WS Fantasy Basketball: Year 5 HYPE THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

shutupchico

Reaction score
NBA 2K14 Features Crew Mode - 3-on-3 or 5-on-5 - Operation Sports

Leaving me with a few questions though. Is it half court? Can we not use NBA teams?

"crews" as it's now called looks like shit man, just a copy of blacktop from nba 2k13. they slapped the name crews on it to sell copies. no jerseys, no arenas, no commentery, no refs, probably no fouls, some bs man. i think they're saving the real version for next gen which i'll have to get if that's the case.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I mean the clip they showed is 3v3, but yeah if it's blacktop 2.0 I'm not buying 2k14.

Why don't they just copy/paste crew from 2k11 and get rid of the hackers/some of the cheese? That's what everyone wants.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Idk the catch to me is it says crew is coming back to current gen but that doesn't exactly mean it won't be on next gen since it can't "comeback to next gen" when it would be the first time.

Edit: nvm about that I see they do say it is only current gen.

Last edited:

shutupchico

Reaction score
I mean the clip they showed is 3v3, but yeah if it's blacktop 2.0 I'm not buying 2k14.

Why don't they just copy/paste crew from 2k11 and get rid of the hackers/some of the cheese? That's what everyone wants.

i think they wanna give us a shit version of crew on current gen, but we'll buy it cause it says crew. then they'll come with the whole 9 yards on next gen, and the unsatisfied ppl on ps3 will move up. so basically, they want our money for both games... that's just my theory. i bet you they won't give us any next gen details till current gen is released.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They're saying there is more news to come and such so I'm a just stay a bit optimistic about it. I got last years game that didn't have crew at all so I'm def going to get this years game that at least seems to have crew back to a point. I did notice they have fatigue bars so that's a small plus that you can't just swipe at the ball without any consequences and turbo all day.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
KSpade64 I guess is a dude who like works with the game who has input and he seems amendment about the fact that it'll be 4 qrt play where defense will matter (so no more just steal button mashing). If that is the case then I can live without the jerseys and arena.

Last edited:

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I can live without jerseys and an arena but I cannot live without being able to use NBA teams.

shutupchico

Reaction score
yea spade will help make it passable hopefully. not crew as we know and love, but passable. and ga, i hope that u wanting regular teams doesn't mean you're not planning on creating a guy, and getting him to 99.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I hope they make it so you can't get a 99. That's Jordan territory.mim sorry but no my player deserves a higher overall than Bird, Magic, MJ, Kobe, Shaq. He should have caps by position with the legends setting the ceiling

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I hope they make it so you can't get a 99. That's Jordan territory.mim sorry but no my player deserves a higher overall than Bird, Magic, MJ, Kobe, Shaq. He should have caps by position with the legends setting the ceiling
How can you not put Lebron in that given that man's skill set and being the undisputed best player in the league. I know you got Kobe bias big time but come on now.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm talking all time. Kobe's never got a 99. Hell Magic and Bord haven't. So why should a my player? Bron was given 99 which is fucking stupid

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I agree about the myplayer thing but not about Lebron not being worth being a 99. His skill set is too wide for him not to be.