Will The Undertaker's WM streak ever end?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nick_2007

Reaction score
Taker's WrestleMania streak should never end. Undertaker's streak is very prestigious and it should never end.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^the thread is not should it end. its will it end. so in future try to answer the thread question. anyway, it is prestigious i agree, but even without the streak taker is good. still idk if i want him to win it or lose it. i just think that it wont end

J

No WWE should not end the Undertakers undefeated street...Its something thats pretty senonimous with Wrestlemania...Sure I could understand the fact that WWE could use it to get some young wrestler over...but is it really worth ending Taker's streak for that...I'm pretty sure we can lall agree the answer is No...So WWE is not dumb, I'm pretty sure Undertakers Wrestlemania Streak will never end...

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I agree, it shouldn't be ended. However if done properly with the right superstar it wouldn't be the end of the world. That being said though Cena is not the right person and I'd be pissed if it was him. But, like bkb said Taker doesn't job very often, actually never(yet for some reason he doesn't get HHH treatment, I find that strange but that's a topic for a different discussion) so I can't see it happening. Also I can't see Taker wrestling past maybe WM 26, although I think WM 25 would be a great exit for him, so it's not like he's going to be going on for so long that people will be getting pissed if he continues to dominate and do the preverable burial of talent.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
I'm going with the 'yes it should end' category.

This is professional wrestling, what's the point of having such a ridiculous record if no one can cash in on it? Granted this is the ultimate thank you to Taker who's been one of the best workers for over a decade we still got to remember that this is professional wrestling. I really doubt Taker would mind someone ending it. Someone worthy.

To all the people who even suggest that a young guy should end it is almost as ridiculous as the record itself. Ending the record is the ultimate rub and whoever receives it has to be worthy of it.

Right now no one in the WWE is worthy enough to end it, which is why he's going 16-0 or 17-0 I forgot. If they did want to end it they should build a rejuvenated Kane up and have him defeat his brother for his first real title reign. Have them feud for a couple of months then retire them both after a hellacious match. Kane deserves it, he's basically been in Undertakers shadow for his entire career.

If they would of booked Edge properly when he got back and had him have a revenge feud with Kane injuring him during the rubber match and using that for a vengeful Taker to face him for his title at WM. Would be a better road to WM instead of that useless feud with Rey. Don't even have to give Edge the win over Taker anyway, it's still a great rub for a heel. If he cheated and beat Taker at Wm then that would of been the ultimate heel rub for Edge. It's not like he had to break his current character to even do this storyline. He's the chicken shit heel who can have a backbone oh and did i forget to mention that he's also a hardcore legend, it's feasible to have him injure Kane.

ayrton

Reaction score
the dead man knows better than anyone in this business about giving back to this sport and i presume that when he finally decides to give it up he wil lose his final wrestlemania match to elevate someone to main event status.it's just a question of when that time will be.

soulbreaker

Reaction score
basically the streak won't end he will go 17-0 come WM25

Airfixx

His last Mania match, the streak ends.

As for Taker never jobbing.... 2 straight loses (inc. Hell In A Cell!) against Lesnar, hmmmm???? ...But that said, yeah... He jobs less than ANYONE and he should be eternily greatful to HHH for taking all the brunt of the 'he never jobs' bitching from so-called smart fans.

theovertaker

Reaction score
there were one person who could beat taker and hes dead ( andre the gaint ) so it'll go for his carer

Airfixx

...You mean apart from Hulk Hogan, Lesnar & Batista amongst others?

Reardless, seriously, wdf has Andre got to do with it?

In fact, thinking about Batista, I pray they don't let him end the streak as a 'thrilling climax' to their match history.

ecwrules1994

Reaction score
If Taker retires with a loss on his Mania record, that would be bad. If you want him to have an accomplishment besides world titles and what not, make him currently the only man (or so i think) who hasnt lost a match at Wrestlemania during his entire career.