WrestleMania 28 Does 1.3 Million Buys

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pretty good payday for WWE.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Mean a good pay day for the superstars aswell.

Will be interesting to see if this year can break it

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Mean a good pay day for the superstars aswell.

Will be interesting to see if this year can break it
Not like in years past though as there was no battle royale or lumberjack match. The guys in the card and the tag match will be paid well, but a good portion of the men and divas ain't getting a check this year for the event itself. They will have to do with Axxess money

AF.

Reaction score
That's an awesome number. Pretty good show WM was.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Good buyrate and WWE would be more than happy with it. They also got ticket sales, merch sales, dvd revenue for when it's released soon and what not. WM was a good show and worthy of a dvd buy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not like in years past though as there was no battle royale or lumberjack match. The guys in the card and the tag match will be paid well, but a good portion of the men and divas ain't getting a check this year for the event itself. They will have to do with Axxess money

To be fair though pretty much everyone that deserved to be on the card got on the card. I can't think of too many that were regulars on RAW and Smackdown that missed out on the day. Also remember they had a 12 man tag in the middle of the show so a heap more guys got bigger pays because they made it onto the PPV. Plus six in the dark match rather than two like last year so this year compared to last a lot more are getting paydays.

Chadillac

Reaction score
My Brief Thoughts on WM 28 Buyrate

I'm sure this is a month to late on discussing this issue, but I must take time to add my thoughts on the "record breaking" number it's self and give a couple of brief statements on the breakdown of what is in the numbers. I know eyes are rolling right now with such a "broing" topic, so i will be accomodatig to you pure "entertainment" guys and keep it short.

1.3 million buys... that is the exact number I said to look for when speculation went wild on these boards when 1.9 million buys was thrown out there. I tried to calm those expectaions, atleast with the few people who cared to listen to my opinion.

800k to 1.2 million, was the original number I said to look for, Troy then advised me to look deeper into the international fan base, so I revised my final prediction to 1 to 1.4 million. Well, gosh... no surprise to find out it came in at 1.3.

However, what did surprise the hell out of me is how large the international share was. It's above 50%, which is phenominal. Sad domestic numbers though.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Chad i moved your thread which was not a review about the show but just about the buys into the Other WM Buys thread we have.

GGGuardian

Reaction score
On the one hand, yes, a new record is a definite win for WWE. However, I’m still not that impressed with the number because of what it means.

No, not that it means WWE still missed their incredibly overhyped hopeful number of 1.9 mil, but because it means that 1.3 million households got to see over an hour’s worth of filler, an 18-second squash (yes, I realize D-Bry’s more over than ever, but it’s still stupid), and alackluster match between two of WWE’s supposed biggest names (Rock/Cena). WWE had all these people, and they didn’t put on their best show of the year (so far). 1.3 million is still a dissapointment.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think you are being a bit harsh on the show, yes it had some weak moments but that was bound to happen when you have a four hour show and I think that the top three matches all delivered. I paid for it and I thought that it was a quality show and I have been impressed that WWE have already managed to top it this year with Extreme Rules.

Also with 1.9 million, WWE never predicted that number or even mentioned it, it was some ESPN employee that came up with that prediciton.