Why a Workrate Prioritized Product Cannot Draw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
If you don't watch the product - you aren't the audience. Saying otherwise just makes you sound like a 3 year old in kindergarten

No, those who do not watch ARE the target audience, not the hardcore fanatical base who already are watching.

In business you never cater to a niche, you try to expand and get your biggest audience possible.

My and millions and millions of people who stopped watching shouldn’t be ignore so that a small hardcore fanatical base of 2 million people remaining can be catered to.

Thats not how it works.

You don’t cater to the fanatic in 1999 who says Dean Malenko should be champion instead The Rock, you cater to the millions and millions who don’t care about in ring and want Rock as champion over Malenko.

Because I don't live in America - I have no say one when it comes to American Promotions? What absolute nonsense are you talking about? The English language comes from England so on your basis I would suggest you stop using it - because you have zero say when it comes to the language.

Doesn’t matter about the language. We’re talking about culture.

American doesn’t have the same culture as Japan and UK, hence why Japanese wrestling doesn’t draw in the states.

A company has to appeal to its culture. Hulkamania and the Attitude era were apart of American pop culture and were booming in the United States before other countries took notice.

I listen to Jim Cornette's youtube channel, more than four hours a week. Is that obsessive or is it cool?

Too much, plus Cornette doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Im subscribed to Russo’s brand, he’s the only sensible guy left in the business. I watch CTM once a week

• Sad
Reactions: Swamps

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I disagree with you about Russo. The dude completely finished sinking WCW. I mean, it was already sinking but he dumped a lot more water on the ship.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
you're a zealot. period.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
I disagree with you about Russo. The dude completely finished sinking WCW. I mean, it was already sinking but he dumped a lot more water on the ship.

Nope, Russo increased WCW ratings when it was impossible to do so after the failure and irreparable damage of Bischoff in 1999.

And there’s nothing anyone can do to change that fact, numbers are concrete.

you're a zealot. period.

No, you are. You want them to cater to less than 2 million smarks, over the 5+ million who stopped watching.

Thats entitled gatekeeping.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
How am I gatekeeping? What the fuck are you even talking about? You know very little about what I like to watch and don't watch. You are playing victim - but seriously why did you join this website if you are just going to bitch.

RLStern

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
How am I gatekeeping? What the fuck are you even talking about? You know very little about what I like to watch and don't watch. You are playing victim - but seriously why did you join this website if you are just going to bitch.

By arguing against catering to real fans/casuals.

It wasn’t the niche Indy fanbase who tuned into Raw Is War, Smackdown, Nitro and Thunder during the late 90s/early 2000s, it was the 5+ million who no longer watch anymore, who screamed their lungs off and tuned in every single week back then.

I don’t care if someone watched the product nonstop since 2002, they have absolutely zero authority or seniority over the 5+ million who watched from 1984-1992 and 1998-2002.

It’s a discussion forum. Professional Wrestling is on life support, of course I’m gonna complain, until it’s fixed.

Last edited:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
And you think that focusing on in ring work is the sole reason for wrestling’s decline lmao.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
There are no characters today, only a handful select and even with the small amount it’s bad characters
What? The entire business is full of goofy gimmicks.....you know "characters".

If you're looking at this as a personality trait, make that known.

Because if it's a personality trait.....the amount of alleged rapists and predators seem to be as abundant today ad it ever was.....those crazy characters 8D

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
What? The entire business is full of goofy gimmicks.....you know "characters".

If you're looking at this as a personality trait, make that known.

Because if it's a personality trait.....the amount of alleged rapists and predators seem to be as abundant today ad it ever was.....those crazy characters 8D

Um no. Even Cornette said the girls were safer in the locker rooms in the 1980s and 1990s. Most of the guy's that get into trouble are those little simp beta wrestlers today, who ain't got no game.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Um no. Even Cornette said the girls were safer in the locker rooms in the 1980s and 1990s. Most of the guy's that get into trouble are those little simp beta wrestlers today, who ain't got no game.

Yeah they were really safe with Moolah pimping them out (allegedly)

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Allegedly? Moolah told me herself that she was also pimped while she was trainin'. It was just apart of the women's side of wrestlin' back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.