Wrestlemania main event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Who do guys think will main event wrestlemania this year?

I think it's safe to say it will be the Universal Champion Roman Reigns going up against a babyface challenger.

Here are some potential matchups that I was thinking:

Roman vs The Rock- this match makes a lot of sense as this new Roman character is about being the alpha male of the Anoie (I spelt that wrong but cba) family. This is unlikely at the rock is an inactive wrestler with a budy schedule.

Roman vs Bryan. Daniel Bryan is the ultimate babyface who is the perfect opponent for Roman. Bryan wants smackdown to be the land of opportunity and fair playground, so would want to topple the big bully Roman. I think this is unlikely because of the reports of this match happening at the rumble and Bryan is not at the stage of his career where he needs to be main eventing wrestlemania.

Roman vs Big E. I think this is a popular one as it will elevate Big E to the main event scene where many people believe he should be. This could make Big E a huge star but it does seem they have cooled on him considerably recently.

Roman vs Lesnar- this match on storyline alone is what makes this a viable option. Take into account the long history these two have had together as well as Heyman taking up the role as Reigns' advocate, this makes for a very interesting dynamic indeed. Problem is Lesnar is so unpredictable, I would not bank on it happening. I wouldn't mind seeing Lesnar just not give a fuck and be on Raw tbf

Roman vs Owens. Just like Daniel Bryan, Kevin Owen's is sort of the noble babyface who should be calling Roman out on his bull shit. Difference is, Owen's has alot of grey to his character and has no problem cheating himself. Unfortunately WWE have never really pushed babyface Owen's to the moon so I wouldn't bank on this either.

Roman vs Drew- this matchup felt huge at survivor series. Two of the best in the world at war. Unfortunately it did not have a decisive winner. Fortunately this sets up a even more interesting rematch. I know what you are think...Drew is on Raw and has his own title to defend. Miz cashes in on Drew and then Drew wins the Royal Rumble. Sorted.

What do you guys think? Do you have any other ideas that I have not mentioned

Reactions: Snowman1

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Want to happen- Rock vs Roman Reigns because this maybe on the same level of Hogan vs Rock and Cena vs Rock (No rematch involved) with two of the toughest athletes known to wwe today. Also it has deep family tree backstory.

Gonna happen: Big E vs Roman Reigns
I have a feeling that WWE is trying to turn Big E into a main eventer by probably having him win the royal rumble.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I want 1 of 2 matches for the main event.

1. Rock vs Roman. For obvious reasons, this would be bigger than Cena vs Rock I think. It would be awesome to see these 2 beat the shit out of each other in a “head of the table tribal chief match.” You don’t even need to tell too much story telling, it tells itself.

2. Drew vs Roman. Both titles on the line and winner take all. I know I know... what about about the Rumble? Maybe have Bryan win it... be just about to challenge Roman for the title, after they’ve fought a couple times by now and Roman attacks him, along with Jey and Jimmy... they attack him and injured him so badly, that Bryan can’t compete at mania.

Roman & Usos come out the following week, laughing and celebrating that not only is Bryan out, but now he has nobody that can touch him. He’s going to just watch wrestle mania from the back and chill while he watches up and coming talent compete. As Paul hey man and the USO’s are smiling are laughing, Drew’s music hits and he stands on the end of the ramp way with his title and a look of just distain, hate, and pure rage. He’s basically shaking in anger. He throws the title down and takes off his shirt and B lines for the ring.

Roman exits out the side while both USO’s go for a double clothesline. Drew ducks and hits off the ropes and nails a double claymore kick. They both roll out of the ring basically KOed.

Drew is nearly foaming at the mouth and grabs the mic “Roman!!!! Don’t think for one second that your sins have gone unnoticed. You want to take out your competition..... have you forgotten? I have always been your competition.... I have always been the one you feared. I have and always will be your biggest nightmare. You’re gonna be fighting at mania big boy... and you’re gonna be fighting the WWE champion!!”

Show cuts off the air.

Storyline tells itself. Drew has never forgotten Survivor Series, he won’t let Roman get away with murder, and champion vs champion to headline the Mania with both titles on the line.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I want 1 of 2 matches for the main event.

