Wrestlemania discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Once again, prior to the DX feud, people HATED The Rock. Sure, he had some momentum for his IC Title feud with Austin (but as you like to point out) he was getting a rub off of Austin more than anything else.

When Rock started doing his promo work and stealing the mic from Farooq, THEN he started to gain a little following, but he was still just floating about.

Do you know WHY he was stealing the mic from Faarooq? Because the people actually gave a shit about him. And even if Rock was "getting a rub" from Austin during his IC title feud, HE WASNT THE WORLD FUCKING CHAMPION!!! Why? Because he wasn't ready to be....

Then he held his own with DX in promos and ridiculous backstage segments... but was still being carried in the ring by Triple H... getting a HUGE RUB from one of the top names in the company. And then he goes on to the Corporation as Vince's lackey to (as Axis has been saying) do what he was told and play the part in the ongoing Austin vs. McMahon feud. Yes, he was getting over at this point, but he was still just playing his part in the company propelling from Austin's popularity... not DX, not The Rock... AUSTIN.

Miz is simply playing his part while the company continues to propel with John Cena, and Miz is growing into one of the top heels of the future of the WWE.

Do you know WHY he was stealing the mic from Faarooq? Because the people actually gave a shit about him. And even if Rock was "getting a rub" from Austin during his IC title feud, HE WASNT THE WORLD FUCKING CHAMPION!!! Why? Because he wasn't ready to be....

Miz isn't a top heel yet, you said it yourself. You don't build your brand around a guy who isn't there yet.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Nobody is building the brand around him... they're building him around the brand... huge difference.

Rock wasn't ready to be champion when he won it, far more deserving guys. Brock neither. Triple H. Rey. Chris Benoit. Angle. Eddie. None of these guys were the top face or heel when they were given the title. CM Punk. Jericho. Those are HUGE names who most you'd probably argue were great champions and deserved it... but just because they didn't deserve it more than someone else doesn't mean they didn't deserve it. Miz is easily a top 4 heel in the company right now... no reason he can't have the belt. Once again, if you prefer to have a decade-long feud between 2-3 guys surrounding the title, how on Earth would you ever build someone else into it? You prove these guys are ready by giving them a shot... let them run with it. It's what all the guys you say deserve to be champion did with their first, second, third, fourth, or even fifth run as champion.

trilogy

Reaction score
i think this whole discussison has turned away from the whole point of disscussing mania it self nto history

ahorrig

Reaction score
do you think punk and orton will have a stipulation match?

ahorrig

Reaction score

fuzzy

Reaction score
I still don't think the Taker/Triple H match is gonna happen, how can they just through those two in a match at WM when both have an unfinished storyline with other wrestlers?

MITB match is actually happening, since they already have a MITB ppv? it be nice if does happen.

I say if it's a straight one on one match with Edge and Del Rio, then Del Rio is gonna become the new Champ!

ahorrig

Reaction score
I still don't think the Taker/Triple H match is gonna happen, how can they just through those two in a match at WM when both have an unfinished storyline with other wrestlers?

MITB match is actually happening, since they already have a MITB ppv? it be nice if does happen.

I say if it's a straight one on one match with Edge and Del Rio, then Del Rio is gonna become the new Champ!

del rio becomng would change sd an make it dfferent, with a new champ, and new storylines.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
i think this whole discussison has turned away from the whole point of disscussing mania it self nto history
Rock/Cena/Miz are rumored to have a confrontation... two of them in a match for the WWE Championship, one of them hosting the show. They're all cutting promos on each other... yeah, I'd say we really turned away from discussing Mania alright...

Possible - I don't see how you don't put these guys in a stipulation match tbh. This is a feud that could escalate in the coming weeks, and with Punk's demeanor of late and Randy's streak of "brutal" matches at Mania, it would be fitting. I think it also really helps bring out the best in this match in regards to Orton.

It's happening... they'll explain that, I'm sure. Take Sheamus' burial as a signal that this entire situation is finished, btw. They'll probably have a match at the draft (wait, do they even still do that anymore?) before Sheamus gets sent to SmackDown.

del rio becomng would change sd an make it dfferent, with a new champ, and new storylines.
Sorry but, no shit!?

But why? what the storyline with Taker and Kane or Taker and the Nexus-Wade Barrett? what about Triple H and king Sheamus?
Taker and Kane is finished... they put Kane over... that storyline is "dead"... for now. Already rumors of them eventually teaming up later this year to compete with The Corre down the line. And obviously, Undertaker doesn't feel threatened by The Corre at the moment, you've got to remember, Triple H interrupted HIM and he almost wasn't willing to give him the match, so kayfabe-wise it's reasonable to think Taker had plans in mind to deal with The Corre, but Hunter dealt with that. And again, consider Sheamus' burial the reason we won't see that feud continue.

fudgenmustardfreak

Reaction score
Rock/Cena/Miz are rumored to have a confrontation... two of them in a match for the WWE Championship, one of them hosting the show. They're all cutting promos on each other... yeah, I'd say we really turned away from discussing Mania alright...

Possible - I don't see how you don't put these guys in a stipulation match tbh. This is a feud that could escalate in the coming weeks, and with Punk's demeanor of late and Randy's streak of "brutal" matches at Mania, it would be fitting. I think it also really helps bring out the best in this match in regards to Orton.

It's happening... they'll explain that, I'm sure. Take Sheamus' burial as a signal that this entire situation is finished, btw. They'll probably have a match at the draft (wait, do they even still do that anymore?) before Sheamus gets sent to SmackDown.

Sorry but, no shit!?

Taker and Kane is finished... they put Kane over... that storyline is "dead"... for now. Already rumors of them eventually teaming up later this year to compete with The Corre down the line. And obviously, Undertaker doesn't feel threatened by The Corre at the moment, you've got to remember, Triple H interrupted HIM and he almost wasn't willing to give him the match, so kayfabe-wise it's reasonable to think Taker had plans in mind to deal with The Corre, but Hunter dealt with that. And again, consider Sheamus' burial the reason we won't see that feud continue.

So, It's official that Triple H and The Undertaker are set for WrestleMania this April 1st. Does this mean Kane (left hanging since the unfinished bout with UT) is back to being a jobber, again?

Kane who?

meanwhile, Kevin Nash (aka 'Big Sexy' Diesel) just signed 5-year worth contract to WWE. I was 0.0 to see him at RR with the Diesel attire. That's a good start; A nostalgic WWF character on PGTV-BS. --wait, wasn't it that, before being Kane, Glenn Jacobs portrayed the fake Diesel as an insult to Nash moving to WCW? I remember Nash tweeted something about this in 2009:
@TheRealKevinNash Are you pissed at Glen Jacobs for taking Big Daddy Diesel to places you never could have? Fucker.

@IDNOTMENTIONED in a sweet mid card spot go fuck yourself and enjoy [Sarah] Palin's book cumsucker and god bless your family

...Please tell me if I'm just being pointless or am going somewhere here. latter-wise, I hope so.

ahorrig

Reaction score
i hope corre does something big, but i guess we will have wade or zeke vs show.

rey and cody. good match, but they are rehashing the whole mask storyline, which plain sucks.