Will the WWE eventually release Randy Orton for failing more drug tests?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He's still on his second official offense then lol, if he wasn't suspended in 07 then it doesn't count as a strike. He's been suspended once for weed in 2006, then again for whatever it was in 2012. The weed doesn't count according the way they worded it, so it's like his 1st offense in case of a termination I think.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
As a part of their publicly-revealed internal policy and with WWE being a publicly-traded United States company, if they refused to enforce said policy, they would be in violation of several statutes under the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the corporate leadership (including the members of the Board of Directors) could be charged with and tried for fraud. Now, in such an event, most of the Board would be safe, but the top members of the corporate leadership (still Vince, HHH, Laurinaitis) would all be up to be removed from their positions and possibly face jail time.

If Orton earns a third strike, he will have to be fired. If there is a limitation to how long he would have to stay fired, I am unaware of it. For appearance's sake, I'm sure it would be a length of time sufficient to show their corporate displeasure, but you also have to keep in mind that WWE is a company with a reputation (earned up to the 1990's, particularly) for playing fast and loose with the rules and one that both Vince and Linda McMahon have gone out of their way to increase its positive public perception. As high as Vince (or HHH or anybody else) might be on Orton, he's still got to play by the rules. HHH was (and probably still is) a huge fan of Jeff Hardy, but both have gone on record as saying that they would never bring Jeff back without seeing real proof of his willingness to defeat his demons.

wk

Reactions: Matt

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Wacokid27 said:
As a part of their publicly-revealed internal policy and with WWE being a publicly-traded United States company, if they refused to enforce said policy, they would be in violation of several statutes under the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the corporate leadership (including the members of the Board of Directors) could be charged with and tried for fraud. Now, in such an event, most of the Board would be safe, but the top members of the corporate leadership (still Vince, HHH, Laurinaitis) would all be up to be removed from their positions and possibly face jail time.

If Orton earns a third strike, he will have to be fired. If there is a limitation to how long he would have to stay fired, I am unaware of it. For appearance's sake, I'm sure it would be a length of time sufficient to show their corporate displeasure, but you also have to keep in mind that WWE is a company with a reputation (earned up to the 1990's, particularly) for playing fast and loose with the rules and one that both Vince and Linda McMahon have gone out of their way to increase its positive public perception. As high as Vince (or HHH or anybody else) might be on Orton, he's still got to play by the rules. HHH was (and probably still is) a huge fan of Jeff Hardy, but both have gone on record as saying that they would never bring Jeff back without seeing real proof of his willingness to defeat his demons.

wk

If someone's fired due to the third strike they can't be rehired for at least one year, that's the limit.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Leo C said:
If someone's fired due to the third strike they can't be rehired for at least one year, that's the limit.

thats not too long tbh. i would have figured longer

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Leo C said:

Thanks. I didn't know if that was for sure or if it was just what everybody was thinking.

wk

Reaction score
I could see WWE firing him if he fails a drug test within the next 5 months. There was so much controversy about him getting fired on his last recent one.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
people need to have some faith in him lol. if you had 2 strikes would you be silly enough to do it again? >.<

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Vince McMahon said:
people need to have some faith in him lol. if you had 2 strikes would you be silly enough to do it again? >.<

If you're rich as hell like him, and TNA would take you in a heartbeat? Yes.

RKO will do it again, as weed is a lol problem and his problems in the past were much more serious. Roids FTL.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Humans fuck up. Nobody here knows Randy Orton personally. In a non-biased point of view, it's possible for him to fuck up again. If he did it twice already, then there's a chance for a third time. And as Aids said, if WWE fires him, then most likely he'll go to Impact Wrestling. Maybe he is stressed out by the scheduled or something, but no matter what the case is, 2/3 strikes he has. If he fails another one then I can see them firing him, which personally, I wouldn't care.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Farooq said:
Humans F*** up. Nobody here knows Randy Orton personally. In a non-biased point of view, it's possible for him to F*** up again. If he did it twice already, then there's a chance for a third time. And as Aids said, if WWE fires him, then most likely he'll go to Impact Wrestling. Maybe he is stressed out by the scheduled or something, but no matter what the case is, 2/3 strikes he has. If he fails another one then I can see them firing him, which personally, I wouldn't care.

Shot in the heart yo.

True, no one knows Orton personally, but think again - him going TNA? He'll just fucked up his career.

Farooq

Reaction score
How would going to Impact Wrestling mess up his career? And technically he would have screwed up his own career.

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Farooq said:
How would going to Impact Wrestling mess up his career? And technically he would have screwed up his own career.

RKO in TNA make him so much irrelevant. His WWE record and lineage wouldn't be recognized. What will make Orton "click" to the TNA masses now?

Farooq

Reaction score
Being a destructive heel once more. He can pull off being that devious heel once more.