back on his feet. Finlay spins Helms around and NAILS him with a huge forearm. Finlay goes for the quick pin.

1...2...No. Helms gets the shoulder up. Finlay tosses Helms into the corner, and lights him up with knife edged chops. Chavo is back on his feet, and dropkicks Finlay in the back, causing Finlay to headbutt Helms in the face! Chavo spins Finlay around and takes him down with a suplex. Chavo twists himself up, and hits another one! He twists himself one more time, and hits the Three Amigos! Chavo points to the turnbuckle, and ascends it!

Chavo- I'm FEELING FROGGY!

Chavo is ready to jump off, but Helms hits the ropes! Chavo loses his balance and falls onto the turnbuckle groin first. Helms jumps onto the top rope... and hits a neckbreaker from the very top! GOOD GOD! Both men are knocked out, and Helms some how drapes his arm over Chavo's chest.

1...2......TH...NO! Finlay stomps on Helms's hands breaking the pin! Finlay knees Helms in the gut and hits him with a devastating pile driver! Finlay goes for the pin.

1..2...NO! Helms just kicked out! Finlay goes to lift up Helms, but Chavo hits him from behind! Chavo whips Finlay into the corner and hits him with a vicious elbow. Finlay falls the ground, and Chavo turns his attention to Helms. Helms is just getting up, and Chavo hits him with a fierce and powerful dropkick. Chavo hooks the leg!

1..2..3! No! Helms was JUST able to get his foot on the rope! Chavo thinks he won! He celebrates in the middle of the ring, meanwhile Helms is getting back to his feet. Chavo turns around and gets hit wit the SHINING WIZARD! Chavo backflips over the top and lands straight on his neck!

The ref frantically jumps outside to check on Chavo, meanwhile Finlay is brawling with Helms. Helms goes for an elbow, but Finlay ducks, and takes him down with an Atomic Drop. He waits for him to get up...GORE!!! GORE!! RHINO JUST GORED FINLAY!!! MY GOD! Rhino picks up Helms and tosses him on top of Finlay! Rhino runs out of the ring, and the ref turns around just in time to see the pin! The ref rolls into the ring!

1...No not like this! 2...3!

Winner- Gregory Helms- Gore from Rhino- 6:35
Reward: Gregory Helms advances to the Elimination Chamber.

Rhino backs up the ramp with a smirk on his face before disappearing into the back. Finlay is knocked out, and Helms is confused. The ref raises Helms' hands, and Helms begins to jump up and down like a school girl.

***End of Match***

***Backstage Promo***

The scene cuts backstage where we see a nervous Curt Hawkins training for his match. Edge and Zack Ryder enter the shot. Hawkins quickly rises to his feet.

Hawkins- Am I out of the match?

Edge shakes his head.

Edge- Riggs did everything he could but the contract for the match was already signed. Same thing with mine tonight.

Hawkins becomes angry.

Hawkins- You know what? You are a coward Edge. I'm going up against three monsters and you're worried about facing a Mexican midget!

Ryder and Edge smirk.

Ryder- Just go out there and lose.

Hawkins shakes his head and pushes through Ryder and Edge. The 3 on 1 Handicap Match is up next!

**Video Package**

The Elimination Chamber... Dangerous...Violent...Bloody.

6 Men Will Enter...only ONE will survive.

Elimination Chamber Match
Undertaker, Kane, and Batista vs Curt Hawkins

Curt Hawkins' music hits. The fans boo as Curt Hawkins comes out alone.

Tony Chimel- Making his way to the ring.... Curt Hawkins!

He quickly runs down the ramp and into the ring, obviously wanting to get this over with.

Batista's music hits and the Animal steps out to a loud pop.

Tony Chimel- Making his way to the ring, Batista!

He fires his machine as pyro and fire shoots off on the sides of the ramp and behind him. He punches the floor and fire explodes all around him. He climbs up the steps and waits for his partner.

Kane's music hits and The Big Red Machine steps out to loud boos.

Tony Chimel- And his partner, making his way to the ring... KANE!

He ignores the fans and continues to walk down the ramp before stopping at the bottom. He eyes Batista.

The lights go out, but then turn a dark blue color. Fog fills the ramp and stage as Undertaker steps out, with his trademark hat and trench coat.

Tony Chimel- And lastly, their tag team partner, THE UNDERTAKER!

He glides through the smoke. He stops at the bottom and eyes Kane and Batista. He turns the lights back on and takes off his coat and hat. All three slide into the ring, and this match is underway!

