Worst Storylines in Wrestling History

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Rey Mysterio feuding with Orton and using Eddies death to generate heat. As effective as it was it was stomach churning and done in poor taste.

Hence why Pritchard, Hayes, Gewirtz, Stephanie, HHH, Vince McMahon and the entire creative team post Kreski/Russo is trash at writing.

Reactions: Brad Boyd

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Rey Mysterio feuding with Orton and using Eddies death to generate heat. As effective as it was it was stomach churning and done in poor taste.

I'm not as opposed to these things as most in wrestling but I just think it's ridiculously hard to make it not terrible lol this one is really egregious to me bc it's so obvious from Orton's delivery he didn't wanna say half the shit he was saying.

Brad Boyd

Reaction score
Hence why Pritchard, Hayes, Gewirtz, Stephanie, HHH, Vince McMahon and the entire creative team post Kreski/Russo is trash at writing.
I often find it hysterical how much people downplay Russos contributions to WWF and the attitude era. They keep bringing up wcw and how he fucked up there or perhaps even tna. Russo was the genius behind DX, Venis and Godfather who were all very over.

Reactions: RLStern

Brad Boyd

Reaction score
I'm not as opposed to these things as most in wrestling but I just think it's ridiculously hard to make it not terrible lol this one is really egregious to me bc it's so obvious from Orton's delivery he didn't wanna say half the shit he was saying.
That particular line wasn't the main problem. I more so had an issue overall with Rey coming out with eddies low rider imitating him like he was Chavo. Just very much unlike him. Rey being world champ was also a bad move.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I often find it hysterical how much people downplay Russos contributions to WWF and the attitude era. They keep bringing up wcw and how he fucked up there or perhaps even tna. Russo was the genius behind DX, Venis and Godfather who were all very over.

That’s the thing, is that he didn’t fuck up at WCW and TNA, he legit raised their ratings.

He raised WCW ratings against his own creative product in the WWF, basically competing against himself, against peak Rock who was the most popular wrestler of all time.

He made TNA competitive with WWE where WWE was a monopoly.

He is literally the most successful wrestling writer of all time, followed by Chris Kreski.

Even if he did mess up in some fantasy imagination, it still doesn’t change his WWF success from 1997-1999.

He could’ve wrote the movie The Room, and still deserved an Emmy for his WWF run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad Boyd

Honky Tonk GOAT

Reaction score
The Seth Rollins vs Rey Mysterio poke your eyeball out match. Winner had to take the losers eyeball out to end the match. I knew that was gonna be a bs match before it even started. Rey holds his hand over his face and then runs off into the corner. The cameras conveniently don’t follow him and the announcer claims “oh its out” and the bell rings. What total BS! I want an eyeball rematch where the winner has to hold the losers eyeball up in the air for all to see just for proposing that dumb idea.

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole.

Not even having Austin show up could save this.

Dx660ExUwAA7jgP.jpg

Ace

Reaction score
In recent times its definitely the Lashley/Lana/Rusev storyline. No wrestling moment has jarred me in years quite like how Lashley and Lana making out at the top of the ramp did.