• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Why show WWE on sky sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett

I don't mean too offend any die hard wrestling fans in this thread. also i don't think the american posters on here are familar with sky sports but people from the UK that use this site will know what i am talking about .

What i don't understand is them showing WWE wrestling on the sky sports channels? Given that they show sports that are actually 'real' on these channels such as soccer, tennis, basketball and american football i think its a bit bizzare that they show a sport which is 'fake' and is more like a soap opera. I for one think that in the future they should move all WWE paperviews and programmes from sky sports too a more appropriate channel like sky one etc..... I think what is criminal is having too pay too watch the paper views. Lets face it WWE should be compensanting for the fact that most things in WWE are not real by allowing fans too watch wwe paperviews for free perhaps making it cheapear too watch.

Of course at the end of the day you could also aruge that you could watching wwe too admire the moves of the wrestlers since they are skilled at gymnastics and too not actually follow the storylines. Don't me wrong i really like the WWE and have been a fan since i was a kid and i dislike most sports in general.

Do you think i make a good piont about how bizzare it is showing wrestling on sky sports?

Brett

The WWE in the attitude era didn't look as out of place as it did now on sky sports. But even back then i woulden't exactley say it was appropriate too put on a big sports channel. Every time we here a microphone battle between wwe stars you then realise that your not really watching a sports programme but more like a tv drama or you could say its a semi sports programme. I think when they went PG they should have removed it from sky sports and put it on sky one.

I mean really they are showing a kids show at 2 in the morning on a major sports channel? how weird is that? WWE on sky sports really must be one of the most bizzare things in TV history. Its virtually like showing third rock from the sun on sky sports or showing a tennis match on TCM. It just makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

I wouldn't go that far. Look at all these dancing and singing shows. Look at So You Think You Can Dance. There is no point to it. That's pretty bizarre. Like I said, money, WWE is probably paying Sky Sports decent money to air their show.

Brett

Surely channels that show serious sports like soccer are under oath not too breach guidelines by showing programmes that tend too drift of the subject of sport like WWE?

Brett

Okay then so Paramount could start showing basketball as long as the national basketball association paid the channel a decent amount of money?

Dale

Super Moderator
Jesus christ you think of the most pointless, trivial shit ever. Who gives a flying fuck what channel it's on? Certainly not the WWE and certainly not Sky themselves. It's a business and if it makes good business for both parties involved then it will go on whatever channel they deem necessary.

Brett

So Dale by your logic then theere would be nothing wrong with showing eastenders on sky sports then? since its all good for buissness. I mean like you said who gives a flying fuck?

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
I wouldn't care no.

ITV is generally filled with Soaps and Drama's so why are you not complaining about Football been shown on there, or Snooker or Tennis on BBC?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
I cannot put into words how angry i am that the people @ Sky Sports would but a fake sport on the same channel as all the real sport, you know what imma do Brett i'm gonna send them an angry letter.

While i'm at it i'm gonna send the people @ channel 5 a hate letter saying can they stop showing those FAKE GAMBLING shows at 2/5 in the morning cause it's not soap or even news.

Brett

"ITV is generally filled with Soaps and Drama's so why are you not complaining about Football been shown on there, or Snooker or Tennis on BBC? "

ITV as a channel varies the programme genera's much like bbc one as well so they mix and match the type of stuff they show. And unless they rename ITV too something "the soap opera channel" i woulden't watch the channel and expect too see nothing else beside soap operas. sky sports however is all about 'sport' but the WWE is a dark horse amongst all the other things they show on that channel. That said though they do show soccer am as well on sky sports which does often drift of the topic of sport at times so maybe i am wrong?.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Of course you're wrong, you're suggesting people should be able to watch PPV's for free because it's not real for christ sake.

Are you actually being serious, or just trolling? I'd love to say you were trolling but I honestly think you believe the stuff you type.

Brett

You don't have too be rude okay and i am sorry if i don't realise the shit i post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.