Why Did Punk Lose To People's Elbow?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
K, lay down on the cement sidewalk so I can drop my elbow on your chest. See how much of a pussy move it is.

Let me drive my knee into your face and see how "mark" of a move that is. The Rock doesn't even make it look good anymore, it's only used for the audience pop.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yes, driving your knee into your opponents face would hurt, but no one's going to take the time to put their opponent on their shoulders, and then try and do that. Easily blockable, if we're getting technical, the Codebreaker is a much better knee to face move.

But hey, it's fucking WRESTLING. Who gives a rat's ass if the move would really hurt.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
A knee to the face I can walk away from, but when that elbow drops, your head could bounce off the cement, good chance of some serious brain damage among other injuries.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Let me drive my knee into your face and see how "mark" of a move that is. The Rock doesn't even make it look good anymore, it's only used for the audience pop.

So tell me, why the fuck is anything used in wrestling if it isn't for that?

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
A knee to the face I can walk away from, but when that elbow drops, your head could bounce off the cement, good chance of some serious brain damage among other injuries.

With all due respect, that sounds ridiculous. I have taking many elbow drops and never once has my head bounced.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
With all due respect, that sounds ridiculous. I have taking many elbow drops and never once has my head bounced.

If it's from actual wrestling with your friends, you'd be prepared, but if you in a street fight, you may not be so much. Rock Bottom to the ground would hurt like hell, then an elbow, that could be the finish.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
If it's from actual wrestling with your friends, you'd be prepared, but if you in a street fight, you may not be so much. Rock Bottom to the ground would hurt like hell, then an elbow, that could be the finish.

That right there is the Golden Sentence. If the Rock Bottom precedes the Elbow Drop, then yes, let it finish it, but the Rock didn't even do the Rock Bottom. He did it once, outside the ring, some time before the finish. The Rock bottom I think is more iconic. If he would have hit the Rock Bottom THEN the Peoples Elbow it would have been a much better finish.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
That right there is the Golden Sentence. If the Rock Bottom precedes the Elbow Drop, then yes, let it finish it, but the Rock didn't even do the Rock Bottom. He did it once, outside the ring, some time before the finish. The Rock bottom I think is more iconic. If he would have hit the Rock Bottom THEN the Peoples Elbow it would have been a much better finish.

I don't think you quite know the business. Why would people lose to the Tombstone Piledriver? All that is is dropping someone on their head. It's because it's an iconic finisher. Much like the People's Elbow, there is no such thing as realistic finishers in WWE.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The Tombstone is brilliant. All Piledrivers look like they do some legit damage and they do. I think almost all piledrivers are banned now, actually.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And the only reason the Tombstone isn't is because Undertaker keeps the opponents head like a foot from the ground for safety because the piledriver is one of the stupidest moves in wrestling. Just ask Steve Austin.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Both the GTS and the Elbow would hurt.

They are both finishers and that's why one of them was used to "FINISH" the match. It's was done for years so why would it suddenly stop.

Do I like Punk yes. Do I agree with the Rock being back no. Do I think this thread is getting out of hand yes.

Tapout you talk about how you can only voice your opinion if the majority agree. Well I think everyone knows where you stand. The thing is they don't agree so they're VOICING their opinion too. The only one that said anything to you was Deezy calling you a mark (a very minor insult and no i'm not warning him for his thinking you're a mark) this is no reason to get bitchy with Chris RRS (who are actually stating that both moves hurt) or the forum as a whole(which I take offense too).

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I don't see why there is an argument here to begin with....Edge has won dozens of time with a spear and with him it didn't even look threatening, the guy's built like Jughead Jones ffs. I mean with a guy like Goldberg it looked frightening of course, but with Edge? No. Point is that it's a finisher and as the name indicates it's meant to "finish". If you want 100% accurate reality you should be watching documentary films, not WWE or any other kind of TV for entertainment.

BTW the only finishers that look legit brutal are the submission maneuvers, i.e Walls of Jericho, Figure four leg lock, crossface, sharpshooter etc.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Movesets are for mark.

Fuck sakes you'd be lucky to even have a finisher on the indy scene.

Some people leanr better learn dome pro-rasslin before they decide to have n opinion.