William Regal Appreciation Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Regal is without a doubt one of the best mid-card heels in the WWE. He was complete gold as GM, as someone else said...just standing there waiting for everyone to shut the hell up. He's extremely confident on the mic and extremely well spoken.
Another thing I love about Regal is that he really fits his gimmick. So many people it's kind of a stretch to imagine them actually acting like that outside the ring. Regal legit looks like some pompous English asshole in a 3 piece suit hell bent on being a gentleman.
Although he tends to be one of those guys who will go through about 10 mat holds per match he can really go. When gets into it he really looks like he's about to beat someone's ass..lol.
I don't think we'll ever see Regal challenging for a major title (unless it's the ECW title...which come to think of it he'd make a nice edition to ECW...) but anyway he serves his purpose and does a great job in the meanwhile.

Great One

Most underrated, under utilized wrestler in the WWE, probably. He's amazing on the mic, just never really gets a chance, except when he was with KING BOOKER.

xtremebadass

William Regal pisses me off. He has sucked massive nuts ever since he stopped using his brass knucks, and even then he wasn't that great. Boring as hell. He wears curtains to the ring man!

Soulpower

Boring as hell?

Not surprised. I mean, Regal just goes to the ring and tries to wrestle? I mean, really? Wrestling in a wrestling ring? BORING! :shifty:

The Rated R CMStar

The feud Regal vs HHH that would have happened had Regal not use...illegal substances, would have been awesome

TK.GFX

Reaction score
^^^^ Maybe I'm wrong but haven't they only had two matches? The one in the King of the Ring finals and then the one on RAW. The one on RAW sucked by the way. All that hype with people saying it was going to be a great match only to have it end like 2min. in the match. And then Stephanie says the 1st title match of 09 will not end in DQ, when it still did.

So you marked during the finals of the tortoment and then marked during that shit match on RAW? And if "they're aren't any other matches in the WWE today that have that same awesome" than two matches with one being shit, I'd refuse to watch WWE.

Oh by the way, Regal's cool.

Could've sworn they'd had more matches then that before, but guess not. Even so, the King of The Ring finals match was great, and you really can't judge how good Punk vs Regal is off of the RAW "match". It was meant as an angle, so that they could get in the "Lose the belt even if your DQed" rule. It's a stupid angle, but the few minutes of wrestling that we got from it was not bad at all, and I expect the rematch to be great.

Even when he's not wrestling Punk, Regals still got a great brutal style in the ring, it's just that Punk seems to be able to keep up like the other wrestlers cant.

xtremebadass

Boring as hell?

Not surprised. I mean, Regal just goes to the ring and tries to wrestle? I mean, really? Wrestling in a wrestling ring? BORING! :shifty:

There's way more to the wrestling business these days than just flat out wrestling. How often do you actually get a pure wrestling match? It's being phased out by glitz and glamour. More about appearance than technique.

noumenon

Yeah...and his appearance fits his gimmick perfectly.
He has great mic skills.
He's solid in the ring.
And c'mon.... Triple Haitch.....Yoomanga.......priceless..lol

Evil Austin

William Regal is the shit, he can work the mic and he does alot for the business putting people over. He can wrestle like a real man.

though I will never forget the time that Y2J made 'Commisioner' Regal in 01' drink his piss. Jericho pissed in Regal's coffee or something like that.

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

William Regal deserves to be World Heavyweight Champion or WWE Champion before he retires.

C4

William Regal deserves to be World Heavyweight Champion or WWE Champion before he retires.

What has he done in his career to deserve that?

noumenon

Agreed... Regal is a long way away from a world title. Perhaps if he were booked right and built towards it.... he definately has the potential to be a top heel. Yet I almost get the feeling people would respond to him in the same way they do to JBL when he doesn't have an amazing face to counterbalance him.

Airfixx

I'll say again... The intended fued with HHH as champ would have been just the ticket to get him over in the ME... If he'd have eventually won the title and then, as GM, set about sabotaging HHH's possible routes to another title shot, employing the same kind of tactics VG does when HHH pisses her off, he would have got awesome heat.

CenaHardy

Reaction score
William Regal sucks, CM Punk is going to rip him to shreds on Raw now Regal can't cheat!