WS Fantasy Basketball 2013-14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Notorious

Reaction score
Low risk, high reward addition for me in Carl Landry. He's coming off injury so he's still a little rusty but once he gets back into rhythm but hopefully he can became a 12/6 on 50+% shooting guy like he's been in recent years.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Week 14 Recap
Playoff picture:
Run N Gun (1) vs JOB SQUAD (8)
downtown chuckers (4) vs Better Than you (5)
PSYCH (3) vs OLADIPO + The BIG 3 (6)
Drummond (2) vs MAMBA¯\_(ツ)_/¯LESS (7)
------------------------------------------------
Top stories of the week
GA Retires as commish:
After it being thought that it could have maybe been a joke he really went through with it and ended his tenor as commissioner of the WS fantasy league. Like him or not he actually did a great job being in charge of the league bringing a lot to the table to make it the best league possible. Hopefully I (the new commissioner) can keep it going strong.

Notorious breaks WS all time regular season win streak at 11:
Notorious quietly broke the WS record of consecutive wins in a row previously held by Seb's Jobbingest Jobbers squad that was held at 10. On paper his team hasn't looked like the best team in the league but all season has been playing as such. He has a chance this week to beat one of the 2 teams that has defeated him this season in SAL. In week 14 he destroyed the other team that beat him earlier in the year in IYF 11-1.

Too little too late for Stax:
Good news is Stax has a fairly healthy team now and has back to back weeks of wins. Bad news is this is happening in week 13 and 14 and there only being 6 weeks left in the regular fantasy season. He would need the miracles of all miracles to somehow sneak his way into the playoff picture. You can only stash injured players for so long before it cost you. Based on these last few weeks though he could maybe at least finish the season in respectable fashion.

Aid gets the upset on Brandon:
Was just a handful of weeks ago where Brandon's team stomped Aid's 12-1 but the tables turned this past week where Aid pulled off the upset getting a 9-4 victory. Of course Brandon missing Boogie and Lawson had a pretty good part as to why this happened but this was a upset none the less and the FTM margin in this matchup was quite eye opening.

The strong get stronger Chico/KIF trade:
KIF who was on his way to being a feel good story has been on a slide ever since CP3 went down who is currently on a 5 week losing streak. He must have felt pressure to try and make a deal that would turn things around but the deal that was made at least for the time being hurts more than it helps. One glaring part of that trade is trading for Danny Granger who has looked like a total shell of himself since returning from injury and also trading away the guy he got for Chris Paul in the dynamic fantasy option Nicholas Batum and trading away a guy who can carry a fantasy team's 3 point categories in Wes Matthews. Time will tell if this move was the right move or not but as it stands now only thing that happened was the chuckers already strong squad got even more of a boost on its quest to return back to the finals.

-------------------------
Best & Worst moves of the week:
Best:

chico picks up Danny Green
chico picks up Tim Hardaway jr
Showtime picks up Jordan Hill while Pau is injured.
Worst:
KIF's trade
chico and notorious attempts at Orlando Magic streams for the 1 game day.
-----------------------------
Predictions:
GA: 10 KIF: 3

Showtime: 8 IYF: 5
Notorious: 9 SAL: 4
PSYCH: 7 Aid: 6
Stax: 3 chico: 9
Brandon: 6 Ben: 7

SAL

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of losing. Who wants Kobe?

Showtime

Reaction score
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was going to put in a claim on steve blake last night so I could get my games from today but then I passed out. remembered now and fucking psych already got it. FUCK PSYCH, slow ass smurf probably just found the news today too.

Oh well, hopefully he comes back with a reduced role due to us tanking and the MARSHALL hype which is what I was worried about.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah with Marshall playing so well I don't think you were gonna get the same Steve Blake you had before the injury anyways. Not to mention Nash is coming back too (even though he'll probably get injured again)

shutupchico

Reaction score
stax team actually isn't bad on paper. now that he's healthy he could put up a fight, expecting a win though.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
You know you guys want to root for me to squeak in to the playoffs! I'm only 20 games out with 6 weeks to go, should be the best story of the season!

Now this is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
And the Wolf who keeps it may prosper,
But the Wolf who breaks it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The Law runneths forward and back,
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf,
And the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

Awoooooooo...

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Fucking grandpa Nash returns and Meeks gets hurt

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That would have been a great pick up about 5 years ago.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
This smurf needs to retire or get hurt before 10 games played

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's pretty harsh on the get hurt part.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Harsh but true. Hes doing nothing but fuckign the team, been the story of his whole laker career. They got him his coach, dealt their picks, and he hasn't lived up to his end which is another reason Kobe ran into the fucking ground last year as he had to do his pg jobs just to win games. He should have the decency to retire like Kidd did, but if he doesn't, we need him to get hurt as Dantoni won't deactivate him. If he doesn't play 10 games, the team can be eligible for medical retirement which allows him to get all his money, and the team to not have him on their cap as his deal at least is 100% insurance covered

Last edited: