WM guest host?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
- Monday's episode of WWE RAW drew a 3.14 cable rating, down from last week's 3.3.

The show averaged 4.8 million viewers, which is down from the 4.9 million the show averaged last week.

As reported earlier, the 20-minute over-run segment featuring The Rock's return to WWE television averaged 5.7 million viewers - so it's clear people tuned in to see the big reveal of the WrestleMania guest host at the end of the show.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
His return was pretty awesome... But, I'll be honest I am skeptical that he will be staying around full time. Not that it would be awesome if/when he stays for even a non-wrestling role, but well.... The Rock has done this before. Does anyone remember the 'This *points to the crowd* is home' promo?

But.... Him acually being there LIVE and getting 20-25 minutes to talk and was announced a month, month and a half before Wrestlemania gives me hope that he will atleast be involved in the storylines for atleast the short term.

fuzzy

Reaction score
thinking maybe they might do something like they did when Bret Hart came back?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
All I'm hearing is an Attitude Era standoff at WrestleMania, not a full-blown feud.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^Effectively, something like...???

Rock & whoever: "We were better! PG is shit"

Current crop: "Errrrm..... "

: P

....Seriously though, whatever the collective kayfaybe outcry from the new guys in such a scenario, that sounds like they'd run a severe risk of burying the current collective product by going down that path and that's one hell of a dangerous game to be playing just to pander to a guy that may not be here to carry the company through the post-WM fallout.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^^^Effectively, something like...???

Rock & whoever: "We were better! PG is shit"

Current crop: "Errrrm..... "

: P

....Seriously though, whatever the collective kayfaybe outcry from the new guys in such a scenario, that sounds like they'd run a severe risk of burying the current collective product by going down that path and that's one hell of a dangerous game to be playing just to pander to a guy that may not be here to carry the company through the post-WM fallout.

LOL, no, a standoff between The Rock and the Mr. McMahon character; basically just one segment to relive for old-times sake at WrestleMania where a power-hungry Mr. McMahon comes out and Rock tries to put him in his place and they just produce an edgier segment.

Axis

Reaction score
Given that Austin is back working with the company, I'd be a bit disappointed if there wasn't a Stone Cold/Rock segment in the ring.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^ Rock V Austin as fueding GMs for the up coming year would be dope as hell (as well as being suitably 'organic' thanks to their history)!

Axis

Reaction score
^^^ Rock V Austin as fueding GMs for the up coming year would be dope as hell (as well as being suitably 'organic' thanks to their history)!

That would rule. I was hoping to see the same thing with Hart/Michaels last year, but nope :(

Airfixx

Reaction score
Yeah, that woulda been nice, but Bret would have been a weakish link, whereas both Austin & Rock have got the mic skills (and the overness; which Bret lacked on a wider basis) to make such an angle pure gold.