• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wrestlemania main event

Evil Austin

There are many posibilities currently floating about for the main event of Wrestlemania 26. I have heard quite a number of different oppinions ranging from.

Edge V Undertaker (c)
Edge V Jericho (c) - after winning it from Taker at EC
Edge V Rey (c) - return match at EC
Edge V Jericho V Undertaker (c)
Edge V Jericho V Undertaker (c) V Rey
Edge V Rey V Jericho

heck even on another board there was a discussion going on about how Edge may transfer over to Raw to face Sheamus.

Edge V Sheamus (c)
Edge V Orton (c) - EC win from him
Edge V Sheamus (c) V Orton

There are tons of ways the E' can go about this however how do you think it will go down?

The Leviathan

Undertaker shouldn't be on a Triple Threat Match at Wrestlemania since his having his streak in my opinion and to be honest it is way better to see Taker defend his streak without a title on the line.

LKP

^^^ We all are but i got a feeling its at the chamber event i got that gut feeling its edge vs Orton or sheamus.

The Rated R CMStar

There's no way they could pull of a Triple Threat. Usually when they book Triple Threats, they actually have some kind of logic or reason behind them, and unless something big happens at EC, no feud will turn into a 3way.

Orton seems to be feuding with Legacy at Mania, so unless they stretch the break up even more, I don't see Orton as champion.

Jericho winning the championship at EC would be awesome, but smarkdom aside, we gotta realize the shots of that happening are practically none.

I really don't see what will happen. It really depends on what they do with Orton/Cena/Undertaker, as those are the three Edge's opponent at Mania will come from imo.

Great One

Jeri-motherfucking-co. If not him, then Punk. Fuck the rest.

It'll be Jericho. That is almost set in ink, just like Bret/Vince. I think it will be Jericho's reward for being the consummate pro he is and putting everyone and their mother over the past two months. Huge payday and the possibility of having the second best match on the card (sorry, HBK has had the best match on every Wrestlemania for the last seven years) and going in as the champ would make Jericho have no problem laying down for whomever he was asked.

This is going to be one sweet WrestleMania, the possible card looks really good:
Jericho/Edge
Bret/Vince
Sheamus/HHH-I see the DX split coming after WM, with HBK's frustrations of not beating Taker
HBK/Taker- people can hate but it's not going to change the fact that it will still be a great match
Rey/Punk-RUMORED hair vs. mask match
MITB
and toss in a few time fillers and you have easily the best PPV of the year.

noumenon

I'm guessing either Jericho or Punk. I'm kind of pulling for Punk though TBH since I really think is heel work over the past year warrants a serious reward and a nice place on the Mania card this year.
For some reason I get the vibe we may see Jericho/Edge boil down to a one off feud at EC. Though I wouldn't protest Jericho picking up the title and going into Mania to face Edge in the least bit.

Rated RJC

Jericho winning the championship at EC would be awesome, but smarkdom aside, we gotta realize the shots of that happening are practically none.

Losing multiple times to R-Truth in the past few weeks doesn't help but how can they not capitalize on this and make it Edge versus Jericho and give Jericho the strap in the next few weeks?

Chris Jericho is one of those special guys who after a week on strong performances can make you forget his prior booking so I see a future title reign in the next few weeks not that far out of reach.

Edge versus Chris Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship (or WWE Championship if they want another shocking Elimination Chamber PPV) is the only way for them to go, imo.

Beer

Edge/Jericho is the obvious choice for EPIC MATCH~! at Wrestlemania, but I seriously can't see it happening. I think Edge will take on Sheamus or Batista who beats Taker at NWO.

Taker/Edge won't happen again, imo.

xtremebadass

I miss the days of when Raw didn't have a Feb. PPV so it was about 2 solid months of build up to a match at Mania. You knew what the match would be a couple weeks after the Rumble if not the night after.

However this uncertainty is cool, but between EC and WM there isn't that much time. If Jericho wins the title at EC and loses it at Mania that is a bogus ass reign. They would do that just so Edge could be champ at Mania. That is like last year with Edge and Cena's title reigns, very sloppy booking.

Nation

Fuck facing Sheamus or Taker. If Edge fought Sheamus it would be the worst WM main event in history. Sheamus isn't even a credible champ yet. I will be happy with Edge facing Jericho, Orton, or Punk. But right now it sounds like Orton has other plans.

LKP

Orton is the guy im not sure about. Does he win the title and defend it at WM26. Or is legacy going to slow him down?