1. Rock vs Roman. For obvious reasons, this would be bigger than Cena vs Rock I think. It would be awesome to see these 2 beat the shit out of each other in a “head of the table tribal chief match.” You don’t even need to tell too much story telling, it tells itself.

2. Drew vs Roman. Both titles on the line and winner take all. I know I know... what about about the Rumble? Maybe have Bryan win it... be just about to challenge Roman for the title, after they’ve fought a couple times by now and Roman attacks him, along with Jey and Jimmy... they attack him and injured him so badly, that Bryan can’t compete at mania.

Roman & Usos come out the following week, laughing and celebrating that not only is Bryan out, but now he has nobody that can touch him. He’s going to just watch wrestle mania from the back and chill while he watches up and coming talent compete. As Paul hey man and the USO’s are smiling are laughing, Drew’s music hits and he stands on the end of the ramp way with his title and a look of just distain, hate, and pure rage. He’s basically shaking in anger. He throws the title down and takes off his shirt and B lines for the ring.

Roman exits out the side while both USO’s go for a double clothesline. Drew ducks and hits off the ropes and nails a double claymore kick. They both roll out of the ring basically KOed.

Drew is nearly foaming at the mouth and grabs the mic “Roman!!!! Don’t think for one second that your sins have gone unnoticed. You want to take out your competition..... have you forgotten? I have always been your competition.... I have always been the one you feared. I have and always will be your biggest nightmare. You’re gonna be fighting at mania big boy... and you’re gonna be fighting the WWE champion!!”

Show cuts off the air.

Storyline tells itself. Drew has never forgotten Survivor Series, he won’t let Roman get away with murder, and champion vs champion to headline the Mania with both titles on the line.
Dont you think the title vs title thing is unnecessary? Especially when you already have a get out of jail free card with Miz being the breifcase holder. Miz can cash in at TLC or on a episode of Raw and win the title. This frees up Drew to win the rumble and avenge his loss against Roman. I think that's a good story to tell. Drew hasn't forgotten and is coming for a war.

I just think having a royal rumble winner get kayfabed injured is the biggest waste and fuck you to the fans. Imagine buying royal rumble as a fan and one of the best matches of the year is later devalued and made redundant. I mean I can see a bit of logic if it's a heel that no one wants to see win like Corbin, but even still that's gonna cause outrage, let alone a ultimate babyface like Bryan getting screwed out of his well earned title shot. That's suicidal booking imo. You have a great match that people care about and can give a wrestler so much heat and you decide to just make it all redundant.

If you really want to do champion vs champion at wrestlemania then why not doing it in a way that doesn't shit on the rumble. Have drew or Roman win it. Roman winning it as the head of the table is actually a really good idea tbf.

But yeah pairing Drew and roman up together is a very good idea. Better then doing big e vs Roman. Big E needs a longer journey as a singles competitor imo.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Dont you think the title vs title thing is unnecessary? Especially when you already have a get out of jail free card with Miz being the breifcase holder. Miz can cash in at TLC or on a episode of Raw and win the title. This frees up Drew to win the rumble and avenge his loss against Roman. I think that's a good story to tell. Drew hasn't forgotten and is coming for a war.

I just think having a royal rumble winner get kayfabed injured is the biggest waste and fuck you to the fans. Imagine buying royal rumble as a fan and one of the best matches of the year is later devalued and made redundant. I mean I can see a bit of logic if it's a heel that no one wants to see win like Corbin, but even still that's gonna cause outrage, let alone a ultimate babyface like Bryan getting screwed out of his well earned title shot. That's suicidal booking imo. You have a great match that people care about and can give a wrestler so much heat and you decide to just make it all redundant.

If you really want to do champion vs champion at wrestlemania then why not doing it in a way that doesn't shit on the rumble. Have drew or Roman win it. Roman winning it as the head of the table is actually a really good idea tbf.

But yeah pairing Drew and roman up together is a very good idea. Better then doing big e vs Roman. Big E needs a longer journey as a singles competitor imo.
I mean prob. But, I’m trying to think diff. What would make Roman be even more hated than ever before. Well have him literally take out the competition. Destroy DB and then have Drew have no choice but to come to smack down and beat the shit out of Roman.

