Wrestling 'virgins'....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

I would show him Wrestlemania 21. The more I watch it, the more I am convinced it was the best Mania ever.

That PPV had it all;

Batista vs HHH, which was one of the hottest storylines in wrestling history. The crowd wanted Batista to rip HHH to shreds.

The rise of John Cena

Hogan beating up a terrorist

Orton vs Taker which happens to be the most underrated match in WM history. People actually thought Orton would win and if you say you didn't you are lying.

Angle vs Michaels: a definite 5 star wrestling classic.

Eddie vs Rey: Two five star matches on one card? Unheard of

The First ever MITB Ladder match: Three five star matches? Holy shit.
other than text in BOLD, its the worst wrestlemania ever.

and fyi, the more i started to realize that batista's gonna beat triple h before mania, the more i was pissed off.

CenaMark54

and fyi, the more i started to realize that batista's gonna beat triple h before mania, the more i was pissed off.

Wrestlemania 21..."the worst wrestlemania ever" ???

You can not be serious. Even if you didn't like it at all, I don't know how you can objectively call it the worst. There have been some really piss poor mania's.

Wrestlemania 7: You must like 3 minutes matches, because there were about 15 of em.

Wrestlemania 9: You must be a fan of Doink, Giant Gonzalaz, Crush, the headshrinkers, and 15 second main events.

Wrestlemania 11: LT in a main event

In conclusion, The early to mid ninties sucked.

Wrestling Station

no, WM22 was worse..

and fyi, WM21 is the best WM ever in my books.. So many build ups and hypes. Awesome storylines that were built for several several months..

Batista beating the shit out of Triple H was the best thing happend that night.

the dark knight

Wrestlemania 21..."the worst wrestlemania ever" ???

You can not be serious. Even if you didn't like it at all, I don't know how you can objectively call it the worst. There have been some really piss poor mania's.

Wrestlemania 7: You must like 3 minutes matches, because there were about 15 of em.

Wrestlemania 9: You must be a fan of Doink, Giant Gonzalaz, Crush, the headshrinkers, and 15 second main events.

Wrestlemania 11: LT in a main event

In conclusion, The early to mid ninties sucked.
LOL i knew you'd say that. before i go on, i wanted to say "worst wrestlemania i've watched LIVE" but for some reason i wanted to bug you with the comment :p.

but seriously, "rise of john cena" alone is worse than all those 3 WMs combined. if it wasn't for hbk vs angle i wouldnt have watched. i rate PPVs how I personally feel after they're over. and that WM pissed me off like no other PPV i can remember watching.

ill say this again, i swear i was SHOCKED when cena won the title. i thought JBL wasn't really a good idea back then and the his ridiculous title reign was worse. but cena??? i thought he was gonna lose the title in like a month after it and guess what happened? christy was the one who posed for playboy that year too i think. and that also was severely disappointing. i think she's too ugly and dumb for playboy. at least maria's ass can get you a boner...

and again, batista over triple h.........oh god.......

just read what i quoted without bold and you'll know why i was bothered.

PS: rey vs eddie sucked. i hate rey and all his matches....

no, WM22 was worse..

and fyi, WM21 is the best WM ever in my books.. So many build ups and hypes. Awesome storylines that were built for several several months..

Batista beating the shit out of Triple H was the best thing happend that night.
see? this exactly what im talking about. people like/dislike PPVs based on what they see.

WS loves batista so he'll probably LOVE whatever PPV he gets a title in. same with cenamark and cena...

and to me, WM 21's highlight was this:

two of the most over rated, boring, no good, gay, cant wrestle for shit, cant act for half a shit, bad looking superstars in history actually won a world title.

Markz

Reaction score
Start with something charismatic, something with a hot crowd and of course a good match. Then show him a TLC, then Angle Vs HBK WM21. Once he is hooked show him something classic, i'd sugest HBK Vs Hart WM12 (Iron Man)

CenaMark54

LOL i knew you'd say that. before i go on, i wanted to say "worst wrestlemania i've watched LIVE" but for some reason i wanted to bug you with the comment :p.

but seriously, "rise of john cena" alone is worse than all those 3 WMs combined. if it wasn't for hbk vs angle i wouldnt have watched. i rate PPVs how I personally feel after they're over. and that WM pissed me off like no other PPV i can remember watching.

ill say this again, i swear i was SHOCKED when cena won the title. i thought JBL wasn't really a good idea back then and the his ridiculous title reign was worse. but cena??? i thought he was gonna lose the title in like a month after it and guess what happened? christy was the one who posed for playboy that year too i think. and that also was severely disappointing. i think she's too ugly and dumb for playboy. at least maria's ass can get you a boner...

and again, batista over triple h.........oh god.......

just read what i quoted without bold and you'll know why i was bothered.

