WWE '12 Video Game Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I live in Australia so I can barely find a game where I don't lag. :(

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'll try that out, haven't even been able to play a full match online because of lag and cutout, and I know it's not on my end cause I have a full 5 bars.
Yeah, set it to 3-5 when you create a match? It will lock out all leggy connections who try to join you. Plus you can turn caws off, just remember that custom abilities are always on anyhow

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE 12 Newly Released Legends DLC Trailers
Macho Man
[video=youtube;mm3t4pEerGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3t4pEerGQ&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube;2UMUV1L6pAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UMUV1L6pAg&feature=relmfu[/video]

Batista
[video=youtube;JI3Pq54LbRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3Pq54LbRY&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube;r2cmYAVctp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2cmYAVctp8&feature=relmfu[/video]

Mick Foley
[video=youtube;UvHeN7jiCSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvHeN7jiCSw&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;iRv9i-adYfI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRv9i-adYfI&feature=related[/video]

Old School Masked Kane
[video=youtube;DQYwAbQ-Ve0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQYwAbQ-Ve0&context=C31c725aADOEgsToPDskLYnEvoSBjMVkU_KKhy5Z_c[/video]

[video=youtube;JXe36Fo2hVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXe36Fo2hVQ&context=C3a0f0ecADOEgsToPDskLLAqfeLK-qzORqD_BOOPdM[/video]

Brodus Clay (Pre-Funkasauras)
[video=youtube;ijPcRM6DNw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijPcRM6DNw0&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;8QwLkxvyfoY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QwLkxvyfoY&feature=related[/video]

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
II guess I'll have to turn Batista into the heel one.

Ben

Reaction score
I'll just go ahead and get all 3 guys as there all some of my favorites. Haven't heard anything on the next pack, as I really have no idea who else they could throw in there.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah, I'm getting them all too considering it'd only cost 240msp all up for the three of them and Masked Kane and Brodus Clay are free.

Can't wait til they get released. (Day after Rumble)

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
mannnn freakin 225 MB update for the game.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Just checked if the DLC was up on the Xbox for me but it isn't. :( C'mon THQ.

Don't know if North America or UK have got it though, I'm from Aus.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I know I read that the DLC wasn't to be out in North America until the 31st. This was just one of those really huge updates that they have ya do. I think everyone else gets it the day after.

Seeing the list of things that are to be fixed with this patch.... it definitely should be worth it. Cause lot of those things I was having probs with like interference being screwed up cause people were randomly switching during the pin so my allies would turn into rivals and my story would get screwed up, custom music, I mean it listed a whole lotta stuff so hopefully it all works.

Last edited:

Altervers

Reaction score
Sadly i haven't even touched this game yet. I was going to back at christmas time but some guys at work said i was a bad game as the story was short yet again and they said it had awful controls. That wasn't enough to convince me but game informer gave it a 5.5/10. However i do believe that was for the Xbox 360 version so not sure if the game handles different from system to system. Anyone know if the controls are really all that bad or just an exaggeration.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The controls are not that bad. I mean there is a difference between last year's model and this year but the learning curve isn't that bad. Only bad part about it though is you have to learn it while playing the matches. There isn't a tutorial.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Okay, I just got the new DLC that is entitled "Legends Pack" for WWE 12 on Xbox 360. So far, I have downloaded Macho Man, Mick Foley, Batista and Brodus Clay. I haven't got Masked Kane yet as they have to fix him as he is supposed to be free but Microsoft set him at 80 microsoft points.

I've only done one match so far though which was Macho Man vs Batista in a TLC match at WrestleMania 27, Savage won of course. Both guys look good and I'll check out the other 2 or 3 shortly. One thing I disliked about Macho was the fact that his elbow drop jump height was a bit too low for me. Ah well, better than nothing and only 80MSP each!

Edit: Just done Mick Foley vs Dolph Ziggler in a HIAC match at WrestleMania 27, Mick Foley won of course since I was playing as him. Was your typical hardcore HIAC match with everything. Mick Foley looks great and everything is on par with him but I do think that his face could use a bit more detail. But it is a video game, so yeah. He does move a bit slow in the ring as he should and I don't think I'll use him much. He will still be a good opponent for old school matches.

Edit: Just done Batista vs Mason Ryan in a Last Man Standing match at TTTT, Batista won. Was a good match and I thought it'd be interesting to put these two guys up against each other, Batista looks good and his physique in the game looks good too and looks realistic. Tattoos look great too. He was fun to play as and has a good moveset, the guy moves pretty fast as well. I will probably continue to play as him a fair bit as I like the guy, was a fan of him and as said, fun to play as.

I also did Brodus Clay vs Zack Ryder in a singles match on RAW, Clay won. Nothing interesting to speak about here and was a boring match, this was before he was the funkasauras as well so a more boring character to play as. He doesn't look that good either and I'll rarely play as him. But free dlc is free dlc, so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
This is the best wrestling game ever created its basically a remake of No Mercy except even better.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
This is the best wrestling game ever created its basically a remake of No Mercy except even better.
Wow... really?

I honestly thought this was the very worst WWE game in years. I haven't been able to get into it at all, really.

I didn't even bother with story mode since I heard it was garbage, I just paid a buck and unlocked everything right off the bat.

And other than how the functions are mapped differently on the controllers, I really didn't find the gameplay a lot different than previous titles either.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
After a few days of playing it though, I had to turn off the reversal indicator because it was screwing up my timing. It's easier to do reversals once its off, but it helps at first to tell you when the reversal can be done but its too quick to react to....