Wrestler Rating Series #4 - Kane

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How would you rate Kane as an overall wrestler on a scale 1-10?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 6.7%

Votes: 3 20.0%

Votes: 5 33.3%

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Corporate Kane is best for the mayoring bussines
:hhhooh:

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Kane before the mask came off, 10/10.
Kane after the mask came off, 6/10.

Ring presence, attire, entrance theme, finisher, all my favorites ever.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
5/10. Very hit or miss, inconsistency is a pet peeve of mine. Would like to give him higher but the amount of snooze fests he has put on is unforgivable. Then again, there were some years where he was one of the workhorses of the WWE in terms of number of matches performed so he had more chances to put on snooze fests. I don't think I would rate a match I saw him in higher than 4 stars.

Embrace the hate was good at the start. WHC Kane on Smackdown who tried to kill Undertaker was ... interesting. Team Hell No Kane was great. Corporate Kane was good.

Maybe I am being too harsh on him. He has had a long career and performs his role well as a monster. I guess I just expect better in ring performances from monsters because of what The Wyatt Family gave us.

Reactions: Geese

Redboy123@

Reaction score
5/10. Very hit or miss, inconsistency is a pet peeve of mine. Would like to give him higher but the amount of snooze fests he has put on is unforgivable. Then again, there were some years where he was one of the workhorses of the WWE in terms of number of matches performed so he had more chances to put on snooze fests. I don't think I would rate a match I saw him in higher than 4 stars.

Embrace the hate was good at the start. WHC Kane on Smackdown who tried to kill Undertaker was ... interesting. Team Hell No Kane was great. Corporate Kane was good.

Maybe I am being too harsh on him. He has had a long career and performs his role well as a monster. I guess I just expect better in ring performances from monsters because of what The Wyatt Family gave us.
If you don't like inconsistency then I dread what you are going to rate Mr inconsistent himself triple h. Probably like a 3 or a 4

• Haha
Reactions: bullyballmm

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif
?

• Haha
Reactions: Solid Snake

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
^There is a difference. Orton has the talent but sometimes just does not give a shit and phones it in. Kane's bad matches are because he either doesn't have the talent or can't work well with his opponent

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Lol aren’t you an Orton fan?
Yea. So what?

You really need to read before you post. You completely miss the mark everytime.

I dont rate wrestlers based on consistency. That ain't me. Never said it was a big priority for me.

Unlike base who believes it's abig deal. Fair enough.

I would really appreciate if you took the time to read the thread before you actually post. I think everyone would be happier

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
For the record I actually stopped watching wrestling completely the
first time Kane took his mask off...& I didn't come back till 2016...so
I missed a lot of stuff...

Like his first unmasked rampage, the Lita Impregnation angle (Jesus),
the re-masking, Team Hell No & even Corporate Kane...

fad8ad85d7290dbcd125308b6575398926e0aa1c970cc3d1fbbf044e7d23b998.jpg

but despite all of that...Glen Jacobs will always be one of...if not
my all time favorite male wrestler/performer.

And even though I heard it was utter cringe at the time...I would
have watched RAW for Corporate Kane back in the day.

:thumbsup:

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Corporate Kane was cringe initially. Once the tension between Kane and Rollins was established and his eventual face turn it became good.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yea. So what?

You really need to read before you post. You completely miss the mark everytime.

I dont rate wrestlers based on consistency. That ain't me. Never said it was a big priority for me.

Unlike base who believes it's abig deal. Fair enough.

I would really appreciate if you took the time to read the thread before you actually post. I think everyone would be happier
That’s why no one is agreeing with you and liking your post, but to each their own. :)

Redboy123@

Reaction score
That’s why no one is agreeing with you and liking your post, but to each their own. :emoji_slight_smile:
What I'm saying isn't opinion based. Its facts lol. Do not need people on here to agree with me when I'm saying the truth.

• Haha
Reactions: edge4ever

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Kane has been a dependable, mid-card performer. When the WWE called upon him to play fake Diesel and Isaac Yankem DDS, Glenn Jacobs would do it with No questions asked. It's admirable Kane has been with the company since 1995, 24 years is a lifetime by WWE standards. But I wonder, would he have had the longevity with the company if it wasn't for the fact his right-wing political views are aligned with his boss?

There are long, forgettable gaps in his career and there aren't a lot of Kane matches out there where I would say, "Wow, what an unbelievable Kane match! I gotta watch it again." In recent times, the only storyline I liked him in was when he teamed up with Daniel Bryan to form Team Hell No. Most of his memorable work occurred during the Attitude era. Given his longevity, but having far too many forgettable gaps in his career, I'll give him a 6/10.

Last edited: