• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
They are still rolling with the conspiracy that The Shield are ran by Punk/Heyman instead of being a group of outlaws, which direction would you want to see it taken? The positives of being aligned with those two is guaranteed main event spots, but I think the aura of the trio causing havoc is lost.

What would you want to see?

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Not anymore I wouldn't. The Shield going solo basically means lots of Ambrose Mic time, and Heyman and Punk would undoubtedly take away some of that if not all. And as you say, the idea of the group being outlaws is great, with them entering the crowd and stuff like that.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I agree, leave them as they are. They never mentioned that they were following orders, or are following someone else's ideals. So there is no reason to believe that there is someone behind them. Hopefully they keep it that way.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
No, they are better the way they are right now.
As Albin said, it will take a lot from Ambrose mic time.

McLovin1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea they need to build the Shield as a group not some kind of mercenaries.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Not really, no. The aura of a group of outlaws simply wreaking havoc around the WWE would be broken and it would take away from the fact that the group already has the perfect size, in other others, Punk/Heyman would outshine the current members, which wouldn't be a good thing.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I've always said they should stay on their own. Their gimmick (which is unique, and one I thought of on my own before they debuted, to be honest) would be ruined and they'd be reduced to just a generic group of guys carrying out orders for Heyman and Punk (yawn.) What would be their purpose of attacking guys like Orton or Miz or Brodus, guys having nothing to do with Punk or Heyman? Just to throw people off their scent?

ThreeXBetterThanU

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think they should attack punk. What better way to send a message? Have punk claim to be behind it, and then have them destroy him.

Picture it like this, have punk in the ring doing a promo, let the shield come from the audience like they are going to attack him, and as they have him surrounded, have punk laugh. Then talk about how he orchestrated the whole thing. Then, when everything seems like it sucks, have them attack him and deny that he had anything to do with them and state that they work for no one.

~Three Said That~

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Would you even want The Shield to be aligned with Punk/Heyman?

ThreeXBetterThanU said:
I think they should attack punk. What better way to send a message? Have punk claim to be behind it, and then have them destroy him.

Picture it like this, have punk in the ring doing a promo, let the shield come from the audience like they are going to attack him, and as they have him surrounded, have punk laugh. Then talk about how he orchestrated the whole thing. Then, when everything seems like it sucks, have them attack him and deny that he had anything to do with them and state that they work for no one.

~Three Said That~

Seems too much like a face turn.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I never wanted them to be aligned with Heyman/Punk. Hell, one of my earliest posts on this site was stating how I had no enthusiasm for their debuts because it seemed they were obviously aligned with Heyman & Punk and that just meant they weren't going to get enough time to individualize themselves as they'd be sharing mic time with Heyman & Punk and thus will just be relegated to Punk's helper which wouldn't be beneficial for any of them down the line. Needless to say I've been very happy WWE isn't going this route, or at least doesn't seem too.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
There are pros and cons to either.

I would like to agree with everyone else that it does seem better for them to work alone since they're pretty stable and brutal enough by themselves and don't really need to ride Punk and Heyman's coattails to try and stabilize their positions in WWE, but their idea of justice is lost on me. I understand they attack anyone or anything that they deem as "injustice" but it really just seems like random attacks on random Superstars.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Yes, i'd love them to all be aligned. A faction of that magnitude could wreck havoc in the wwe for not only the immediate future but for a lengthy time. Of course that's just my opinion.