• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WS Movie Log Discussion Thread

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
How was Black Phone ?
Just got finished watching it and found it to be incredibly engrossing. Very unnerving in parts. Ethan Hawke is awesome as you'd expect, and it's cool to see him play the antagonist role here. I'm used to him playing the good guy in horror movies, like Sinister and what have you. He really nailed the creep factor. Storyline was plenty interesting with lots of great twists & turns. For sure recommend it. I could see this being my favourite horror movie this year, I'm not sure if anything else will come close to it.

Marty McFourth

I appreciated Mother more after watching the analysis videos on it, but I also had no idea what I watched either. I remember liking aspects of it and acting from Jennifer Lawrence was superb, but it's certainly not for everybody. Very weird movie.

As for what I've been watching, I watched Ambulance the other day which I think was a step above most Michael Bay movies. I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's got his usual flair you've come to expect from him as a director, but it was a very engaging movie with a solid storyline to it. Definitely gave me vibes of GTA, and as far as Heist type movies go it's one of the better ones I've watched lately. Fast paced, exciting, just a good time overall. It's hard to get a bad movie when you've got Jake Gyllenhaal in a leading role too, he certainly helped with my enjoyment.

Prey was fucking awesome. I was just smiling from ear to ear when I was finished with that movie. You could just tell the effort/care that went in to that movie and making it a good instalment in the Predator franchise, and they went above and beyond. This will be getting many rewatches out of me down the line, that's for sure. Felt like a certified classic already.

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Prey was really good. Wanted to go more in depth but honestly, it's one of the easiest movies to recommend...ever? I want to give it a few months, watch all three and try the Comanche cut, which sounds awesome.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
I appreciated Mother more after watching the analysis videos on it, but I also had no idea what I watched either. I remember liking aspects of it and acting from Jennifer Lawrence was superb, but it's certainly not for everybody. Very weird movie.

As for what I've been watching, I watched Ambulance the other day which I think was a step above most Michael Bay movies. I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's got his usual flair you've come to expect from him as a director, but it was a very engaging movie with a solid storyline to it. Definitely gave me vibes of GTA, and as far as Heist type movies go it's one of the better ones I've watched lately. Fast paced, exciting, just a good time overall. It's hard to get a bad movie when you've got Jake Gyllenhaal in a leading role too, he certainly helped with my enjoyment.

Prey was fucking awesome. I was just smiling from ear to ear when I was finished with that movie. You could just tell the effort/care that went in to that movie and making it a good instalment in the Predator franchise, and they went above and beyond. This will be getting many rewatches out of me down the line, that's for sure. Felt like a certified classic already.
I still think Bay's best movies are the first Transformers and 13 Hours. Pain and Gain was solid too.

Marty McFourth

Everything Everywhere All at Once is one of the most wild movies I've ever watched. Genuinely can't see anything else topping this for the remainder of 2022, it was just on another level. What an absolute trip. Acting was so excellent across the board, especially Michelle Yeoh who is just sensational in the leading role. Feel like it's been a while since I was this truly captivated by a movie and so immersed by it. I was sad when it was over. This will be getting many rewatches out of me and I'm going to enjoy watching various analysis YouTube channels covering it. Believe the hype and see this one, you won't regret it. I feel like I sat on it for far, far too long, but I'm glad I finally got around to it.

Marty McFourth

MV5BZjgwNDA3MmUtMTQ3Yy00ZDFmLTgwMTktNTBlMTQ3ZTI5MjYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1MTE1NDMx._V1_.jpg

Saw this in cinemas today, it was well worth the wait. It was pretty close to being on par with the first movie. I was impressed at how effortlessly Isabelle Fuhrman slotted back in to a role / character she hasn't played since 2009. They really captured what made the first movie so great. Loved the atmosphere, and storyline was very fun. I'm definitely in the mood to watch Orphan again now after seeing this. Felt good to see a horror movie on the bigger screen again, I haven't done that for a while now.

Marty McFourth

Heat is absolute class. One of my all-time favourite Val Kilmer performances too, always loved how he reloads. Shootout scene feels so realistic, and that heist scene was super tense the first time I watched it. Pacino and De Niro in movies together always going to pop me as well.

Marty McFourth

71clteCITiL._SL1500_.jpg

Just finished watching The Assistant starring Julia Garner, what an incredible movie. Honestly forgot I was watching people act because the performances felt so genuine and real. I found it to be really stressful at parts, and like you really feel like you're in the shoes of the main character just getting overwhelmed with everything and it also makes you angry at the way some of the other characters act towards her, Garner does an amazing job getting these emotions across on the screen, I first really came to be familiar with her because of Ozark and she always feels so natural in her roles

Marty McFourth

il_fullxfull.2576852884_iamn.jpg

Got to be a decade at least since I watched this movie the whole way through. Eastwood is on top form as per usual with his stoic performance, and I love the cast of characters and all the different personalities in this movie. I'm a huge fan of movies that take place entirely in a prison, especially ones where characters are trying to break out and this does an amazing job at that with an enjoyable pace. As soon as the break-out plan starts, it never eases up with the tension. So many close calls where you think they're about to be caught or their plan is about to be foiled by the guards. Such a nail biter, holds up super well after so long too

Marty McFourth

13fc4d89813233.5e01aa97e9d45.png

For sure been sleeping on this movie for far too long now. Ended up watching it on a whim tonight because it was one of the roles I hadn't seen from Chadwick Boseman before he sadly passed, I really enjoyed his performance here a lot. Movie was pretty damn exciting overall, very tightly paced. I never felt bored or like scenes were there just to fill time, everything flowed super well. Keeps your attention and has enough intrigue about it as well. Story you've likely seen before in different variations if you've watched similar action movies, but they do it well. Especially loved the Heist scene and shootout early on, I'm a sucker for anything like that. Sound was awesome, you feel like you're in the thick of the action as it's happening. Reminded me a lot of Heat in that sense, I was always impressed by how real everything felt