With HHH being a heel now...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chaz

The Artiste
Reaction score
5c51.png

Nah but seriously, I don't mind Triple just being there in the new corporation or whatever it is, as long as he doesn't take the spotlight away from Orton.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
5c51.png

Nah but seriously, I don't mind Triple just being there in the new corporation or whatever it is, as long as he doesn't take the spotlight away from Orton.

I'm not sureah.. why it is so funnahh..... to make fun of HHH talkinga likea thisahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But it isssssaaaaaaaaaaaa

snarl

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
It's no different than Austin/Vince from 1998 & 1999, where Vince was the main nemesis and everyone else (Dude Love/Mankind, Undertaker/Kane, The Rock, etc.) were just people Austin had to go through in order to retain or regain the world title that Vince so desperately wanted to pry and keep from Austin's hands at all cost. Likewise, Orton is the guy Bryan has to pry the title away from, but this is the feud that is happening right away. It's already booked for Night Of Champions, and that probably won't be their last match. Bryan/HHH, on the other hand, is the big match that is being built up for later on, probably Wrestlemania XXX. Bryan defeating "The Game" will be a bigger moment than defeating Orton, title or not.

The only thing about this I worry about is that HHH/Bryan will eventually be the match. I actually see it being for the WWE Championship, with Bryan having vanquished Orton, Ryback, ADR, I don't know who, just a series of "corporate heel challengers", I can see HHH challenging Bryan for the WWE Title using the justification of "If you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself". Then, we get Bryan vs. HHH at Mania, with Bryan defeating HHH...before being blindsided by John Cena, who finally turns full-on heel (it would be a natural move if Bryan stays over, as Cena himself has even talked about his character being stale and needing to change), leading to the storyline of the summer and a feud between Cena and Bryan that culminates in a match of some sort at SummerSlam 2014.

Okay, I've really got to rein in this whole dream booking thing.

wk

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The only thing about this I worry about is that HHH/Bryan will eventually be the match. I actually see it being for the WWE Championship, with Bryan having vanquished Orton, Ryback, ADR, I don't know who, just a series of "corporate heel challengers", I can see HHH challenging Bryan for the WWE Title using the justification of "If you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself". Then, we get Bryan vs. HHH at Mania, with Bryan defeating HHH...before being blindsided by John Cena, who finally turns full-on heel (it would be a natural move if Bryan stays over, as Cena himself has even talked about his character being stale and needing to change), leading to the storyline of the summer and a feud between Cena and Bryan that culminates in a match of some sort at SummerSlam 2014.

Okay, I've really got to rein in this whole dream booking thing.

wk

Bryan/HHH at Mania makes sense but I don't think they'll combine the power struggle between Vince/HHH and the WWE Title into one match. Either Vince will come to his senses and choose Bryan as the guy to represent him against HHH or Bryan will be involved in the title picture while someone else (most likely Cena) wrestles HHH. In that case, Bryan/HHH will have had happened by then in some type of grudge match.

Speaking of Cena, I've always said that one way to turn him heel in a way that feels logical is to have another guy replace him as the top baby face. The reasoning here would be that Cena has taken time off to heal an elbow injury, and when he returns, he finds that someone has effectively replaced him as the #1 hero to the kids and the face of the company, and it's the very guy he lost the WWE Championship to before he left.

Daniel Bryan is the exact kind of hero to the kids (and people in general) that Cena has always been but more. While he gets the mega huge crowd reactions that Cena has gotten before, he doesn't get a large quantity of boos from others on top of it. Would this not believably eat away at Cena? He knows he obviously can't change the mind of those who hate him but now the people who cheer him have found they love Bryan more as well. And if anything, Bryan is more of a role model because of his unconventional looks and size and stature. Someone of his physical makeover overcoming every obstacle and becoming as successful and beloved as he is is pretty inspirational, I'd say. I also like that it would be a slow burn and not an immediate thing, as Cena would have all this time sitting at home and a little time since coming back to watch as Bryan takes his spot.

Of course, I don't see any of this happening and I'm not gonna cross my fingers that it does or anything, just saying/agreeing it makes sense on paper.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I also like that it would be a slow burn and not an immediate thing, as Cena would have all this time sitting at home and a little time since coming back to watch as Bryan takes his spot.

While I liked your whole post, this was probably my favorite part of it.

Too many pro wrestling fans have come to expect nothing but swerves and quick turns and, while these can be very effective, they have to be explained or else they don't make sense. Witness the Orton/HHH turn. All we actually knew leaving SummerSlam is that HHH had taken out Bryan for Orton and Orton had cashed in his MITB contract. It was the next night before it was explained that HHH had "come to his senses on the business decision of backing Orton over Bryan as Champion". This was a good turn and one that WWE planned and is sticking with. Its writing, planning, and execution were all amazing and it's been enjoyable, but too often we've seen these swerves be walked back. And, in those cases, a turn can be reversed, leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths as it comes across as an excuse or "just to screw a guy".

The slow burn/slow turn of John Cena, if it were based off of the qualities you're talking about, would be hugely effective. It would even make sense from a story standpoint for Cena to turn his back on the fans who had supported him (even while other fans told him he sucked) because they had spurned him in favor of Bryan. Not to mention the fact that it would give Cena's character depth and development, two things that are essential to good storytelling.

wk

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Triple H the boss and heel with an alliance with Orton while in the meantime using The Shield as body guards is just an insane angle

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Orton sort of needs HHH. Orton has the look, and the ability, but you are kidding yourself if you think that man can cut promos. I think he is great helping out Orton and it's sort of necessary. Now that I think of it, Daniel Bryan isn't the greatest on the mic either, but he's getting better. The last 3 or 4 raws he's cut pretty good promos. I'm never going to be truly happy with HHH in the spotlight but it's needed because unfortunately (and this is a tough pill to swallow) Neither DB or Orton are cena.

Don't get me wrong though both of them are amazing talents and i'll stand by my word that DB is the best in ring performer in the buisness. That's all I truly care about in the end, the stories that will be told in that squared circle.