Wrestlemania main event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I want:

Edge vs Orton / Jericho

I think we will get

Edge vs. Jericho vs. Big Show

straight_edge76

Honestly Punk/Edge would be the epitome of awesome Mania Main events. But honestly, I see any possibility of Jericho,Punk,Taker,Orton or Sheamus as his Mania match, we all have to take into consideration that he was the one to win the Royal Rumble match. I am one who doesn't want to see any sort of multi-man Mania match (but Punk/Jericho/Edge would be the ultimate Mania match imo)

Jericho isn't likely to win the WHC/WWE title but how likely was Edge coming back and winning the RR? So never say never especially in the WWE.

Punk who is imo the most deserving of a big time Mania match is a good choice also, but working in the WHC/WWE title would be a factor; but being that he is likely to be in the EC match for the WHC he could by all means win.

Undertaker is another possible opponent, but being that it seems as if the WWE wants to get Edge over as a face having him face The Undertaker would be the ultimate act of booking suicide. The fans love Taker, especially at Mania, besides Edge has already faced Taker at Wrestlemania (and imo had a terrible match) I have a feeling that he is going to drop the Strap before Mania anyway. His best Wrestlemania matches are always imo not for a title, but merely to add to the streak (HBK,Orton, the 1st Kane match etc.)

Sheamus, Please. Sheamus is hardly considered a credible champion and honestly I do not know if he will even be champion come Mania tbh. He hasn't done anything to warrent any credibility imo and Edge winning would do nothing but hurt Sheamus' monster push imo.

That leaves Randy Orton. Orton/Edge I think could have a good match, but with the way the WWE (either purposely or inadvertantly) had made Orton look like a face at RR and Edge, with his face turn could cause a clashing fan reaction. But of the people I have mentioned he is the strongest candidate for a title match with Edge.

edgehead09

Reaction score
This is what I think should happen for Wrestlemania

Main Event
WHC match - Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker
This match is set up at the EC PPV. Shawn Michaels comes to SD! and pleads with Edge to get a match at the EC PPV for the title shot. Edge agrees after HBK brings up Edge needing to prove himself against the greatest. He also says that HBK could beat Bret and knowing that Edge wants to be the greatest Canadian wrestler, than Edge needs to beat Shawn. Shawn goes over Edge at EC with the help of Y2J. Shawn cuts a promo the next night saying that he "sold his soul to the devil in order to face the devil"

Edge vs. Chris Jericho
Set-up happens at EC. Jericho cheats Edge out of his chance at the main event of Wrestlemania.

WWE Championship - Sheamus vs. Triple H
Sheamus wins the EC title after lastly defeating HHH. Controversy happens and there is a need for a rematch.

Randy Orton vs. Legacy
Orton is the face. Set up is basically there. Ted turns on Orton and joins with Rhodes

Airfixx

I want:

Edge vs Orton / Jericho

I think we will get

Edge vs. Jericho vs. Big Show

Big Show is a Raw guy though..... (Isn't he?)

If taker ISN'T carrying that title into Mania then we need a properly-heel tastic champ because not only are they gonna have to survice an EC they're also gonna have to beat Taker in a rematch pre-WM.

Call me crazy, but bearing in mind the in-built cheating-potential of his 'faction' (compared to the lone wolves that are Jericho or Batista), CM PUNK is the obvious choice to me... In which case I'll stick my neck out and say we're gonna get Edge v CM Punk (WHC).

noumenon

That is IF we don't see them pick up the tag titles next week it's a very strong possibility.

Airfixx

Didn't know about the tag title match. Sadly, I can't muster the enthusiasm to watch WWE TV anymore.

Would be unlikely, indeed, for Punk to carry tag AND WHC gold into WM, but I can't see DX splitting over the tag belts so there's no immediate urgency for them to drop them (Maybe use it as the icing on the cake nearer WM if DX begin a proper fued, but....).

Still... Whoever it is it's defo gonna take heeling of EPIC proportions to beat Taker TWICE in a title environment this close to a WM.

SnackZ

Reaction score
I see Edge vs. Jericho at Mania, I just don't see how the E can pass this up. My card looks like this:

Edge vs. Jericho (c) (HBK Superkicks Taker and Jericho falls on top for the win, HBK stands on the top of the ramp after match and Taker gives throat slice to HBK)
Orton (c) vs. Rhodes vs. Dibiase
HBK vs. Taker II (Street Fight/No DQ)
Cena w/ Bret in his corner vs. Batista w/ Vince in his corner (Cena wins, throws Vince in the ring and Bret hits the Sharpshooter)
HHH vs. CM Punk
MVP vs. the Miz (c)
MITB (Sheamus, Kofi, Morrison, McIntyre, Evan Bourne, Swagger, Ziggler, Show)
Diva Unification match

Nation

This is how it's going down.

Shawn Michaels will win the elimination chamber at NWO to become the #1 contender. He will face Taker at WM and beat Taker. Yes beat Taker.

Cena will lose the elimination chamber and team up with Bret at Mania against Vince and Batista. Bret locks in the sharpshooter and Vince taps.

Triple H will win the WWE championship and turn heel. He will face Edge at Mania and Edge will win the title.

Orton will face DiBiase after DiBiase eliminates Orton in the EC causing Orton to completely turn on him and/or Orton will punt Rhodes and DiBiase seeks retribution.

Personally I hope it will be a triple threat between Legacy but I doubt that's going to happen. I also want to see Taker/Cena and HBK/HHH but those matches won't happen either.

johnausten36@gmail.com

A hit, 100% sure. Something historical is going to happen at Wrestlemania. It's either the showstopper, the heartbreak kid retiring or 17-1.

College Term Papers