Worst Movie of the Year Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So yeah, we all know that there's been some bad films this year, and unfortunately some of us have had to sit through them. I figured if we had to suffer the pain of watching them, we should at least have a place to discuss them as well. Here is that place, where you can vent your frustrations on what you felt were the worst movies of the year. After all, we need some sort of silver lining to the dark cloud that is bad films we've had to watch right? Here's my shortlist for stuff I absolutely couldn't stand this year....

Apollo 18 - Boring, no real payoff and I'm really getting sick of "found footage" films because they are all so contrived.

Megan is Missing - Sorry AP, I couldn't help myself, I have to include it because yeah, it was utterly dreadful, and the "shocking" last 22 minutes couldn't save it from the even worse first 60.

Green Lantern - An utter crapfest from beginning to end, Ryan Reynolds is easily the most un-charismatic leading man in Hollywood and should be shot immediately to spare us more grief.

Arthur - Why was it remade? All it turned out to be was Russell Brand being annoying and Helen Mirren looking embarrassed to even be in the film.

Priest - Horrible, that's about all I can say in regards to this dreck.

So how about you guys? Agree or disagree? Have some other films you'd like to add to this list?

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I felt that I wasted my money when I finished watching Priest, it was horrible. As for Arthur, I rather enjoyed it, so I can't really say anything bad about it, plus I like Brand.

Paranormal Activity is a movie that should not have had a 2 or 3

Shark Night 3D

The Rite

Sanctum

I also thought that Pirates 4 was a huge letdown

Castiel

Reaction score
Stop the hate on Priest! :')
I think we all know the only real answer to this thread, whatever shit Adam Sandler put out this year.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Yeah, Sandler had some bombs...Jack and Jill and I think Buck Larson was his as well...I didn't see them, and that was strictly because they didn't look like quality films anyway.

Reaction score
I agree that Pirates of the Carribean 4 sucked ass in comparison to what I am normally use to. Everyone feared Blackbeard because his sword ruled his ship, who gives a fuck, Captain Barbosa was an undead zombie for the first movie, and the the 2nd and 3rd we had a guy with an octopus face.... lets get better, not worse here

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
That's usually the trend...the more sequels, the higher level of suck...just look at the Saw franchise

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
<-- Actually liked the Saw films.

I haven't see many new films this year TBH. I'll try Priest and then tell you if it's worst thing I've seen this year.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I liked Saw up until 4 came out, then I feel the movies lost their "awe" factor.

Honestly, the statement could be made that all WWE films put out this year were Worst Movies...I haven't seen any of them really, so I am just going to go by the numbers.

The Viper

Reaction score
So yeah, we all know that there's been some bad films this year, and unfortunately some of us have had to sit through them. I figured if we had to suffer the pain of watching them, we should at least have a place to discuss them as well. Here is that place, where you can vent your frustrations on what you felt were the worst movies of the year. After all, we need some sort of silver lining to the dark cloud that is bad films we've had to watch right? Here's my shortlist for stuff I absolutely couldn't stand this year....

Apollo 18 - Boring, no real payoff and I'm really getting sick of "found footage" films because they are all so contrived.

Megan is Missing - Sorry AP, I couldn't help myself, I have to include it because yeah, it was utterly dreadful, and the "shocking" last 22 minutes couldn't save it from the even worse first 60.

Green Lantern - An utter crapfest from beginning to end, Ryan Reynolds is easily the most un-charismatic leading man in Hollywood and should be shot immediately to spare us more grief.

Arthur - Why was it remade? All it turned out to be was Russell Brand being annoying and Helen Mirren looking embarrassed to even be in the film.

Priest - Horrible, that's about all I can say in regards to this dreck.

So how about you guys? Agree or disagree? Have some other films you'd like to add to this list?

:frown: It's okay, I guess. I'm used to everyone hating on it anyway. No worries.

I would have to say Apollo 18, for sure. I haven't seen many movies this year but that one was pure shit. It saddens me to say that because I was really looking forward to seeing it after I saw that awesome poster of theirs.

Then I did lose a little interest when I saw the trailer. Then I saw the movie. :facepalm: Horrible. I guess this a case where the poster is better than the movie :lol:

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
That's usually the trend...the more sequels, the higher level of suck...just look at the Saw franchise

I actually thought Saw VI was the best one since II.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I actually thought Saw VI was the best one since II.
Same here. Plus I kinda like the later films a little better because Lt. Hoffman is my favorite character from the series.

James Bond

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho