Wrestlers wary of Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's a shame they've jobbed Big Zeke out so badly, if he was on some sort of month or two long winning streak, the two of them could have a somewhat interesting little program. Two big dudes on winning streaks finally meeting their matches.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Big man vs big man matches are usually shit though, dude.

With all the small guys on the roster they could at least give him a 'big name' to toss around and look impressive in doing so. Rey and Ziggler are great at selling, Ryback throwing them around like a ragdoll could be gold.

I would mark for someone like Goldberg or Batista to come back on the 1k Raw and fuck Ryback up though.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't care about the match quality because Ryberg blows anyway.

The whole point of the mini-feud would to actually to give Ryback someone of credible size and dominance over the past month or so, not some shitty Spike Dudley's who do absolutely nothing for him at all.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Zeke is horrible, he'd rather be a bodybuilder than a wrestler it seems anyhow, but even with them jobbing him (and they should be), I still think he'd be a good opponent for Ryback, so Ryback could really show some dominance.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Ezekiel was fine as a powerful heel / bodyguard role, but seen as they made him speak, then turned him face he was ruined.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think the problem with the Ryback character is that the squash style power house guy is more 80s/90s and is now out of date. Also now WWE have so many people on their books and so many titles then it is hard for someone that green even with a killer push to sudderly stand out. He is not ready to feud with someone like Cody.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Some old concepts still work, by the sounds of the crowds recently, it looks like this random jobber smasher is getting over by just being an ass kicker.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Yes but WWE are hopeing that he will be the next Goldberg and I don't see that happening.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
We've obviously been watching different Smackdowns, I only heard the "Feed me more!" chants 2 weeks ago, getting louder last week. As for a feud with Rhodes, they could avoid TV singles matches, have them work house shows to develop together, culminating in a PPV match which Rhodes would win due to some heel shennanigans

I am always wary of the crowd response on Smackdown's because it is taped and they do edit in crowd noises later. Based on RAW's and PPV's that I have seen with him the crowd chants feed me more at the end and that it is. When he comes out to the ring there is nothing and during the match nothing.

It reminds me of The Miz when he debuted as the host of Smackdown he had a catchphrase "Hoorah" that he would say all the time. The crowd didn't care for him but when he said that they said it along with him. It didn't mean they cared for the character it just meant they liked the catchphrase.

SAL

Reaction score
^ Yes but WWE are hopeing that he will be the next Goldberg and I don't see that happening.

It depends on how long they keep using Ryback as a novelty character. It looks like they're going to keep him out of the Money in the Bank match, which is sad, because that would be a sight to see. Look at how they handled Broadus Clay. The squashes went on a little too long, yes, but recently they finally gave him a mountain to climb, and it's going to get him more over than 100 wins over Curt Hawkins. If the bookers decide to take Ryback out of his own universe and mix him in with the other guys that matter, maybe he'll get over. I don't see Ryback succeeding where Broadus will, I think Ryback's best bet is as a heel.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
You may have a point, but part of the reason why Goldberg got so over was because of fresh that sort of thing was at the time and the way WCW pushed it everything down to them keeping track of what number he was on.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Don't discount the effect of a hot crowd either, back in the day when it was rowdy drunks making tons of noise it comes off well on TV, not saying fans are sheep or whatever but if you see people enjoying a match it makes it seem more appealing.

Nowadays its a mostly kid audience and they just sit on their hands silent. If Ryback was doing the exact same thing he is now, but in 1998 then he'd be a massive star already I have no doubt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ I totally agree, nowadays fans just arn't educated enough and just come for a night out rather than because they actually want to support the product or take an interest in the guys and girls.