Wow RE: The WWE Title Match From Yesterday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
^^^The Rock was given a title before he was anywhere near his best, same with Kurt Angle, Triple H, Undertaker, Swagger, CM Punk and a few others I can't be pressed to think of.

Reaction score
There is no perfect wrestler, but there are guys who aren't still learning as they go, who are established and who can carry the company, Miz can't. And no, the order of the matches on the card means absolutely dick. In the history of the WWE, there are always matches that steal the show that are not in the main event. If CM Punk/John Cena opens a card and Miz and Orton close the show, guess what match gets the biggest response? Why? Because one match has two guys who are over like a motherfucker and have been for a while, and the other has one guy who's like that and another who is taking fucking ACTING LESSONS. Thank you, come again.

Punk isn't much more over than the Miz. And if he is it's because he's feuding with Cena, whom you claim is one of the people Miz sucks heat off of.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
There is no perfect wrestler, but there are guys who aren't still learning as they go, who are established and who can carry the company, Miz can't. And no, the order of the matches on the card means absolutely dick. In the history of the WWE, there are always matches that steal the show that are not in the main event. If CM Punk/John Cena opens a card and Miz and Orton close the show, guess what match gets the biggest response? Why? Because one match has two guys who are over like a motherfucker and have been for a while, and the other has one guy who's like that and another who is taking fucking ACTING LESSONS. Thank you, come again.

There is only one Superstar in the WWE who is no longer "learning as they go", "established" and "who can carry the company" and that's The Undertaker. Nod to Triple H, but he's out indefinitely at the moment.

Randy Orton is still going through changes left and right. John Cena is still changing AND taking acting classes. Jericho revamped his entire career with his speech and acting classes. Edge is still learning how to draw as a face. Kane had to go into a developed style of speech and poetry (whether he had it before or not, his character has NEVER been this developed). CM Punk is clearly still improving his own character (he still stutters at times and struggles through some lines... nothing major, but definitely a flaw you're not often going to find happening with Miz). Basically you're implying we retain this 3-4 year main event scene we've BEEN stuck with and try nothing new...

And yes, Rock had natural charisma and stardom... but Rock developed and improved for years and years after his first world title. When Rock was with the Corporation... he was a complete Jabroni compared to what he eventually became in his final 2-4 years with the company (when most people believed he was becoming stale, tbh). And while you may be correct that Miz is trying to be like the Rock (whether he ever gets there or not is beside the point), he's his own character well enough that you cannot directly say the guy is trying to be The Rock...

..btw, I suggest anyone questioning Miz's ability to draw heat to watch the video following up Raw the other night when he cut on Orton and Phoenix and drew non-stop, Vickie-esque heat for nearly 2-minutes before he could speak again (which was ultimately drown out by a resurgence of that heat).

Airfixx

Reaction score
There is no perfect wrestler, but there are guys who aren't still learning as they go, who are established and who can carry the company,

Who then? They only guy I can think of that can legitamately "carry" the company is Cena and guess what.... He's STILL improving.

Miz can't.

This has yet to be proven either way.

And no, the order of the matches on the card means absolutely dick. In the history of the WWE, there are always matches that steal the show that are not in the main event.

Yeah, but on how many of those occasions was the actual MEvent actually up there with said show stealing match.

Point I was making was that you had TWO damn good matches on one card... Put two so-called 4-star matches on (one at the begining, one at the end) and you don't think a warmed-up crowd would react to the latter one better?

Otherwise would be highly illogical and require more than simply your 'divine' say so to make such a claim credible... Sorry.

If CM Punk/John Cena opens a card and Miz and Orton close the show, guess what match gets the biggest response? Why? Because one match has two guys who are over like a motherfucker and have been for a while, and the other has one guy who's like that and another who is taking fucking ACTING LESSONS. Thank you, come again.

Apart from the Cena/Punk/Miz rub thing which Enzo already mentioned and the revelation that many other guys have taken acting classes to hone their mic skills too, by your theory of ONLY using the MOST over guys in the company in the world championship scene we'd have an eternal Taker/Cena fued (for example).

You are cracking me up by repeatedly insinuating that Jomo is more over than, or is in less need of improvement than, The Miz too... JoMo's had crickets for 'entrance music' on and off for much of the face run yet one succesful fued (i.e. Sheamus) and you have no concern about HIS imperfections or NEED to improve on the mic, nor accuse him of leaching heat off of Sheamus?

Your comments are so inconsistent, it's a joke...