DING DING DING!

Hawkins keeps his distance as the three argue. Taker pushes Kane out of the way and NAILS Hawkins with a sick right hook. Taker takes a step away. Kane nods and lifts up Hawkins by the hair, and hits him with a hard throat thrust! Hawkins begins to cough and leans against the ropes. Batista cracks his neck, and takes Hawkins head off with a powerful Haymaker! Hawkins falls to the ground, writhing in pain. Batista steps back and points at Taker.

Undertaker grabs Hawkins by the hair and lifts him up.... and nails him in the jaw with a big boot... Kane charges and does the same! Hawkins is knocked out in the center of the ring. Batista picks him up... Spinebuster! Kane lifts up Hawkins.. and destroys him with a huge Chokeslam! Taker lifts Hawkins up... TombStone PileDriver! Taker crosses the arms!

1...2...3!

Winners- Undertaker, Batista, and Kane-Tombstone- 1:25
Rewards- Kane, Batista, and Taker advance into Elimination Chamber

The three exit the ring and go up the ramp, completely ignoring each other. EMT's attend to Hawkins as the show cuts to Vince McMahon's office, where he has many papers laid out on his desk. Somebody knocks on his door. A smile spreads across McMahon's face.

McMahon- Come on in!

The door opens and reveals Khali. Khali ducks underneath the ceiling and enters. Singh enters behind him, and behind him Ric Flair and Hogan enter. All of the men take a seat except for Khali.

McMahon- Well gentlemen, I'm so glad you could join us. In front of me is the contract for the No Way Out match between one Hulk Hogan and one Great Khali! I want you both to sign on these dotted lines, but of course with permission from NEW Smackdown General Manager. You can come in Jerry.

Riggs walks into the room, with a brand new contract in hand.

Riggs- Mr. McMahon, I advise you get rid of those contracts, because i've got a new and improved one right here.

McMahon- Oh really?

Riggs- Yes sir, this contract states that Hulk Hogan will face the Great Khali, in a NO DQ match.

Flair seems worried, but Hogan eyes down Riggs with an evil stare.

Riggs- Now calm down Hogan, you don't have to wrestle. You could forfeit, forcing your good buddy to retire.

Hogan gets up from his seat and stares Riggs in the eyes.

Hogan- You know I would never do that brother.

Riggs drops the paper on the desk and takes out a pen.

Riggs- The way I see it you have two choices. Be destroyed by Khali, forcing Ric Flair to retire, or save yourself the pain, and just quit now. It's your choice... choose wisely my friend.

Hogan's face is filled with rage, and he snatches the pen from Riggs. Hogan signs on the dotted lines! Hogan shoves the pen to Riggs, and Riggs walks over to Khali.

Riggs- You're next.

Riggs quickly hands Khali the pen and steps away. Khali goes to sign on the dotted lines...but turns around and JABS Hogan in the forehead with the pen! Blood begins to trickle from Hogan's forehead, and the giant begins to stomp on his face! Flair goes to help but gets punched by Riggs! Riggs begins to punch Flair in the face, busting him open. McMahon leaves the office, and calls for Riggs and Khali to follow. Before going, Khali signs his name in Hogan's blood. Khali drops the pen and exits, leaving Flair and Hogan a bloody mess. We cut back to the ring, getting ready for the next match.

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
Jamie Noble vs (US Champion) MVP

Jamie Noble's music hits and Noble steps out to very low cheers. He cracks his wrist and slaps a few of the fans hands.

Tony Chimel- Making his way to the ring...Jamie...Noble!

Noble slides into the ring and waits for his opponent.

MVP's comes out to loud boos. He embraces the boos and cockily makes his way down to the ring.

Tony Chimel- And his opponent... M...V...P!

MVP's slides into the ring, and removes his chain. He drops it to the floor.

DING DING DING!

Noble and MVP circle each other and lock up. Noble knees MVP in the gut and locks him in a head lock. MVP pushes him off, and Noble bounces off the ropes. MVP ducks Noble's clothesline, and goes for a back drop. Noble reverses and lands on his feet, and elbows MVP in the neck. MVP staggers forward, and runs after Noble, but gets nailed in the jaw with a picture perfect drop kick. He goes for the pin.

1...2...No. MVP pushes Noble off. Noble charges at MVP, but but gets planted with a powerful clothesline! MVP goes for the pin!

