• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who should take on Taker?

ben.waller

Reaction score
I agree with everyone about Taker-HBK.

But I reckon HBK will be forced (by JBL, because he wusses out) to defend JBL's career against Taker, (in a Taker-JBL feud, JBL will need to retire soon anyways...), but HBK still needs money, so he has to defend it for JBL...

Also with Taker's streak on the line, there will be even more added pressure and heat on the situation!

Airfixx

JBL's too smart to put his career on the line against taker (of all people) AND in the hands of someone else (i.e. HBK), but there something in that idea I like....

[Adopting a rather more playfull viewpoint...]

What happens to HBK once JBLs career ends though? ...HBK would still be contracted to JBL and he'd prob just be kept away from the ring by JBL... LOL, if we made this Takers WM retirement match and he retired with his streak in tact, WWE could retire 3 guys in one singles match!!! :grin:

While MVP should indeed get his push, going from 5 month losing streak to ending the streak of the Deadman in less than a month is too much.

Besides, ending the streak of Taker would indeed give MVP a big amount of heat....that he never would be able to take away from himself.

He would always be condemned to be a heel.

Fair play, now thinking of it, it would be too much. Although someone like MVP I can never see being a face anyway, although he probably will be at some point. I disagree with MVP not being able to become Face because of it. Look at Triple H.

noumenon

MVP also isn't as over as HHH, so it's harder for him to shake off heel heat. The only reason he's starting to get a face reaction is the sympathy factor of him losing for months. I'm sure he'll do alright as a face for a little bit... I can't see it lasting too long, the guy is a natural heel.

The Rated R CMStar

MVP is already a face, so you can start picturing him as one.

HHH hasn't ended the most coveted streak in sports entertainment. If he did, I guarantee fans will immediately turn on him.

The streak should only be ended by someone the WWE has absolutely no plans on letting him be a face. Someone like Edge. If not, the next choice would be Randy Orton, as he could end the streak, come out as a heel he would still get cheers :shifty:

But mostly anyone who ends the streak will get heat for the rest of his career.

noumenon

^lol at the Orton comment.

But yeah, it would have to be done for a sure shot heel. It would almost be like HBK wrestling in Canada every single day... :)

There's so many other ways to get legit heat on people I really don't think sacrificing something like Taker's streak would be worth it.

Orndorff#1

Reaction score
I for one don't want the streak to end. After years of hard work by Taker, I think he deserves to go out on a high. There is room for sentiment, even in the entertainment business. If it was to happen would hate for it to be Edge. With the way things are going, the win would not be a clean one and that sucks. Orton ending the streak would add to an already silly Legend Killer line. if it was anyone it would have to HBK althoug i don't know how it would benefit the company with him retiring some time in the near future.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
MVP is already a face, so you can start picturing him as one.

HHH hasn't ended the most coveted streak in sports entertainment. If he did, I guarantee fans will immediately turn on him.

The streak should only be ended by someone the WWE has absolutely no plans on letting him be a face. Someone like Edge. If not, the next choice would be Randy Orton, as he could end the streak, come out as a heel he would still get cheers :shifty:

But mostly anyone who ends the streak will get heat for the rest of his career.

Not Necessarily, i thought whoever ended the carear of Ric Flair would get heat forever but HBK hasn't, i think it depends, someone the next week could gie him loads f respect or someone could boast about it and get heat.

The Rated R CMStar

Retiring Ric Flair was not the same.

1) Most people already know that Ric Flair was retiring, while with the streak nobody knows if it is ending or not.

2) The angle was presented in such a way that Ric Flair WANTED HBK to end his career. In fact, in Raw, HBK got boos, until he hugged with Ric Flair, showing Flair himself was satisfied with that happened.

Hardcastle

Reaction score
I think the streak shouldn't be ended, a good victory over taker is already important and makes the guy look good, the end of the strak is not needed. And Orton or Edge are not good choices, they're the biggest heels today, they don't need that to get over, a younger guy would be a better choice, but I don't see who right now.

seX-Power

The streak should never end, imo, it is not worth giving such a huge rub to someone and then risking them screwing his chance up. Possibly down the line it could be MVP after a heel turn but not for a while. As for Wrestlemania 25, I see either HBK or HHH taking on Taker, and I would much prefer the former. Umaga would be great, but Shawn vs Taker would be somthing really special.

imported_Eugster

Reaction score
I can see HBK taking on Taker but I doubt he will win although I would love to see him win. The only person I can see ever ending the streek is Ted DiBiase

Orndorff#1

Reaction score
The streak should never end, imo, it is not worth giving such a huge rub to someone and then risking them screwing his chance up. Possibly down the line it could be MVP after a heel turn but not for a while. As for Wrestlemania 25, I see either HBK or HHH taking on Taker, and I would much prefer the former. Umaga would be great, but Shawn vs Taker would be somthing really special.

I can't see why people are such a rap for MVP. I personally see nothing interesting in his character and he doesnt have the in ring charisma or explosiveness that others have. It would be the biggest travesty of all time if he ended the streak. HBK vs Taker is the only way to go so I agree with you there.

For those who want the end of the streak to create the next superstar, there is no one in the ranks who deserves that accolade.

big slow

Reaction score
Imo......

M.V.P

It's just the match MVP needs to boost him up to the Main Event (where he needs/is supposed to be) The match would be epic. MVP as a face, defeats Taker, causing him to retire ending his streak. Instanct Mega Heel. He spits in Taker's face, as he goes to shake MVP's hand.

But NO Taker delivering a Tomb Stone after the spitting incident. Just Taker walking away, as MVP gets the most ridiculous amount of heat you are likely to see.

just in case you didn't know, mvp is cornier than the shit that comes out of my ass! He sucks, and looks stupid!! Why does he always say " ballin? " He fucking can't even play basketball, he's a puss!