PS: rey vs eddie sucked. i hate rey and all his matches....

see? this exactly what im talking about. people like/dislike PPVs based on what they see.

WS loves batista so he'll probably LOVE whatever PPV he gets a title in. same with cenamark and cena...
and to me, WM 21's highlight was this:

two of the most over rated, boring, no good, gay, cant wrestle for shit, cant act for half a shit, bad looking superstars in history actually won a world title.

Thats not exactly true. I want to see the right person at the right time win the title or just win in general. If Cena wins this year, I will be pissed. HHH should take the belt. I know I am about to be pissed because there is no reason for Cena to be in this match besides winning the belt back. They aren't going to rush Cena back to have him job out at Mania.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Once he is hooked show him something classic, i'd sugest HBK Vs Hart WM12 (Iron Man)

I would avoid this one like the plague.

Don't get me wrong its a great match but even to a lot of casual fans its boring as hell aside for the last 5-10 minutes.

the dark knight

Thats not exactly true. I want to see the right person at the right time win the title or just win in general. If Cena wins this year, I will be pissed. HHH should take the belt. I know I am about to be pissed because there is no reason for Cena to be in this match besides winning the belt back. They aren't going to rush Cena back to have him job out at Mania.
taking you as a smart fan, i understand. and i agree. but the thing is, its never the right time to give cena a world title run.

Montana

Call me crazy, but i'd show him monday night raw, for just introducing a new fan to raw. No sense showing him old shows with wrestlers who don't wrestle anymore. It would show him the current talent and storylines. The Show generally leads to the ppv, which would mean if he likes it, he'd want to see whats going to happen the next week. Well, thats my logic.

Ripper

Reaction score
I would say Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker from No Way Out 2006. It was a very exciting wrestling match, had someone with an over the top gimmick, as well as a controversial ending.

That ppv would be good too, as it has Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio. Two men fighting with an over the top storyline, and while it is good, it is not something that is a rarity, and it certainly won't turn people away from wrestling.

Evil Austin

Kurt / Undertaker
HHH / Undertaker
Hogan / Undertaker (91)
Vince / Shane
Kane / Undertaker (Mania first one)
and a few others but those were good for a first timmers

Montana

Ill throw in my two cents on the subject

WM 21 featured the best undercard of any mania, but perhaps the worst main events/title matches of any mania. I agree with most of what Cena Mark stated, but the upper card was weak.

22 was better imo. People remember mania for its main events.

23 had some of the best main events and worst undercard.

WM 7 was awesome when i was younger. It did feature one of the better matches in mania history in Macho vs Warrior. Awesome match there. Also featured the greatest roster of talent on any mania. The show featured a theme and built up to the main event. This is one of the better mania, even though there was a lot of matches, it was still fun.

WM 9 . Bad matches, but this was also a fun mania. People always say this one was the worst, but its not as bad as everyone thought it was. imo.

WM 11...probably the worst imo. couple good matches, thats about it.

As for what Show to show them. I'd go with ROH because its more like UFC, witha strong style. BUT i think Monday night raw is always good too. Show them the storyline aspect of it. Some people just don't like wrestling. Why force them to do something they dont like. Wrestling videos games is agood way too.

xtremebadass

If you are introducing Wrestling to your friend for the first time, I'd just get him associated with the current big names, my brother is all hung up on old guys and that's all he talks about, if I was a new fan, he would practically be saying the current stuff is garbage, and that's not the attitude you want to have trying to turn a kid into a wrestling fan. If anything, show him WrestleMania XXIV, it's most current, but not even that.

one man dynasty

Reaction score
I think that instead of a PPV you should show a collection of matches. The first thing you'll want to do is shock the shit out of the person to grab their attention. That being said if I had to suggest four matches for you to show him it would be these:

Mankind/Undertaker Hell in a Cell
TLC 2
Kurt Angle/Shane McMahon Street Fight
Edge/Foley Street Fight

From there if you've managed to grab their attention you can move on to other matches like Angle/Micheals from WM 21 etc.

That would be a good starting list

Foley losing his tooth should grab their attention :lol:

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Show him ECW One Night Stand 2006. The card had some excellent matches (Sabu/Mysterio, Foley Edge Lita/Funk Dreamer Beulah, Cena/RVD) and not to mention the crowd will probably have him laughing his ass off half the time.

The two ECW ONSs are the only PPV dvds I own. John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam is CLASSIC! And it's no where near a a great match. There was just so much emotion and passion involved that it took that match to a higher level.

Show them that match.

And this still might be too extreme for you (then again maybe not) but the first ever tag team ladder match :Edge & Christian vs. he Hardy Boys is my favorite match of all time. Once I showed that match to my gf, she became a wrestling fan.