Wrestling Pet Peeves

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
We all have them, so let's air them out...

The Viper

Reaction score
When heels don't call fans ethnic slurs....

:lol: No, no, um, I'm not sure actually. I'd have to think about this one.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
When heels have to apologize. As heels it's their job to cross the line and garner heat. People need to stop being babies.

The Viper

Reaction score
When heels have to apologize. As heels it's their job to cross the line and garner heat. People need to stop being babies.

That's a damn good one.

Especially have their boss call them out on Twitter in front of everyone. Pretty much ripping their balls off in public, demanding an apology.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That's a damn good one.

Especially have their boss call them out on Twitter in front of everyone. Pretty much ripping their balls off in public, demanding an apology.
When their entire angle is about defying authority it looks weak to bow down to your boss on Twitter and apologize for being a dick.

The Viper

Reaction score
When their entire angle is about defying authority it looks weak to bow down to your boss on Twitter and apologize for being a dick.

Exactly. Unfortunately, "kayfabe" has been dead for a while and the fan wasn't even offended at all. They had a little Twitter convo afterwards for a second but he didn't need to apologize. Unless the fan kept bitching, then maybe, but he was cool about it.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
That's a huge pet peeve of mine, I hate the apology BS. Lately I have been fumed by the repetitive matches. I don't wanna watch the same shit two or three times on back to back shows with the same results and zero build.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Exactly. Unfortunately, "kayfabe" has been dead for a while and the fan wasn't even offended at all. They had a little Twitter convo afterwards for a second but he didn't need to apologize. Unless the fan kept bitching, then maybe, but he was cool about it.
At least the fan was cool. I remember when Bully would ensue riots in ECW with his "vulgar" behavior.

The Viper

Reaction score
At least the fan was cool. I remember when Bully would ensue riots in ECW with his "vulgar" behavior.

Oh yeah. I didn't watch ECW in '97 but I remember seeing on YouTube a while back, I think at Heatwave, he said that famous line about that mother teaching her daughter how to suck dick. Incredible what they used to do then. It was still pretty taboo at the time, but still. Crazy.

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Is it just me or does every wrestler either grow a beard or shave it off when they switch alignments?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Lately I have been fumed by the repetitive matches.
I feel the same way but I'm a little more specific....I cannot stand Kofi/Dolph matches. Even though they have good chemistry I've just seen way too many of them to care at this point.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I think my pet peeve right now would be the over-reaction to any imaginary slight by The Rock. I know I'm a big fan, and I've made clear I think the build for WM has suffered with him being unavailable whilst champ, but that being said at times it just looks like people are actively looking for an excuse to diss the guy. The "not mentioning WWE on Leno" or whatever talk show it was recently being my current favourite.

The other would be the usual apathy to every name change that happens to an Indy darling when they go to NXT. People still seem to have this crazy delusion that the talent will have the same name and same gimmick when they get called up to the main roster that they had on the independents.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
People still seem to have this crazy delusion that the talent will have the same name and same gimmick when they get called up to the main roster that they had on the independents.
People also seem to think that the talent won't be as good if they change their name, which is ludicrous.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
People also seem to think that the talent won't be as good if they change their name, which is ludicrous.

It's great that these guys already have this dedicated fan base, but give these things a chance instead of calling failure the moment something changes.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
It's great that these guys already have this dedicated fan base, but give these things a chance instead of calling failure the moment something changes.
Talent is always going to find a way to rise to the top too, regardless of things like name changes. It's just very shortsighted of people to complain about things as minor as those.