• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

William Regal Appreciation Thread

J

I will go out on a limb and say Regal is the most boring wrestler in wrestling today. I would rather have Hornswaggle as IC champ then Regal.

X-Sterl-X

Regal pretty much is only there to put Punk over, he sucks balls at everything, hes a decent wrestler but Finlay makes him look bad as an old guy.. useless

Axis

Holy shit you guys don't know what you're talking about. Please, stop. You're hurting professional wrestling.

William Regal is the shit. I'd LOVE to see an extended series between he and Punk.

I've always marked for Regal. I loved when he was King William Regal, and they had him as General Manager. He'd come out and stand there, waiting for the crowd to shut up, lol. His best wrestling days are behind him sure, but he can still "go" when he gets a really technical opponent.

Enigma22

i think hes a really good wrestler especially when hes facing someone he matches up well against. i wish he was having a more exciting championship reign tho...

I hate regal, he's the most boring wrestler ever, I'd never meet someone who likes regal.

That equates to two fifths of SWEET FUCK ALL.

Regal has a grand, almost dictatorial presence in the ring - with the hairstyle and Layla joined at the hip + an excellent mouthpiece and that kickass throne, robe and entrance music.

Besides, the running high knee strike to claim the IC championship could have been felt across the Atlantic. He is extremely valuable to the WWE.

★Chuck Zombie★

I don't like his character but he is a great wrestler and you can pretty much be guaranteed a good match if he is with someone that can keep up like Punk. So I'm all for the Punk/Regal feud going a long time. And in case some Punk hater wants to say Punk can't keep up with Regal, well Regal disagrees.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2008/1222/376049/mr_kennedy.shtml said:
Regal said CM Punk is one of the few quality opponents who can work at his pace in the ring. "The vicious stuff I'm doing now is the way I like to wrestle, unfortunately there are not too many people - and this may sound very arrogant - who can keep up with me. Very few," Regal said. "I'm looking to people like C.M. Punk and people like that to step up. The only ones who can keep up with me are of that style."

Although they never really had any feud, Regal vs Angle would have been great, IMO. As would Regal vs Jericho.

Have Regal and Jericho had a program?

Airfixx

^^^You not seen Wrestlemania 17 (or the 2 or 3 PPVs that followed...)?

Regal is THE BOMB!

Awesome wrestler, totally comfortable with the mic, get's great heat... Also has the rare ability to make you laugh even though he isn't a 'comedy heel'...

I will be forever thinking about what awesome-ness might have transpired if he'd ended up fueding with HHH as KOTR during his GM reign...

I pray he gets that GM role back once he's hung up his trunks.

Beer Money Army

thanks regal for doing drugs and making out you are really dating layla

TK.GFX

I approve of this thread.

William Regal is the shit, plain and simple...the shit. I mark every damn time him and Punk end up in the ring together, they're aren't any other matches in the WWE today that have that same awesome, just straight up brutal style of a match that Regal and Punk put on.

JurassicBonez

^^^^ Maybe I'm wrong but haven't they only had two matches? The one in the King of the Ring finals and then the one on RAW. The one on RAW sucked by the way. All that hype with people saying it was going to be a great match only to have it end like 2min. in the match. And then Stephanie says the 1st title match of 09 will not end in DQ, when it still did.

So you marked during the finals of the tortoment and then marked during that shit match on RAW? And if "they're aren't any other matches in the WWE today that have that same awesome" than two matches with one being shit, I'd refuse to watch WWE.

Oh by the way, Regal's cool.