Wrestling Pet Peeves

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I was thinking on this some more, and I have another pet peeve of mine...

The IWC

Just as people go ape shit for The Rock, they do the same with ANY indy talent. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with this since I love the indy talent that comes up to the big leagues. However, they treat the indy guys like they are the second coming and shit on anyone who wasn't a mainstay on the indy scene for years. This becomes pretty annoying to see on a daily basis, and I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there comes a time when you can't mark out for a guy just because he is from ROH, PWG, CZW, or any other indy promotion. Hating Cena, Orton, Sheamus, or Ryback for the sake of hating them because they did not work in high school gyms for years and years is hardly fair, as they have had to work hard in their own way to make it.

Reaction score
Nick Patrick/Other WCW refs counts

This is something you may not notice, but once you begin seeing it, you won't be able to unsee it again. For whatever reason, WCW refs had a different style for counting. They'd count one, two and at 2 1/2, they'd tap on the shoulder of the wrestler being pinned to remind them to kick out. The only time they wouldn't do this is if it was the actual finish. So this little method of officiating spoils nearfalls. Guys like Patrick continued this style into the WWE, but it seems like it's finally done. I know Charles Robinson was doing it for awhile, but he seems to have stopped. Every time I see it, it ruins the enjoyment of the match .01% for me.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
After last night, I'd like to reiterate my current pet peeve......

I think my pet peeve right now would be the over-reaction to any imaginary slight by The Rock. I know I'm a big fan, and I've made clear I think the build for WM has suffered with him being unavailable whilst champ, but that being said at times it just looks like people are actively looking for an excuse to diss the guy. The "not mentioning WWE on Leno" or whatever talk show it was recently being my current favourite.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Under trained indy wrestlers performing dangerous spots. Utterly surprised somebody hasn't dies / snapped a neck yet. Sadly, it will happen one day.

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
Pet peeves right now? There's a ref in WWE who actually has been doing a lot of the big matches I've seen. The way he does the pinfall annoys me. When any other ref goes for the pinfall, specifically big moments in the match that either end up being the nearfall or the big win, they do a full windup/rotation for the "1,2,3". This guy, i think its Scott Armstrong, cocks back his elbow and pauses. For me, it disrupts the flow of the match. I'm more focused on him making the damn count instead of if the guy will kick out. Takes too long damn it.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Under trained indy wrestlers performing dangerous spots. Utterly surprised somebody hasn't dies / snapped a neck yet. Sadly, it will happen one day.

Sadly, it's understandable why they do it. Do a spot people remember = instant notority and recognition.

FalconPunch

Reaction score
Sadly, it's understandable why they do it. Do a spot people remember = instant notority and recognition.

From who, 20 people on a message board? WWE only care about what you look like, and how you can connect with the people. Everything else will work itself out.

Reaction score
From who, 20 people on a message board? WWE only care about what you look like, and how you can connect with the people. Everything else will work itself out.

Of course it'd help you get signed by the WWE. Getting noticed by the fans is step one in creating a hype around you that will eventually get back to someone behind the scenes in the WWE. Of course, you're going to need to be able to do more than just hit one sweet looking spot, but that hype can help you get your foot in the door.

Not to mention the more hype you create for yourself on the indy circuit, the more indy companies will want to book you. The more places you work, the greater the chance the WWE will notice you.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Cena's whole 5 Moves of Doom bullshit.

I'm actually quite a fan of Cena and he can obviously wrestle and doesn't only have 5 moves. Of course he has the series of moves to get back into a match or to finish a match but most wrestlers do.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Lately, I've been seeing the word "buried" passed around like a two dollar whore on quarter night. Apparently if a talent loses one or more matches, people tend to think they are being "buried," but lack the ability to look at the bigger picture and see that a potential pay off is in store down the road.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Lately, I've been seeing the word "buried" passed around like a two dollar whore on quarter night. Apparently if a talent loses one or more matches, people tend to think they are being "buried," but lack the ability to look at the bigger picture and see that a potential pay off is in store down the road.

The problem with the potential bigger picture is that a lot of us have been burned before.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
The problem with the potential bigger picture is that a lot of us have been burned before.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

I totally get that, and I've been heated quite a few times by the way the E does things, but I still try to give it a chance. I've read some ridiculous fan opinions lately, especially on a couple of Facebook fan pages. One guy saying that they buried Ambrose at SS, another saying that unless Bryan rivaled Punk's title reign, he would consider him buried. Sure, I wasn't happy with what they did to Bryan, but he did prove that he is a top level star by beating both of the current champions clean. It's one thing to lose every now and then, but a lot of people act as if he is getting the Ryder treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
See, your mistake there is reading Facebook comments :lol:

Re: The Bryan push.

Despite his drop from main event to mid card, someone pointed out in a column (can't remember where) that despite the "burial", WWE have gone out of their way to avoid having Bryan take clean losses. His last clean loss was Extreme Rules when Hell No dropped the tag straps.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
See, your mistake there is reading Facebook comments :lol:

Re: The Bryan push.

Despite his drop from main event to mid card, someone pointed out in a column (can't remember where) that despite the "burial", WWE have gone out of their way to avoid having Bryan take clean losses. His last clean loss was Extreme Rules when Hell No dropped the tag straps.

Lol, yeah, I'll admit that Facebook is a great source for boiling my blood when it comes to opinions and over exaggerated bullshit. I never realized how long it has been since a clean loss. I think from now on I'll cite that if anyone throws the burial concept out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk