Would you be dissapointed if...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Reaction score
Orton in the draft will go to smackdown anyways. So i cannot see him vs cena for the title yet. If it does happen i will go to Stamford CT and kicks all their asses.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
^^^ You are entitled to your own opinion, but name who you think are better mic workers than HBK. By my count there are about three guys in the E even on his level. And only Jericho might be better than him.

Yeah, I knew that my opinion would be challenged. I would have to say that guys like Punk, Jericho, Orton, The Miz and Triple H are better. I am sure you may disagree with me tbh.

LKP

Reaction score
^^^^ What he just said lol

I like all those guys and i agree with SE 76.

CMS

Reaction score
Out of those guys, I don't think Orton and The Miz are better than him, and CM Punk still has to cut decent promos as a face, so I dont think they are better.

I've always considered HHH better on the mic than HBK though

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew that my opinion would be challenged. I would have to say that guys like Punk, Jericho, Orton, The Miz and Triple H are better. I am sure you may disagree with me tbh.
HHH- indeed great. No qualms about that.
Jericho I agree. I even said he might be better than HBK.

Punk is great now,but as mentioned by CMS, can't cut a great face promo at all
Orton- NOPE. Nice and all, but nowhere on HBK level. Just pitch me one promo of his to defend that. Not trying to stir shit, just want a little substance to this.
Miz- absolutely love the guy, but way too one dimensional to even be considered near HBK level

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I think Miz would be able to cut a face promo pretty well.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Orton- NOPE. Nice and all, but nowhere on HBK level. Just pitch me one promo of his to defend that. Not trying to stir shit, just want a little substance to this.

I cannot cite one specfic promo but some of his promos during his first feud with Cena (Summer of 2007 I believe) were pretty fucking brilliant. I also think that his promos during his feuds with HBK, Batista (imo) and Taker were pretty damn epic as well.

edit- On the topic of the Miz, I honestly am not sure that he could cut a decent face promo. But I do think that Punk could cut a good to great face promo tbh, markdom aside.

CMS

Reaction score
I think Miz could cut good face promos, and so could CM Punk, both are incredibly charismatic indeed. However, HBK just doesn't cut good promos. He's cuts incredible promos. He has to be the best guy out there to cut promos that make you feel bad about him. The mic work against JBL, Jericho and this entire year on Undertaker vouch for that, and on when heel, well, his work on Bret Hart and Canada is amazing, and we got a taste of that in 2005 against Hogan.

I want to make it clear, HBK isnt my favorite promo guy. When heel, I enjoy HHH in general more, and I find CM Punk more interesting, and in faces I like HHH more (it's sad to say that is the only face whose face mic work I really like, besides Edge in general). But when you look at it in general, HBK is amongst the best ever.

CMS

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, it's pretty obvious they are starting to tease Orton vs Cena