1....2....No! Noble gets the shoulder up. MVP begins to stomp on the head of Noble. He puts Noble on his knees and bounces off the ropes, and goes to hit him with the Big Boot, but Noble counters! Noble catches his foot and spins him around. Noble charges at MVP but MVP catches him with a hiptoss, but Noble counters and takes him down with an arm drag. MVP quickly gets up and runs after Noble, but gets taken down with a hurricanrana! MVP gets up again and runs after him but this time gets taken down with a head scissor! Noble is on fire! MVP is groggy, and Noble springboards off the middle rope, but MVP knocks him out with a dropkick in mid air! What an impact! Let's see a replay!

**REPLAY***

Back to live action MVP is going for the pin!

1....2......NO! Noble just kicked out! MVP is furious and begins to stomp Noble. He lifts him up and goes for a back breaker, but Noble slithers out! Noble goes for a reverse DDT but MVP slides out! PLAYER'S BOOT! MVP damn near took his head off! MVP goes for the pin!

1....2....3! NO! Noble got his hand on the rope! MVP can't believe it! MVP lifts up Noble, but Noble rolls MVP up!

1....2.....TH...NO! MVP kicked out! So many close calls! MVP tackles Noble into a corner. He punches him in the face three times, and backs up. PLAYER'S BOOT, NO! Noble rolled out of the way! MVP's foot his the turnbuckle. Noble goes for a cross body, but MVP moves! Noble crashes chest first into the turnbuckle, and MVP seizes the opportunity and hits Noble in the back of the head with the Player's Boot! MVP pulls Noble to the center of the ring by his hair, and plants him with the Playmaker! MVP hooks the leg!

1....2....3! MVP has done it! He's advancing into the chamber!

Winner- MVP- Playmaker- 3:50
Reward- MVP is advancing into the Chamber

What a match that was! We have to go to the final commercial break of the night! Up next it's Matt Hardy vs Chuck Palumbo!

**Commercial**

Ladies and gentlemen welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown! Let's head to ringside where we are ready for the final Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match.

Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match
Matt Hardy vs Chuck Palumbo

Matt Hardy's music hits and he steps out holding up his signature V1 sign. The fans are giving him a nice welcome back pop, and Hardy embraces it.

Tony Chimel- Ladies and gentlemen, the returning, Matt Hardy!

Matt slides into the ring and waits for Palumbo.

Palumbo's music hits, but nobody appears. Palumbo's body can be seen on the titantron, bloodied and beaten.

Tony Chimel- Ladies and gentlemen the winner by default, Matt Hardy!

Winner- Matt Hardy- Default- 0:00

Matt Hardy is livid in the ring, saying he wanted to earn the shot.

Ladies and gentlemen, lets take this time to show you the Jerry Riggs interview.

***Video Package***

Jerry Riggs is sitting in a chair across from Michael Cole.

Cole- Jerry there is one question that everybody wants to know....Why have you come to WWE and what will happen to WWO?

Riggs- Well, WWO's first televised show got decent ratings, and got good reviews. However, at the second show, the ratings plummeted, and barely anybody bothered to review. The company was going bankrupt, and tickets weren't selling for out next PPV Battle for the Glory. The PPV was canceled, forcing WWO into bankruptcy. I tuned into Monday Night Raw one night, and figured I called Mr. McMahon. I told him about my current situation, and he agreed to leave me in charge of Smackdown, while a friend of his booked Raw. He said he didn't like the way Teddy was running and booking it, and wanted me to take control. And I did JUST that. Me and Edge formed an unstoppable alliance, and now I have control of Smackdown.

Cole- Why did you attack Teddy? And why WWE? Why Smackdown?

Riggs- Theodore was stopping me from doing what I wanted to do. And that was to give Smackdown a fresh taste of the new age. Make it better than it EVER was. And I did just that. Ratings skyrocketed, the reviews were great. That's what I wanted to do, that was my mission. And it worked. It worked great. Now, I have important business to do.

Riggs gets up to the chair and leaves. The camera cuts to static.

Well there you have it. Let's go to ringside for our final match of the night!

If Rey wins, anybody who interferes during their match at No Way Out will be fired!
(World Heavyweight Champion) Edge vs Rey Mysterio

Pyro shoots off and Mysterio jumps out from beneath the stage to an amazing pop. He beats his chest and points to the roof, and pyro shoots off behind him.

Tony Chimel- Making his way to the ring, the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship... REYYYY MYYYSTERRRIOOO!

Rey walks down the ramp and slaps a few lucky fans' hands before sliding into the ring. He mounts the turnbuckle, kisses his fingers and points to the roof. Pyro quickly shoots off from each turnbuckle. Mysterio hops off and waits for the World Champ.