You're probably the biggest proponent of the theory that 'if you don't like a heel, they are doing their job' I believe I've come accross on IWF.

Miz is working YOU, Kaedon.... Something that it appears your ego cannot handle.

Kaedon

Reaction score
There is only one Superstar in the WWE who is no longer "learning as they go", "established" and "who can carry the company" and that's The Undertaker. Nod to Triple H, but he's out indefinitely at the moment.

Randy Orton is still going through changes left and right. John Cena is still changing AND taking acting classes.
I would give you these, but both of them have main evented PPV after PPV and carried the company and countless stars on their collective backs already.

Edge is still learning how to draw as a face
Yeah because Edge never drew as a face when he worked against....Kurt Angle, The Hardyz, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Eddie Guerrero, Triple H and while working WITH, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit urr sorry "???", Christian, and oh yeah, Hulk Hogan. Yeah, when did Edge ever do anything memorable as a face....

Kane had to go into a developed style of speech and poetry (whether he had it before or not, his character has NEVER been this developed).
Yeah, it's called changing your character, after you've been around for a long time and done it all, worked with everyone, and help to make countless stars, you need to change it up a bit.

CM Punk is clearly still improving his own character (he still stutters at times and struggles through some lines... nothing major, but definitely a flaw you're not often going to find happening with Miz)

It happens with Miz and I don't bring it up because it's really irrelevant. Taker messed up in a huge promo with HBK live on Raw. Shit happens. Punk is not improving his character, he like Kane is modifying it. It's what the greatest in the business do.

And yes, Rock had natural charisma and stardom... but Rock developed and improved for years and years after his first world title. When Rock was with the Corporation... he was a complete Jabroni compared to what he eventually became in his final 2-4 years with the company (when most people believed he was becoming stale, tbh). And while you may be correct that Miz is trying to be like the Rock (whether he ever gets there or not is beside the point), he's his own character well enough that you cannot directly say the guy is trying to be The Rock...

Of course a guy is going to get better as he matures, that's the point of maturing, the but the Rock had "it" already. He was the most over character the WWE had outside of Austin and he was barely 4 years into his career. And why? Because he's a natural. Miz is not anywhere close to that, which is why he shouldn't get the title yet.

..btw, I suggest anyone questioning Miz's ability to draw heat to watch the video following up Raw the other night when he cut on Orton and Phoenix and drew non-stop, Vickie-esque heat for nearly 2-minutes before he could speak again (which was ultimately drown out by a resurgence of that heat).

So lets give Vickie the title then....

Kaedon

Reaction score
Who then? They only guy I can think of that can legitamately "carry" the company is Cena and guess what.... He's STILL improving.

Just because someone CAN get better doens't mean they need to. John Cena and Undertaker CAN get better, but they've also sold out arenas all over the world. Yeah, they totally need to get better...their characters are sooooooooo weak...

This has yet to be proven either way.
Yet another reason NOT to give miz the title. HES UNPROVEN!!

Yeah, but on how many of those occasions was the actual MEvent actually up there with said show stealing match.

Point I was making was that you had TWO damn good matches on one card... Put two so-called 4-star matches on (one at the begining, one at the end) and you don't think a warmed-up crowd would react to the latter one better?

Otherwise would be highly illogical and require more than simply your 'divine' say so to make such a claim credible... Sorry.

What about a crowd thats too gassed by the end to care? See HHH vs. Batista at WM, the crowd didn't do shit. The Miz/Morrison was the higher**** match but the main had more characters the people cared about, which is why it got a better reaction.

Apart from the Cena/Punk/Miz rub thing which Enzo already mentioned and the revelation that many other guys have taken acting classes to hone their mic skills too, by your theory of ONLY using the MOST over guys in the company in the world championship scene we'd have an eternal Taker/Cena fued (for example).

I never said under guys couldn't be in the picture, I just don't think they should be champion. If you want to show how great you are, work with the champ and see what you can do, or work with a top star and see what you can do. When Cena and Orton both previously worked with Miz, the crowd reaction was not that great. So you can either send him back to the midcard or let him develop some more in another feud with a top guy, but you don't just throw the title on him.

You are cracking me up by repeatedly insinuating that Jomo is more over than, or is in less need of improvement than, The Miz too... JoMo's had crickets for 'entrance music' on and off for much of the face run yet one succesful fued (i.e. Sheamus) and you have no concern about HIS imperfections or NEED to improve on the mic, nor accuse him of leaching heat off of Sheamus?

If Morrison was the WWE Champ I'd be just as pissed. Why? HE'S NOT READY EITHER. But he's not, so I'll bitch about Miz. Morrison is being brought up the right way, instead of getting shoved, he's taking his time. I see how you conveniently forgot I said the exact same thing about Gossamer urr Sheamus when he got the title as well as Thwagger. They weren't ready then and they aren't ready now, but they're getting there. But that's ok, I'll let you live in your delusion
Your comments are so inconsistent, it's a joke...
And Miz's cock is so far down your throat you can barely type.

You're probably the biggest proponent of the theory that 'if you don't like a heel, they are doing their job' I believe I've come accross on IWF.

Miz is working YOU, Kaedon.... Something that it appears your ego cannot handle.

That statement would hold water if I didn't say the exact same things I'm saying about Miz as I said about other undeserving, under prepared, and unworthy guys who recently got the strap. Miz doesn't annoy me, the fact that the WWE is telling me he's supposed to be "the best" in the company annoys me, because he's not even in the top 10.

Airfixx

Reaction score
(Just like it seemed everyone tires of you and this topic, alas, I've reached that point too....)

Not for the first time in this industry, a guy has been given the ball to see if he can run with it. Some fail, some don't and if he DOES fail then you get to have the last laugh..... Until then.... Get over it.

Even with your 80's-centric "must job for 10 years before getting any scraps" attitude I hope you can see the irony that one of the guys you cited as a one of only two guys that can carry the company actually won the WWF title in his second PPV 1-on-1 match... LOL Enjoy!

Oh, and btw, quote me saying anything that can sensibly be construed as Miz's cock being "so far down [my] throat can barely type" and I'll get straight on a plane and suck yours too... (Good luck luck with that, tho'... You'll need it.)

Done.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I would give you these, but both of them have main evented PPV after PPV and carried the company and countless stars on their collective backs already.
Yes, because they earned their first PPV main event and world title before they were developed and improved to the levels they're at now... they were given an opportunity and told to make something happen, which is obviously happening with The Miz right now.

Yeah because Edge never drew as a face when he worked against....Kurt Angle, The Hardyz, Chris Jericho, Randy Orton, Eddie Guerrero, Triple H and while working WITH, Rey Mysterio, Chris Benoit urr sorry "???", Christian, and oh yeah, Hulk Hogan. Yeah, when did Edge ever do anything memorable as a face....
When did I say Edge never did anything memorable as a face? Don't worry, I'll wait... I said Edge never DREW as a face... Edge & Christian drew as faces, going against the most hated tag team in WWE in the Dudley Boys at the time, which helped improve him vs. the Hardys (even though most fans drew to those TLC matches to see Jeff kill himself leaping from a ladder). Now take a look at the heels you mentioned... and tell me that there's a single heel on that list who wasn't one of the top heels in the company at that time... Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit are both iconic figures in wrestling... Benoit's in-ring work ethic was second to none... of course Edge gets a rub off of that. Edge & Christian are one of the greatest tag teams and Edge was still improving himself WITH Christian. Hulk Hogan though? If you're one to talk about getting a rub... Hulk Hogan is the face of professional wrestling... period! Hulk Hogan is the G.O.A.T. and it doesn't matter WHO the guy works with... if Hogan is on a card, it draws.

Yeah, it's called changing your character, after you've been around for a long time and done it all, worked with everyone, and help to make countless stars, you need to change it up a bit.
In no way has Kane's character changed... it's matured maybe... developed, definitely... changed? Absolutely not. Change would be Isaac Yankem, D.D.S. turning into Kane... not Kane becoming a more poetic Kane.

It happens with Miz and I don't bring it up because it's really irrelevant. Taker messed up in a huge promo with HBK live on Raw. Shit happens. Punk is not improving his character, he like Kane is modifying it. It's what the greatest in the business do.
It happens with everyone... Miz doesn't do it a lot, definitely no more than some of the more stable characters in the E right now. CM Punk IS improving his character - nobody looks at this CM Punk and thinks of the CM Punk from even a year ago. His character is far improved from even the SES idea.

Of course a guy is going to get better as he matures, that's the point of maturing, the but the Rock had "it" already. He was the most over character the WWE had outside of Austin and he was barely 4 years into his career. And why? Because he's a natural. Miz is not anywhere close to that, which is why he shouldn't get the title yet.
The Rock didn't have SHIT already, lmao. The Rock was being booed out of arenas as the IC champion, and then had to get a rub off of Farooq, the Hart Foundation, and DX. Then he made his way to the Corporation, and he was still a fucking bum who was only REALLY starting to develop his one-liners beyond bathroom stall jokes. Don't get me wrong, he obviously had SOMETHING in those days, but he was still trying to outdo Undertaker and the Ministry for quite a long time. BTW, if you're going to say Miz shouldn't have the title because he's not anywhere close to where the Rock was at the point of being 2nd to Austin... then we should just abolish both the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship because there isn't a single person in the WWE right now getting even 1/3rd the reaction The Rock got. Shit, Ken Shamrock used to get better reactions than Cena even gets some nights...

So lets give Vickie the title then....
Vickie gets more heat than anyone in the E right now, was my point... so for Miz to get that sort of reaction without John Cena pushing it on him by playing with the crowd, says a whole fucking lot about his character right now.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yes, because they earned their first PPV main event and world title before they were developed and improved to the levels they're at now... they were given an opportunity and told to make something happen, which is obviously happening with The Miz right now.
Yeah Miz is ready to sell out wrestlemania...

When did I say Edge never did anything memorable as a face? Don't worry, I'll wait... I said Edge never DREW as a face
The two are one in the same. If you do something MEMORABLE, people are going to come back and see you, therefore, you're DRAWING!

... Edge & Christian drew as faces, going against the most hated tag team in WWE in the Dudley Boys at the time, which helped improve him vs. the Hardys (even though most fans drew to those TLC matches to see Jeff kill himself leaping from a ladder). Now take a look at the heels you mentioned... and tell me that there's a single heel on that list who wasn't one of the top heels in the company at that time... Rey Mysterio and Chris Benoit are both iconic figures in wrestling... Benoit's in-ring work ethic was second to none... of course Edge gets a rub off of that. Edge & Christian are one of the greatest tag teams and Edge was still improving himself WITH Christian. Hulk Hogan though? If you're one to talk about getting a rub... Hulk Hogan is the face of professional wrestling... period! Hulk Hogan is the G.O.A.T. and it doesn't matter WHO the guy works with... if Hogan is on a card, it draws.
Thank you for making my point, you need to work with people who are great to see if you can hang for a bit. You don't just get hot for a few months and then just give the guy the title.

In no way has Kane's character changed... it's matured maybe... developed, definitely... changed? Absolutely not. Change would be Isaac Yankem, D.D.S. turning into Kane... not Kane becoming a more poetic Kane.
Way to split hairs.

It happens with everyone... Miz doesn't do it a lot, definitely no more than some of the more stable characters in the E right now. CM Punk IS improving his character - nobody looks at this CM Punk and thinks of the CM Punk from even a year ago. His character is far improved from even the SES idea.
Because of the hair? He has the same look, the same mic style, and has the same mannerisms in and out of the ring.

The Rock didn't have SHIT already, lmao. The Rock was being booed out of arenas as the IC champion, and then had to get a rub off of Farooq, the Hart Foundation, and DX. Then he made his way to the Corporation, and he was still a fucking bum who was only REALLY starting to develop his one-liners beyond bathroom stall jokes. Don't get me wrong, he obviously had SOMETHING in those days, but he was still trying to outdo Undertaker and the Ministry for quite a long time. BTW, if you're going to say Miz shouldn't have the title because he's not anywhere close to where the Rock was at the point of being 2nd to Austin... then we should just abolish both the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship because there isn't a single person in the WWE right now getting even 1/3rd the reaction The Rock got. Shit, Ken Shamrock used to get better reactions than Cena even gets some nights...

Yeah, Rock was leeching off Farrooq when he and Austin were stealing the show with him in the Nation. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Rock was a bum till he won that SS tournament. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Vickie gets more heat than anyone in the E right now, was my point... so for Miz to get that sort of reaction without John Cena pushing it on him by playing with the crowd, says a whole fucking lot about his character right now.

So if heat is what matters, why not give Vickie the title? It's not unprecedented. It would "piss everyone off" so she'd be doing her job as a heel right?

Airfixx said:
(Just like it seemed everyone tires of you and this topic, alas, I've reached that point too....)

Not for the first time in this industry, a guy has been given the ball to see if he can run with it. Some fail, some don't and if he DOES fail then you get to have the last laugh..... Until then.... Get over it.

Yeah, I should just shut up and say "yes WWE, everything you're doing is right." If this is your attitude, I don't ever want to hear you criticize the WWE ever again. Don't like how they use your favorite wrestler? "Get over it!"

