WrestleMania 28 Does 1.3 Million Buys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
im know im late jumping in here but you dont have a statistical discussion without me. First of all, just let me explain and brek things down.

The average fan base for the WWE is around 5 million. Thats not to say i doesnt fluctuate up or down, but that's where the needle leveled out this month.

The WWE can usually expect 200-250k buys on any given PPV. Or in buyrate terms: .5 or .6

That means that WWE can expect at the very least, 1 out of every 20 fans to purchase a PPV.

However, WM is different. 1 million buys is equivalent to a 2.45 buyrate, or 1 out of every 5 WWE fans purchasing, which is what they did last year.

However, 1.9 million buys would break down into a 4.52 PPV buyrate, or 2 out of very 5 fans buying, which is 40% of the entire fanbase.

That number is rediculous and if anyone is actually beliving that crap, well iv'e got plenty of wolf tickets to sell you.

The number to look for would be anywhere from 800k to 1.2 million buys. With 800k being the very lowest.

There is one very major flaw with this arguement. You are only considering the US fan base of approximately 5 million (and I think it is more than that as well) you are completely ignoring the international WWE fan base. PPVs are available worldwide and I think that the normal percentage of international buys is 40% of the buyrate. The worldwide WWE fanbase would be well over 10 million and so the numbers you posted are incorrect

Chadillac

Reaction score
There is one very major flaw with this arguement. You are only considering the US fan base of approximately 5 million (and I think it is more than that as well) you are completely ignoring the international WWE fan base. PPVs are available worldwide and I think that the normal percentage of international buys is 40% of the buyrate. The worldwide WWE fanbase would be well over 10 million and so the numbers you posted are incorrect

Ok Troy, i did ignore the international fanbase, because i was focused soley on the WWE's domestic numbers. Which does scew the numbers. So for the sake of being fair, we will include the international numbers and say what is reasonable:

Domestic buys will not surpass 1 million.
International buys will not surpass 400k.

So, i will revise my analysis as to include international buys, and tell you the number still wont move much further. 1.4 million buys is MAX, 1 million in the very lowest.

Final buyrate will be between a 2.45 and 3.33

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I bought it, YAY! I contributed.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WrestleMania 28 Buys
F4Wonline.com is reporting that based on early word from cable companies, projected numbers for WrestleMania 28 buys is around 1.1 million buys. The report says the company lowered expectations on the day of the show from 1.3 million to 1 million.

I'm predicting about a 1.2 or 1.3. That's a shame though if it's at 1.1mil, not much improvement from WM27 that done 1,042,000 buys.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Regardless of what the number ends up being, i'm personally glad I ordered it and thoroughly enjoyed the whole PPV for the most part.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm just surprised Mania XIX did so low. I was expecting it to have done a lot better.

And this Mania probably has trumped all the others but Mania 29 could do better with the right main event. Brock/Rock. Has to be. But it also depends on Brock's performance at Extreme Rules. If it sucks then... kiss those buyrates goodbye.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Even More on WMania 28 Buys
As of this writing, it's looking like like WrestleMania 28 drew approximately 635,000-700,000 buys in the United States alone. This does not include PPV buys in Canada. Last year's show drew 679,000 'domestic' buys, however that includes US, Canada and Puerto Rico.

While projections are that WWE will break 1 million buys for the PPV, these are all first-week estimates. WWE is not expected to release the final numbers until the end of May.

Imo, still too early to say.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I will be very surprised if this isn't the most bought WWE PPV of all time. It had a ton of hype and it actually delivered. I bought it and I am very glad that I did, I also expect that there would have been quite a few replay buys after people heard how good everything was after the first hour.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
"BREAKING NEWS: Wrestlemania 28 sets all time PPV buys & one day global gross record. #TeamBringItWorldwide THANK YOU!" he wrote.

Johnson competed in the main event of WrestleMania XXVIII, defeating John Cena.
Will be interesting to see what it turns out as I wouldn't expect him to come out saying it broke records without actually having some proper sources unlike the ESPN guy.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
* WWE flashes a graphic touting WrestleMania 28's 1.3 million pay-per-view buys.

This apparently happens during RAW, so i'm guessing that's the actual number. May not have shattered the previous record but at least it has still beat it.

WWE announced that WrestleMania XXVIII, held April 1 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, set new records for pay-per-view buys and gross sales.

Preliminary estimates show that WrestleMania, featuring the historic “Once in a Lifetime” Match between The Rock and John Cena, garnered 1.3 million pay-per-view buys with global gross sales in excess of $67 million including the live event.

WrestleMania was seen around the world on pay-per-view in more than 105 countries and 20 languages.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/wrestlemania-ppv-record

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Great result to beat the previous record. Normally the prelim numbers are a little bit lower because they still need to add in all the extra replays. They had plenty of growth over last year so this year's WM has been a success. Now the challenge is on for WWE to beat this record next year with WM29.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
i believe 1.3 million would be more buys than any boxing or ufc card ever.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
i believe 1.3 million would be more buys than any boxing or ufc card ever.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Oscar De La Hoya did 2.4 Million Buys.
Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield II did 1.99 Million Buys
Mike Tyson vs. Lennox Lewis did 1.97 Million Buys
Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield I did 1.59 Million Buys
Mike Tyson vs. Peter McNeeley did 1.55 Million Buys

UFC 100 did 1.6 Million Buys