Worst Movie of the Year Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Contagion. Even with the star power it had, it was horrible. The acting was terrible, the plot (which is supposed to make you "scared") was terrible and everything in between. I still haven't made it past the 40 minute mark. Hell, I enjoyed Megan is Missing much more than this piece of crap.

The Viper

Reaction score
Contagion. Even with the star power it had, it was horrible. The acting was terrible, the plot (which is supposed to make you "scared") was terrible and everything in between. I still haven't made it past the 40 minute mark. Hell, I enjoyed Megan is Missing much more than this piece of crap.

WOO HOO!!!! Yay! Yay! Yay! <3

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I still hated Megan is Missing though. That was garbage also. Just not as bad.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Alright, now that I have had time to compile my list, I shall make a proper list of the terrible movies that 2011 churned out.

Sucker Punch: Before the movie hit theaters, I was excited for it. I couldn't wait to watch it. Everything looked brilliant from the story to the action to the girls. Reality set in shortly after I started watching it. The story rather sucked, the action was OK and the girls were hot and that was about it. The movie seemed all over the place. It was all style and no substance.

Drive Angry 3D: For some reason I looked forward to this movie. I don't consider myself a Nic Cage fan, but I have always enjoyed most of his movies. I guess you could say he was a guilty pleasure actor for me. The movie started out right with the action but almost immediately fell short. Between the acting and terrible story it just couldn't be saved. Even Amber Heard in short shorts and a wife beater didn't help. One of these days I may try to watch it again and see if my opinion changed on it, but I doubt it will.

The Hangover II: This movie was just utter garbage. I found nothing even remotely amusing. The over the top gross out gags and the fact it was the first movie set in Bangkok this time. I don't even want to continue talking about it.

Megan Is Missing: Sorry Apex, but this movie was garbage. I made it through 15 minutes of the movie and shut it off. After I was told to watch the final 22 minutes I gave it a chance to redeem itself. It didn't happen. Even those final minutes made me like it. I found no redeeming qualities in this movie. Although I will say this, it was better than The Hangover II.

Contagion: So here it is. The movie was terrible. Basically, read what I wrote in my other post. It pretty much sums it up.

Green Lantern: I am at a crossroads with this. On one hand it was a comic book movie of one of my favorite comic books, on the other, the movie was barely watchable at best. I've watched it a couple of times because I really want to like it. Ryan Reynolds was definitely the wrong choice for the Green Lantern. He just didn't fit the part. The story was kind of lame and it didn't seem to want to move forward with any good pace. If they make another movie it just needs to be a reboot.

So those were my top hated movies of 2011. I'm sure there were more than I couldn't stand, but these were the top of the heap.

Castiel

Reaction score
I liked Saw up until 4 came out, then I feel the movies lost their "awe" factor.

Honestly, the statement could be made that all WWE films put out this year were Worst Movies...I haven't seen any of them really, so I am just going to go by the numbers.

Tbf, some of the WWE films have been decent. 12 Rounds was a good recent one and The Marine 2 looked good, haven't gotten to it yet though... the Triple H ones just look terrible and that one Big Show was in. Fuck that. But yeah, Saw is garbage sense the second one for me.

Green Lantern was definitely the biggest disappointment Troy, sad how it came out... like you I really wanted to like it! But no... Reynolds is decent in comedies like The Change Up but not right for a superhero. I can only imagine based on Lantern that he's going to suck as Deadpool too. Sucker Punch definitely sucked, I kinda wanted it to be good because it has hot girls and Zack Snyder, but not even my crush on Vannessa Hudgens could save it. Sucks to hear Contagion was bad? Looked pretty interesting... guess it came out like The Happening. Lol

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I liked Saw up until 4 came out, then I feel the movies lost their "awe" factor.

Honestly, the statement could be made that all WWE films put out this year were Worst Movies...I haven't seen any of them really, so I am just going to go by the numbers.

If you haven't seen them its kind of hard to say they were bad. For the record, The Chaperone had a few moments that made me chuckle and That's What I Am was a genuinely good film.

See No Evil is still pretty great as well.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
If you haven't seen them its kind of hard to say they were bad. For the record, The Chaperone had a few moments that made me chuckle and That's What I Am was a genuinely good film.

See No Evil is still pretty great as well.

Personally, I feel that Legendary was a good movie, I enjoyed it. See No Evil was pretty good, I will agree, I watch it whenenver it's on tv.

Castiel

Reaction score
I forgot about That's What I Am. That was actually pretty good, just shows that the wrestlers shouldn't be the stars.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I forgot about That's What I Am. That was actually pretty good, just shows that the wrestlers shouldn't be the stars.

I'll go to the papers if I have to.

Reactions: 1 person

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Easily Paranormal Activity, usually I'm scared easily but, I laughed through that shitfest.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
That makes me sad that you didn't like PA3. I loved the first two. Although I have not seen the third one yet. Gonna wait for Blu Ray.

The Viper

Reaction score
I don't see how people can laugh through a HORROR movie. What happens in the movie isn't comedy and isn't supposed to make you laugh.

I think that anyone that laughs at a horror movie are just masking their real emotions and don't wanna show that they're scared shitless.

I loved PA3, though. Probably my favorite of the PA's so far.

Castiel

Reaction score
I stopped watching after the first PA, those movies are utter fucking garbage. I understand how SKOJ laughed through it, it's trying to be scary but failing which is probably funny.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
It is a smart horror film. It is in the same mold as Psycho and The Blair Witch Project. Those now are not scary. It is the thought of what is happening that is the scare. Yeah there are some jump out scare moments but overall it is the idea that is supposed to scare. If you're going into it thinking it was supposed to be a scare a minute then you're not going to like it. I would assume you didn't like those movies as well, or hell, even Jaws.

Castiel

Reaction score
I liked those movies, and when I first saw all of those I was scared of them. But I just didn't enjoy PA.