Roman could even keep interfering in number 1 contenders matches and hurting everyone. Make him draw massive heat. Have him attack stars at restaurants even, their homes, like get very brutal.

Then right as it looks like all hope is lost, Drew’s music hits. He begins an onslaught of nonstop brutal attacks on Roman and takes out the USO’s over a period of 2 weeks. It’s just Roman and Roman accepts fighting him for both titles at mania.

Have them destroy each other and have a repeat of their great match at Survivor Series, but this time no outside interference. Let Drew win it after like 3 claymores. DB can return and then use Royal Rumble shot against Drew for the Univeral Title with Roman still trying to get it back and then make a triple threat match between them all.

Is it needed to have both titles on the line? No, but I feel like having Roman and Drew fight at this capacity would feel bigger than ever. More personal, Roman would have massive insane heat, and Drew would like the ultimate hero.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I mean prob. But, I’m trying to think diff. What would make Roman be even more hated than ever before. Well have him literally take out the competition. Destroy DB and then have Drew have no choice but to come to smack down and beat the shit out of Roman.

Roman could even keep interfering in number 1 contenders matches and hurting everyone. Make him draw massive heat. Have him attack stars at restaurants even, their homes, like get very brutal.

Then right as it looks like all hope is lost, Drew’s music hits. He begins an onslaught of nonstop brutal attacks on Roman and takes out the USO’s over a period of 2 weeks. It’s just Roman and Roman accepts fighting him for both titles at mania.

Have them destroy each other and have a repeat of their great match at Survivor Series, but this time no outside interference. Let Drew win it after like 3 claymores. DB can return and then use Royal Rumble shot against Drew for the Univeral Title with Roman still trying to get it back and then make a triple threat match between them all.

Is it needed to have both titles on the line? No, but I feel like having Roman and Drew fight at this capacity would feel bigger than ever. More personal, Roman would have massive insane heat, and Drew would like the ultimate hero.
Yep I like the idea of Roman being on top of the mountain and demolishing anyone who comes close to him. Eg guys like Owens Otis Bryan Big E etc. Along with the Usos I think Roman could have a reign of terror which will create massive heat and will make the put over anyone who beat him.

I think the march is already huge that having both titles on the line would not really add much to it. I prefer the idea of a challenger rising up from the ashes of the wasteland created by Roman and beating him clean and decisive. So maybe it should be someone on Smackdown. Just getting the raw champion and cutting ahead in line ahead from anyone else could backfire massively. But I'm not against it.

Reactions: edge4ever

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I expect the Rock match to happen, but I'm hoping for Daniel Bryan, especially if he wins the Rumble. For the years of story and background with Roman finally able to cut some quality promos to tear this man down

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Didn't they set up Goldberg vs Roman a couple of months ago just to bump a rating. So that could happen in February/march before Mania

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Didn't they set up Goldberg vs Roman a couple of months ago just to bump a rating. So that could happen in February/march before Mania
No I don't think we're getting that. Roman lost his chance at Goldberg at WM 36. But I understood why he was afraid for his family due to what's going on in the world now.

But I'm pretty sure we want Bryan vs Reigns RR. I know I do, I want to see what type of story plays out.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
No I don't think we're getting that. Roman lost his chance at Goldberg at WM 36. But I understood why he was afraid for his family due to what's going on in the world now.

But I'm pretty sure we want Bryan vs Reigns. I know I do, I want to see what type of story plays out.
Wasn't it before clash of champions Goldberg watched strowman vs Reigns for the title setting up a future title fight?

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Wasn't it before clash of champions Goldberg watched strowman vs Reigns for the title setting up a future title fight?
Only feud I remember between these two is the match that never happen and Strowman had to take his place at WM.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Only feud I remember between these two is the match that never happen and Strowman had to take his place at WM.
On a episode in October Goldberg appeared on the thunder dome screens and watched Roman vs Strowman. So Roman vs Goldberg at the elimination chamber or a Saudi match

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
On a episode in October Goldberg appeared on the thunder dome screens and watched Roman vs Strowman. So Roman vs Goldberg at the elimination chamber or a Saudi match
After all this time digging and researching I found it out. It was him! Sorry man.

I look at the picture on this video I just wish it was in english.

At 2:57

Last edited: