Why Ryback is going to be a Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I must say, 2 squash matches in, I am very impressed with this guy. There are a few things that stuck with me though while observing his matches.

-First, hes playing a face. This is the first time in a long time I've seen a monster face debut (a serious one, not Funkus Clay) since Brock Lesnar.

-That arm gesture he does before and after each match? Simple and effective crowd participation, kind of like.... 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' I could picture the entire crowd waving their arms like push button action figures.

-We saw from NXT and New Nexus, that while he may not be the best, he can hold his own on the mic. There's always room for improvement down the road. It is possible to become a top talker if you don't possess instant natural ability. Just look how Cody Rhodes went from generic Dusty copy to a master on the mic. I think Ryback can do a lot with his old OVW gimmick and can't wait to see where it goes.

-Obvious physique. Always a plus. I think his size will propel him past Superstars show and into the IC title scene with Big Show at least. Who knows, Tensai is a heel, maybe some cross brand warfare.

My last two points were kind of generic, and could apply to anyone really. The main reasoning for my belief though is the monster face angle. It is reminiscent of Lesnar and Goldberg. If history repeats itself, Ryback is destined to be a top contender.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
HE WILL NOT!

1dad78d8f1ae8a4aeff8157d52069be0.jpg

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
Agree with the points, aswell. He's a big guy, he seems to be a face and has got a great moveset. He also reminds me of Lesnar/Goldberg.

Agree with the points, aswell. He's a big guy, he seems to be a face and has got a great moveset. He also reminds me of Lesnar/Goldberg.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Agree with all the points guy is going to be epic.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Ryback is going to be the next big thing.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
No he won't. He's more entertaining than Goldberg IMO. Go Ryback! He wrestled a dark match I saw and he got the crowd pretty hot with Mcgillicuty

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Kill Steen Kill said:
He's got potential just needs to change his attire, the singlet doesn't work imo.

It reminds me of RVD, so it turns me on a little..

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
It reminds me of RVD, so it turns me on a little..

Not sure how I'm supposed to respond to it turning you on but it does look like RVD's I'll give you that.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Kill Steen Kill said:
Not sure how I'm supposed to respond to it turning you on but it does look like RVD's I'll give you that.

Lol I got you there. :laugh:
It's kinda refreshing, everyone is in trunks these days. Even the small guys.
I'll probably never wear trunks in a ring, just doesn't feel right.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I agree with Jose we need more unique attires as trunks is a bit garbage sometimes.