Edge's music begins to play and the R Rated Superstar steps out, the World Title around his waist. He is flanked by his lackey Zack Ryder, but Curt Hawkins is no where to be seen. The fans are booing them like crazy. Edge and Ryder give the Rock On sign and pyro shoots out next to them.

Tony Chimel- And his opponent, accompanied by Zack Ryder, he's the World Heavyweight Champion! EDGE!

Edge slides into the ring while Ryder waits on the outside. Edge unstraps the belt and goes to hand it to the ref... but instead he nails Rey in the face with it! Edge hands the belt to the ref, and this match is underway!

DING DING DING

Edge goes for the pin!

1...2....3! Edge has done it! God damnit he's done it! Edge snatches the belt, but wait a second... the referee is viewing the replay... Rey got his index finger on the bottom rope! Edge looks like he's ready to rip his hair out! The ref reverses the call, and this match is starting up again! Edge tries to grab the belt away from the ref, but gets dropkicked by Rey! Edge hits the mat hard, and Rey locks him in a head lock. The two get to their feet, and Edge delivers two elbows to Mysterio's gut, forcing him to release the hold. Rey backs up and charges at Edge full speed, but Edge thumbs Mysterio HARD in the eye! Mysterio backs up, and blood is coming out of his eye! Edge seizes the opportunity... SPEAR! Edge hooks the leg!

1...2...NO! Mysterio got the shoulder up! Edge can't believe it! Edge lifts up Rey and tosses him into the ropes, and Edge runs after him afterwards. Rey swings through the middle rope! 619! Rey nailed Edge in the gut with the 619! Edge backs up in pain and Rey goes for the West Coast Pop! But Ryder grabs his legs! Rey kicks Ryder, off of him.... SPRINGBOARD MOONSAULT TO THE OUTSIDE! Rey takes Ryder out, and lands perfectly on his feet. He hops onto the apron, and springboards off... but gets SPEARED IN MID AIR! Edge hooks the leg again!

1!!!2!!!NO!!!!! Edge can't believe it! Edge lifts up Rey... EDUCUTIONAR! Edge hooks the leg again!

1!!!2!!NO! KICKOUT AGAIN! Edge is seriously pissed off! Edge backs up into the corner, looking to finish him off. Rey is on his feet, and Edge charges! IT'S CURT HAWKINS! Hawkins slides into the ring with a chair and NAILS Rey in the face!!!! The ref rings the bell!

Winner- Rey Mysterio- DQ- 3:50

Edge is irate, and SPEARS THE SHIT OUT OF HAWKINS! Edge picks up the chair and begins to beat him down with it! BATISTA COMES RUNNING TO THE RING! Batista spears Edge out of his boots! Batista picks him up... BATISTA BOMB! Batista screams at the crowd, and Kane slides into the ring... and grabs Batista's throat! Batista boots him in the gut... and clotheslines him over the top! Both men crash on the outside, and continue to brawl! MVP comes running down with a chair and slides into the ring... Rey gets up... and gets nailed in the head again! HERE COMES MATT HARDY! He's got the steel pipe! Matt tackles MVP and begins to beat his face with the pipe! This is utter chaos! The lights go out and comes back on seconds later...Undertaker is in the ring! He pulls up Matt by the hair.. CHOKESLAM! He lifts up the bloody MVP... LAST RIDE TO THE OUTSIDE! Rey is getting up, and gets clotheslined by Taker! Taker lifts up Hawkins... CHOKESLAM! Taker lifts up the chair... and throws it like a football at Edge! The chair connects with Edge's nose immediately busting it open! Taker slides out of the ring with the chair, and hits Kane with it! Kane topples over the barricade! Batista and Taker begin to brawl! We have to go! Don't forget to watch No Way Out this Sunday! We'll see you there!

***End of Show***

Preview for next week's Smackdown!

Ric Flair vs Elijah Burke

Hardcore Title
© Finlay vs Rhino

John Morrison w/Miz vs Jimmy Wang Yang w/Shannon Moore

Shelton Benjamin vs Robert Roode

Rey Mysterio and Curt Hawkins vs Zack Ryder and Edge

Main Event
Batista, Matt Hardy, and Gregory Helms vs Kane, Undertaker, and MVP!

HulkStar

Guys Im so sorry I didnt post raw my MS Word has been going nuts and I tryed everything I know of to fix it. It hasnt worked so im gonna do a review of most of Raw then write out the last couple of matches and segments.. Sorry again