• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

World Baseball Classic

MJ807

The World Baseball Classic has started and I notice there wasn't a thread for the WBC. So far Japan has made it into the finals in their pool and Chinese Taipei has been eliminated. And the Netherlands upset the Dominican Republic. Who do you guys think will end up winning the WBC.

PeepShow

US is currently beating Canada. Pretty good game going atm. Adam "The Great" Dunn has already homered. Hopefully they can hang on.

MJ807

Yeah I was getting nervous with Jason Bay at the plate and a man on second it wasn't lookng too good.

MJ807

Puerto Rico defeated Panama 7 - 0 in a dominating performance. Panama got only 5 hits and they were all singles. SP might be right PR might be the team to beat.

So the next games will be Puerto Rico vs. Netherlands and Panama vs. Dominican Republic in an elimination game.

Millzy Pt. 2

So happy that USA beat Canada 2nite, I hope that we win it all this year and beat Japan.

Panama vs PR got ugly late.

Wordlife

^it did... they were up 4-0... then idk wtf happened lol

7-0... easy win for PR :D

PeepShow

Who did Japan lose that suddenly don't make them the favorites to repeat?

MJ807

They didn't lose anyone they're my favorite to repeat but because the DR roster was loaded before injuries people believed that they would be the ones to win along with the USA. But I still believe it will be Japan in the finals, I still don't know if they will win.

Todays games are
Pool A (Tokyo)
Date Matchup Time (ET)
3/8 China vs. Korea 5:30 a.m.
ESPN2
Pool B (Mexico City)
3/8 S. Africa vs. Cuba 2 p.m.
3/8 Australia vs. Mexico 9 p.m.
Pool C (Toronto)
3/8 U.S. vs. Venezuela 8 p.m.
ESPN
Pool D (San Juan)