Airfixx said:
Even with your 80's-centric "must job for 10 years before getting any scraps" attitude I hope you can see the irony that one of the guys you cited as a one of only two guys that can carry the company actually won the WWF title in his second PPV 1-on-1 match... LOL Enjoy!

Yeah except Taker had been wrestling for years before then, and had learned from veterans and knew what he was doing, nice try though.

Airfixx said:
Oh, anfvfdd btw, quote me safvdfvdfying anythfdvding that can sevdfvdfnsibly be convdfvdfstrued as Miz's cock being "so far down dfvdfv[my] throat cafdvdfvfdn barely type" and I'll gvfsdvdfvetvfd straight obfbvdfn a planvdfve and suck yours too... (Good luck luck with tfdvhat, tho'... You'll need it.)

Sorry, I can't make out what you're trying to say with Miz's cock so far down there...

Airfixx

Reaction score
Yeah, I should just shut up and say "yes WWE, everything you're doing is right." If this is your attitude, I don't ever want to hear you criticize the WWE ever again. Don't like how they use your favorite wrestler? "Get over it!"

No. You see I reserve that right, because unlike you in this case, I AM prepared to see how guys get on and how pushes unfold.

In previous replies you seem under the impresison that I've been over-zealously singing the praises of Miz... I haven't (In fact you'd be hard pressed to find me saying anything along the lines of "make Miz world champ" prior to the MITB angle.) I've just enjoyed his work of late (as I am his title reign thus far)

Yeah except Taker had been wrestling for years before then, and had learned from veterans and knew what he was doing, nice try though.

Yet he did not get another title reign until 6 years later and did very little worth remembering inbetween.... Says to me there was MASSIVE amount of room for improvement.... Point made. >>>>>>

Sorry, I can't make out what you're trying to say with Miz's cock so far down there...

Talking of cocks.... You're acting like one - why?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yeah Miz is ready to sell out wrestlemania...
No, not ready to sell out Mania, but if he were to face someone the likes of John Cena, Randy Orton, a returning Triple H, or even a face Chris Jericho, he wouldn't do horribly. As far as in-ring, has anyone even tried to consider the fact that perhaps ALMOST losing to Jerry Lawler (if you can even call that a low point) would help build his growth while holding the title if he starts defeating the really established people? It's an incredible way to build him and his championship actually, instead of having him thrust into a main-event scene with a Dave Batista or CM Punk where he has two months of a title reign which he ultimately loses and then gets his rematch the next 4 months in a row and doesn't win a single one of 'em (John Cena makes me laugh, especially how some of you let him get away with these stories, face of the company or not). But you're right, The Miz's name alone will not sell out WrestleMania this year... neither would Cena's though, and that's just being completely fucking real. Now if Cena were facing someone the crowd can tolerate (say a Randy Orton, or Triple H... they'd cream over the thought that there's someone the E would actually let defeat him).

The two are one in the same. If you do something MEMORABLE, people are going to come back and see you, therefore, you're DRAWING!
Actually, no. Sexual Chocolate was a pretty memorable thing... I've never wanted to have any of that repeated though. Hassan was pretty memorable... but I never wanted to go see that feud live, or even have it carry on for the length that it did. Legacy's initial impact was very memorable, and it never really amounted to shit for me... I don't wish to see the group reform.

Drawing is the ability to do memorable shit week-in and week-out. Drawing is being the highlight of a PPV (Kane at Rumble... Undertaker's streak... Shawn at WM... the Rock on the mic... Stone Cold in a brawl... Triple H trying to crush someone's face with a sledgehammer... John Cena pandering to the crowd to give their stomach a little tickle...).

Thank you for making my point, you need to work with people who are great to see if you can hang for a bit. You don't just get hot for a few months and then just give the guy the title.
Or maybe you just need to be booked to win relentlessly (see Bill Goldberg, WCW). And if I'm not mistaken, Miz actually has a win over DX to his credit... and on the stick with two of the best mic-men the E has had in the last 15 years... he actually stayed right in with 'em even before the speech and acting classes... so I'd say he can hang just fine. I'd also imagine if Miz ever got an opportunity to face a main-event status opponent without the title... you'd be saying he's not ready for that action because he never faced anyone from that caliber. Kaedon, in your world of wrestling fantasy... how on Earth does anyone ever make it to the main event scene? Because as you tell it... John Cena, Randy Orton, Triple H, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Undertaker, Kane, and Mysterio would be the only main event we would have in the WWE and the shit would just be a repetitive circle of the possible main events you could draw from those superstars... kind of like the last 3 years prior to Sheamus coming into the scene. In fact, I just read that the WWE has featured either John Cena or Randy Orton in a main event/title match at every single pay per view for 3 years, so don't try to say that's an absurd statement. Besides, have you not considered what wonders it would do to actually have Miz go over a guy like Cena or Orton in "fair" fashion (i.e. no Money in the Bank)? If Miz (as champion) were to defeat one of the top stars in the WWE? The guy would literally sky-rocket... it's actually what a majority have asked of the WWE recently (wanting to build superstars)... I mean, shit... by your logic, how the FUCK did HBK earn or deserve a MANIA win over Brett Hart? I mean, we're talking a career midcarder who fought a career midcarder for years... Michaels won a rumble... lost at WM in a pretty forgettable match... won another rumble sure... and then was deemed ready to defeat possibly the best champion the E had in the 90's? Hell, it can be argued MITB is actually as difficult to win as Royal Rumble anyways... and then with the stip, you get an advantage... sure... but let the man go on and do something with it and prove people like you wrong.

Way to split hairs.
Yeah, clearly someone doesn't quite grasp the definition of change...

Because of the hair? He has the same look, the same mic style, and has the same mannerisms in and out of the ring.
Actually, aside from the Straight Edge stuff, his character IS developed and improved by far over what he was a year ago. Shit, the simple fact they're allowing him to feud with the face of the company over the Big Show with this is a sign of the E having more trust in him. His character is focused on the psychological game now rather than the use of drugs... and he's taking over a group of rising stars, not leading a group of castaways who can't maintain character and draw down the storyline Punk is involved in (yes, yes, that was out of Punk's control... I get it) but the fact of the matter is this: the basis and focus of Punk's character is ultimately different and more important (improved) than it was a year ago... and the fact that the E is letting him play the psychological game now nearly overstates that fact.

Yeah, Rock was leeching off Farrooq when he and Austin were stealing the show with him in the Nation. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Rock was a bum till he won that SS tournament. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
The Rock's biggest claim to fame prior to his WWF Championship career was his ladder-match win for the IC Title over Triple H... and his feud with DX. The Rock's growth between the Corporation and the time of his next big championship run was infinite... a tremendous growth... a growth which probably never would have been possible without the first bullshit run during the corporation. The thing that made the Rock intriguing is that the E used him to keep the title off of guys like Stone Cold, the Undertaker, and Triple H. If he was "The Chosen One" to be the champ over those guys, surely he had something to offer beyond the comical relief he provided on the stick... hmm... sounds a whole helluva lot like the Miz (minus the huge IC title win and havign Vince hug his nuts in the middle of the ring)...

monkeystyle

Reaction score

So I was just doing some random reading and I noticed that Undertaker made his actual wrestling debut in 1984 and then won the WWF title in 1991. So seven years since he began his career until he won the title.

Maybe you can see where I am going with this...

Miz made his wrestling debut in 2003 and won his first WWF title in 2010, seven years since he began his wrestling career.

As a matter of fact I think I'm going to continue on this trend because I can.

The Rock: started wrestling around 94-95, won his first WWF title in 1998. 4 years in the business at most but that's okay, right?

John Cena: started wrestling in 2000, won his first WWF title in 2005.

Batista: started wrestling in 2000, won the title in 2005.

CM Punk: started wrestling in 2000, won his first WWF title in 2008. He has one extra year in the business on Miz but somehow he's more ready than Miz is.

I can keep going if you like...

So, just to tie things up. Your argument that Miz hasn't spent long enough in the business to hold the world title flies in the face of all of those in the past who have and have been successful.

I'd actually be willing to venture the guess that you had absolutely no idea when Miz started wrestling (I didn't either but it doesn't actually matter to me.) and have just been talking out of your ass the entire time.

...god...

Reaction score
Where are you guys coming up with this acting/speech lessons crap from?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know where that's coming from but I think I might recall hearing something about that. Gimme a sec.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
“I go to improv classes, I have an acting coach,” Miz said. “I do a lot of things to prepare because we’re in front of a live audience … anything can happen, and it does happen. I think me over-training, if you will, has led to me doing great things in the ring with the mic because I am prepared and I know exactly what I have to do. I can eat anyone up anytime I want.”

Got that from here: http://www.expressnightout.com/content/2010/04/the-miz-wwe-extreme-rules.php