Why did WWE Not try to pushing Ken Shamrock for the WWE Title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Shamrock was never good enough on the mic for a main event spot. He was lucky to get the push that he received.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Shamrock was never good enough on the mic for a main event spot. He was lucky to get the push that he received.

:wtf: HE WAS FUCKIN GREAT IN THE RING! he should have got a wwe title push.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
:wtf: HE WAS FUCKIN GREAT IN THE RING! he should have got a wwe title push.

By that logic Marty Janetty, Tito Santana, and Rick Martel should've been champion too.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Seabs said:
Sadly he was an awful promo guy.

I rather havea better wrestler a WWE Chamnpion then a guy who just talk on the mic expmle Miz

Senhor Perfect said:
By that logic Marty Janetty, Tito Santana, and Rick Martel should've been champion too.

Just b/c u can't talk on the mic does not mean u should be WWE Champion. Miz can't wrestler shit if he life departed on it and b/c he can't talk on the mic he get a WWE Champion run and a main event of WM OH HELL NO.! I take the guy who wrestler as WWE Champion over a guy who suck in the ring any day of the week! :pipebomb:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It really does in the WWE, it's the entertainment side they're into Gohan. If you want great wrestling watch PWG or NJPW.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
I rather havea better wrestler a WWE Chamnpion then a guy who just talk on the mic expmle Miz

Just b/c u can't talk on the mic does not mean u should be WWE Champion. Miz can't wrestler shit if he life departed on it and b/c he can't talk on the mic he get a WWE Champion run and a main event of WM OH HELL NO.! I take the guy who wrestler as WWE Champion over a guy who suck in the ring any day of the week! :pipebomb:

Hulk Hogan: fantastic on the mic, mediocre in the ring
Steve Austin: fantastic on the mic, at the time of his big run very limited in the ring
Miz: better on the mic than in the ring

That's the 2 biggest draws in WWE/F history and a fairly recent champ.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Hulk Hogan: fantastic on the mic, mediocre in the ring
Steve Austin: fantastic on the mic, at the time of his big run very limited in the ring
Miz: better on the mic than in the ring

That's the 2 biggest draws in WWE/F history and a fairly recent champ.

the 1st 2 fine but MIZ FUCKIN SUCK IN THE RING STOP DENIEND IT! SHAMEROCK IS WAY BETTER THEN MIZ EVER HAS BEEN! MIZ IS THE WROST WRESTLER OF ALL TIME!

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Seabs said:
It really does in the WWE, it's the entertainment side they're into Gohan. If you want great wrestling watch PWG or NJPW.

:lol1: Not on TV. FUCK ENTERAINMENT SIDE OF IT! It ok do it here and there but not the whole 2 hour and 30 min. of it and then then the last 30 is wrestler. IF I WANTED ENTERAINMENT I will go watched lizard lick towing!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Because he sucked on the mic and because there were other guys more over than him (Austin, Rock, Triple H, Foley, etc.) who were taking up room in the main event scene. There's only so much room at the top.

And regardless of being a legit bad ass in real life, I always laughed or felt very non-threatened when he would do his little scream where he was supposed to have snapped. Tank Abbott was also supposed to be a legit bad ass in real life and a UFC shoot fighter but he also looked like he could have played the part of Gillberg. When Vince Russo suggested giving Tank the world title in WCW, I hear it was one of the last ever (terrible) ideas he gave to them before they showed him the door for good.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Respect Gohan6425 said:
IF I WANTED ENTERAINMENT I will go watched lizard lick towing!

What kind of fetishes do you have?!?! :cornette:

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Shamrock was good no doubt, it's just that there were other people there who were just better than him. I do think that he could have been WWE Champion at one point, but there were just others who were better for it.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I think promo/charisma was the main factor. Still the guy was a legit beast in the ring and they could of pushed him further if they gave him a manager.

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Pop Tatari said:
I think promo/charisma was the main factor. Still the guy was a legit beast in the ring and they could of pushed him further if they gave him a manager.

Curious now who would you have had manage him? Heyman could have been incredible but he was obviously working in Philly so he's out. Lawler running his mouth as Ken torqued on the Ankle could have worked if you're going down the heel route.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Curious now who would you have had manage him? Heyman could have been incredible but he was obviously working in Philly so he's out. Lawler running his mouth as Ken torqued on the Ankle could have worked if you're going down the heel route.

Well, Shamrock was part of the Corporation at one point, which Shane McMahon was apart of. After the Corporate Ministry was split apart, Shane could have been at his side as his manager. For some reason, I can easily picture Shane going around with Shamrock and after winning a match, him yelling for Shamrock to then finish the guy off by breaking his ankle. Unfortunately, Shamrock's career wouldn't last long after the CM broke apart.