Wrestlers wary of Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet

- Dave Meltzer stated Tuesday on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE has Ryback continuously facing independent wrestlers at televised events because their contracted talent are wary of wrestling him. Additional details were not disclosed.

Contracted talents are wary of wrestling him? What in the actual fuck?! I hope Ryback faces someone in WWE and destroys them. It's bullshit that they are wary, I see no faults in Ryback at all.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He does look stiff as hell, so this is pretty believable.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Stiff or not, Ryback to me looks like he's a good wrestler. Goldberg was probably stiff and nobody complained, Brock Lesnar is stiff as fuck and wrestlers would still face him. There are many stiff wrestlers around, people shouldn't complain about if they're a stiff worker or not.

It will devalue Ryback's future if many are wary.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well the guys don't have the Finlay, Holly, and so on types on the roster anymore. It's sad but the roster isn't full of vets who deal with that style.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The problem with using Goldberg and Lesnar as examples is the time frame in which they were around. Guys didn't have a problem with stiff workers then. Like said above, there's no Finlay, no Bob Holly, nobody who wants to be stiffed. Especially guys who are gonna get jobbed out in the first place.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I mean the ones who will take being stiff are

- Kane
- Taker
- Bryan
- Punk
- HHH
- Cena
- Rey
- Christian
- Show
- Henry
- Sheamus

Not exactly who you throw a young guy in with before he becomes credible and honestly most aren't full time or are injured

Orton would click after a certain point unless the guy stiffing him was a legend he respected, as we have seen when we he gets out in feuds with youth and raw guys like Kennedy and Kofi when they fuck up.

Come to think of I don't even remember Dolph being stiffed in recent years, and as far as Swagger goes the closest thing was Riley who was lucky Swagger didn't break his fucking neck for sandbagging him

We are in a more mat wrestling and flying era of roster. Guys don't even chop one another now hard. Hell the hardest most get hit is when Sheamus hangs on the rope for the 10 blows. Hell it's part of the reason Booker and Cole put over the Primetime Players, saying we don't see smashmouth style no more from young guys, as they all want to be pretty (Bookers words)

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm not really taking this seriously for the fact of I think this was the plan not cause of him being stiff but cause they want him too look like a beast with throwing small guys around like rag dolls. I think as time goes on he'll face non locals but for now with the size of the locals he is facing it makes sense for how they want to make him look.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They need to give him 3 jobbers next week. Then when Raw 1000 comes they need to bring every jobber he has ever faced out there at once to fight him n a handicap match while he destroys them all. Then let him pile all the bodies up and yell feed me more, only for a real superstar to want a piece

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Report is brief and vague, just how I like 'em. But I'll admit, this is at least believable. Skip may still be a bit too green to be doing the explosive offensive he's doing.

Ryback has really warmed on me for some reason and dare I say I'm becoming a fan, but he does look stiff. Still, I'll wait for a report with perhaps some more details and clarification before I go striking Ryback.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't really believe this. So they were happy working with him a year or two ago when he was Skip Sheffield but now that he is Ryback they don't want to work with him? I think it is more that they don't want to face him because they know that he is going to beat them in convincing fashion rather than him being stiff.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He gave Ricky Steamboat a month in hospital with a brain aneurism, I can totally believe people are scared.

Reaction score
Looking at the stunts that he has preformed on the no-bodys, I would shit myself if I had to face him too. I don't believe the report though. If it were true, then surely the company wouldn't have Ryback squashing local competitors for the rest of his career.

Also, I wouldn't have him face Zeke in a rivalry. A match, yes, but I honestly think that he should feud with Sandow. They are both bright, and their characters are complete opposites essentially. Sandow is an intellectual savoir, Ryback is a no-talk asskicker. Rivalry would be awesome

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Looks like Meltzer is just tyring to give this guy a Vader/Road Warrior type reputation.

Doubt there is any validity in the story, seeing how tight WWE works these days since they went HD.