Will The Undertaker's WM streak ever end?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JMay187

Reaction score
Undertaker will most def. have the perfect streak. You have to understand that he is the longest signed WWE superstar on the roster. He's been there longer than anybody. New guys come and they go, but he stays. Plus He and Vince are like best friends. Undertaker sits it on all creative meetings and does give ideas. yeah nobody says his name, but he's there. Undertaker has been with vince for 18 years. I don't think that Vince will let Undertaker lose his streak when it was his idea to give The Undertaker that streak.

No, Edge does not deserve to beat his streak.

The Rated R CMStar

I don't know why, but I have this awkard feeling:

Cena vs Taker Wrestlemania 25

With John Cena ending the streak

kingovkings

Reaction score
I think taker will keep his win streak he is a legend or will be its like flair been 16 time champ no 1 guna beat that either its a respect thing and flair and taker have been in the business years and the superstars that are in the industry now probs wont go onto wrestle at the age flair is now

The Rated R CMStar

Do you really think no one will break the 16 World Championship record?

Paul Levesque begs to differ

Reaction score
Does anyone else think it's going to be Cena that ends the streak? This is just a wild idea, that Im putting out there...

We've talked about Edge's streak (technically he's still undefeated) being the key to him ending Taker's streak, but if you look at this - what about Cena? Cena is currently 3-0 at Mania, and will be 4-0 after WM25 (c'mon, he won the rumble - he's the golden child - nobody wants him to win, so he'll win at Mania) and in a few years, I cant really see him losing anytime soon. Give it two more years, and Taker's streak has mounted to what .... 17/18-0, and Cena's will be 5/6-0.

WWE dont seem to have any problem pushing John further than he needs to go, and wouldnt that be the ultimate match up and opponent to end Taker's streak? John Cena making Taker tap, or pinning him would cause some serious controversy, and right now he seems to be the only person to end it (as much as Id love to see Edge end it).

Also, if Taker is beaten at Mania - will it be his last Mania?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^I don't see Taker's streak ending. Cena has only been in 3 mania's so that's why his "streak" hasn't been mentioned yet. I'd be surprised if Taker lasts til 18/19 Mania's. Don't be surprised if Cena doesn't win at Mania. He is shooting a movie at the moment and even though he's supercena he might not be able to handle being champion and shooting a movie. I still think HHH should win via figure 4, but that's just me. To answer your question though no I don't think Cena will end Takers streak, although your logic is good, I just don't think the streak shoudl be ended and it definitely shouldn't be ended by Cena, he just doesn't need that kind of push and personally I think it would end up hurting him because people would resent him so much if he did.

619ENRIQUE

Reaction score
Cena has been in 4 Wrestlemanias not 3
unless your talking about main events then your right

anyways i dont think Cena will end his streak
i think Edge has a good shot at ending it this year

C4

The Undertaker will loose at WrestleMania to a guy that WWE will push big time and will use a lot in the future, John Cena will be the one!

Of course he is the top babyface but still they will give him an ultimate push and make him pin The Undertaker. But if they are gonna do something big with Edge in the future then Undertaker's streak might just end this year with Edge winning over him.

But it's not really a good idea to end his WrestleMania streak, he is a big superstar and his record should live on forever at WrestleMania as the only man who never lost a match at WrestleMania!

Reaction score
^^^Exactly...Taker's streak is a record that needs to last if nor forever then definitely for a long long time. The reason for the DVD is just to make money...when Taker hangs up his boots then they will release another one complementing the whole career including once more the streakl at WM Edge shouldn't end the streak because he doesn't need the push and unless they want to push someone from lower midcard to main event....then that could be an easy way to do it....otherwise it shouldn't end....I think that's one thing that Taker would like to take with him in his retirement.....and like I've said before....he pretty much books himself

Christian

Reaction score
No. Taker's streak will never end until he retires, that'd be a horrible move by the WWE and if I was Undertaker and they told me my WM streak was going to end I'd tell em to suck a dick and jump ship from WWE.

HulkStar

If it ever does end Its going to be cuz he's jumping ship or sumthing..
And Vince wants to mess up Vince's Career so he makes him lose. If it ever happens I think Its going to be John Cena... Vince loves the kid and that would be a pretty big match

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

no takers streak will probably never ed, because in case you havent noticed, the guy does not job. never jobs clean. in fact i bet you cant name once when he jobbed clean on a ppv in the last five years. and nwo 2006 was not clean, because michaels cole wouldnt shut up aout how it was a controversial finish. and did you see his expression when he came out at summerslam 05, when he had to job to orton (not cleanly). the guy was pissed.

so in conclusion, no it will not end

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Some good points there. I agree though I can't see his streak ending ever and as I said before I don't think it would be Cena. Cena would be even more hated by fans, like the ones on this website, if he ended Takers streak. It would just be unnecissary and I don't see it happening.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

^^exactly. if cena ended takers streak the backlash would be huge from the fans. they dont need another reason to dislike cena