WWC Aniversario 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I didn't know where to put this, but Carlos Colon company in Puerto Rico, WWC... is holding their annual "Aniversario" show. Aniversario is their main show, is like their Wrestlemania and it's usually the biggest event in the island. Yes, the event is on July but big names are being confirmed for that date. Here's the list so far.

-Melina
-Primo & Epico (no wonder)
-John Morrison
-Davey Richards

Those in addition to the big names in the island are probably going to round the card. More names are set to be announced and I will use this thread to update you guys with news related to that event.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
You can assume that Savio Vega and Apolo will be there too, and since I'm sure a couple members here know them from their work in WWE and TNA, I figure you may as well put that out there too...

Kushikimi

Reaction score
You can assume that Savio Vega and Apolo will be there too, and since I'm sure a couple members here know them from their work in WWE and TNA, I figure you may as well put that out there too...

Not really, as Apolo is in jail currently and Savio Vega works for the rival company in PR (in fact he owns half of that company).

I will give you this, Savio has been in talk about an "Invasion" angle with both companies, since they are the two biggest companies in the island, IWA and WWC. That's what fans here have been waiting for so long, and they gave it a try last year, was great but lasted too little. This year they are talking again, let's just hope that Carlos Colón, Victor Jovica, Savio Vega and Miguel Pérez Jr. Ego don't collide again for the sake of the fans here.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I read somewhere that this is also a show that's dedicated to the legacy of the Invaders. I think this is in very poor taste considering Invader 1 killed Bruiser Brody.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I read somewhere that this is also a show that's dedicated to the legacy of the Invaders. I think this is in very poor taste considering Invader 1 killed Bruiser Brody.

You see, that's a very delicate thing here. Most young fans don't know about that incident, and they only remember Invader #1 as they hometown hero. But I think what they did with that is to somehow celebrate the other 3 Invaders, as they are almost forgotten by my generation and they often don't get the respect they deserve.

Believe me, the fact they are dedicating this to the Invaders is a topic that has a lot of heat in Puerto Rico right now.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Believe me, the fact they are dedicating this to the Invaders is a topic that has a lot of heat in Puerto Rico right now.

I can imagine it does. It's unfortunate that the other Invaders are caught up in that stuff, but to allow Gonzalez any kind of glory is deplorable. Anyhow, I don't want to get into it because its a real sour point with me. Brody had so much more to give and Gonzalez deprived us all.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Now speaking about the guys they are bringing... I don't want them to do what they have done over the years, they bring guys from TNA, WWE, ROH, AAA and put them against outsiders or Primo, Epico and Carlito. I want them to put them against guys that bust their asses all year around here, just for them to learn something from those guys.

Last year they brought Blue Demon Jr., Chris Masters, Kenny Dykstra and Ricky Banderas... Blue Demon Jr. and Chris Masters battled it out in all three shows over the weekend... Kenny Dykstra was against Epico on night 1, Primo on night 2 and Carlito on night 3... Banderas was against Rey Gonzalez on night 1, Carlito on night 2 and wasn't on the third show.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I figured Vega would be around because I knew that IWA and WWC have had plenty of contact with one another over the years. Didn't know about Apolo though.

Can agree on the Invader point, though.

Also, Miguel Perez, Jr. used to appear in ECW I believe, and/or was one of The Los Conquistadores in WWF. So.. that's him I guess..

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Is this the show where Primo & Epico were scheduled to defend the WWE tag titles before they lost them?

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Is this the show where Primo & Epico were scheduled to defend the WWE tag titles before they lost them?

In fact, yes, Carlos was in talks with Vince to make Primo and Epico defend their titles against a tag team from WWE. But talks didn't prosper and Carlos had other plans with Primo and Epico, I hope those plans are to do what they did at "La Revolución" last weekend, to put over another local tag-team.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Now, I don't have any hope that the US wrestlers will put anyone over in this show... WWC has announced two new names for their shows... Shelton Benjamin and Velvet Sky (now I know who will they pit Melina against...) Shelton, Morrison and Davey... probably will be pitted in a three way against each other knowing how booking sucks here.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
TBF, those are some pretty awesome matches. But yeah, does no good for the locals.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
TBF, those are some pretty awesome matches. But yeah, does no good for the locals.

I have no problem with those matches... It's just like the debate in Wrestlemania. Taker gets a Main Event even when he doesn't fight all year long. In PR that's what happens. Carlito, Ray Gonzalez wrestlers that come here every now and then... and guys like Morrison, Benjamin, Davey who are one timers get the Main Events relegating the guys who busts their asses all year long to the back row.

For me those guys that have a name should be pitted against guys like Gilbert, Carlitos, Xix Xavant, among others who are working day in and day out for WWC.

But meh, that's the reason Wrestling in PR went down real down... in 2001-2006 in every major show in Puerto Rico you could see 5,000 people. Now if you get to 500 is a miracle.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
This is a random thought, but I wonder how good wrestling in Haiti would fair? Or Jamaica either?

And as an extension on that, I wonder what'd happen if a PR company toured the Caribbean in its entirety?

Kushikimi

Reaction score
This is a random thought, but I wonder how good wrestling in Haiti would fair? Or Jamaica either?

And as an extension on that, I wonder what'd happen if a PR company toured the Caribbean in its entirety?

That final thought was a thing Carlos Colon and Victor Jovica explored during last year's summer with WWC. They toured on Trinidad and Tobago, Martinica and Virgin Islands getting sold out shows. For me that's enough proof that if they have a good product that gets incomes here, they could tour around the Caribbean and get more people to watch them.

Right now there's an Indy company named IGWA that has a working relationship with a TV station that can be seen around the Caribbean, so maybe they could tour around the zone. Also there's a new project taking place on the west side of Puerto Rico named NWA Caribbean, so that could be another possibility.

Still if none of them offer a good product, that could lead to nothing.