Who needs a new finisher?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

^^whats the 619? the drop kick inflicts more pain that the 619 does...even when i was a kid, the move bugged me all the time.

phantomgerald

Cm punk needs something about than GTS. He can barely lift Morrison up, how can he possibly lift someone like Marcus Cor Von.

Hitman

Reaction score
CM Punk needs a new finishing move cause that GTS (Go To Sleep) is KENTA move

Dairydude

Reaction score
Edge should go back to using the Buzzkiller

Khali just needs a finisher full stop

Masters could use an alternate. Like a dragon suplex or something full-nelsonish

Oasis

Reaction score
London really needs a finisher. Yeah i agree that Umaga, Cody, and MVP need new finishers. And Punk should seriously stop using the GTS, because he always seems to botch it.....

Reaction score
I think that Khali definitely needs a new finisher or they need to get one on him thats not as dumb. Cena, eh, MVP definitely, Booker, he needs to go back to the spinaroonie Booker T days!!! Umaga could use a new one other than the kick or the spike.

They wont let Kane use the tombstone. I believe they only let undertaker do the tombstone. Its the whole piledriver/steve austin thing that they dont let the piledrivers go anymore. I just dont think they let Kane use it.

Flair is going to retire and the figure 4 leg lock has been a part of the Nature Boy thing since 1963. Dont think they are going to change it now, especially since Flair is retiring.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I think if Cody Rhodes is gonna be pushed at all he really needs a finisher. I cant even recall if Ive ever seen him use a finisher??

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Cena needs like a Piledriver finisher, just to make the crowd go "HOLY SHIT". How about a Samoan Driver?

And the "STF-U" looks weak as piss. Lou Thesz must be rolling in his grave every time someone taps out to that. Maybe a Crossface variation?

And I agree Punk, MVP, and Cody all need decent finishers...

btman

Reaction score
MVP, I cried when he pinned Benoit and Kane with it. It was pathetic.

Khali, I don't mind the slam... The Chop is stupid... And the grasp of the head, is lame..

Mark Henry... The bearhug I don't ever see as something being won with at a Wrestlemania.

Charlie Haas needs to win a match with some finisher...

Balls Mahoney...

And Cody Rhodes needs to think of one stat.

And Batista... Either that or Batista Bomb better.

Bobby Lashley needs to do the Dominator again.

And finally... CM Punk. And maybe John Morrison..

Reaction score
CM Punk: The GTS is not a good finisher move, I would like him to keep it in his moveset but not as his finisher, The running knee to the face looks more powerful than the GTS and I dont like the way he does it, He always turns and faces the camera when he picks them up which doesnt look great because it is not a split minute move like a spear or rko.

MVP: The Playmaker is a terrible finisher, A terrible move, it hurts MVP more than it hurts his opponments, I would like to see MVP use the running boot as his finisher move because that looks much more powerful than the playmaker or just give MVP a new finisher move that at least looks like it hurts his opponments.

Santino Marrell: He does not have a finisher move, His finisher move actually is the roll up pin seeing that Santino is turning heel If the WWE arnt going to give him a finisher move at least we can see him hit some low blows.

Balls Mahoney & Cody Rhodes: Both dont have finisher's and I would like to see at least one for Cody, Ball's is finished in my mind and should continue jobbing to future talent while Rhodes needs a finisher, Maybe some sort of Splash from Rhodes would be alright for him from the top rope.

Chris Masters: Should keep the Masterlock but he needs a power finisher move maybe a big slam or something like that.

The A-man

Reaction score
Who, in your opinion really needs a new finisher?

I think MVP is in desperate need of a new finisher. I mean come on The Playmaker? Whats up with that? He puts his leg on the back of your neck. falls and lands on his knee??? WTH!!!! You get no impact at all. So if he is going to be pushed at all he really needs a new finisher, not one that is gonna dislocate his own kneecap.

Okay, first things first. Read this Y2J and Australian Champion asborb its infinite knownledge......
MVP: The Playmaker is a terrible finisher, A terrible move, it hurts MVP more than it hurts his opponments, I would like to see MVP use the running boot as his finisher move because that looks much more powerful than the playmaker or just give MVP a new finisher move that at least looks like it hurts his opponments.
How in the hell is that surposed to "hurt MVP more than it hurts his opponments". A big boot wouldn't fit his character either.

.....seriously, MVP doesn't need a new finisher if the one he currently uses FINISHES his opponents. He already has credible wrestling skill and charisma anyways. Besides, he has two.....the other being an....
Wikipedia said:
Emerald Frosion
This is a sitout side powerslam in which the wrestler lifts the opponent up on his left shoulder like in a Front powerslam. The wrestler wraps his right arm around the opponent's neck, and the left arm around the opponent's torso. The wrestler then sits down while flipping the opponent forward to the right side of him, driving the opponent neck and shoulder first into the mat.

The move was named by Mitsuharu Misawa but there is no direct translation into English for his Japanese language name for the move, "エメラルドフロウジョン (Emeraludo Furoujon)". Emerald Frosion is the most common English name, as it's the closest to the pronunciation, but Emerald Flowsion has been used on official NOAH merchandise. Another commonly used translation is Emerald Fusion.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I've only seen a few of MVP matches but he SERIOUSLY needs a new finisher.

The Overdrive/Playermaker is a finisher for rookie wrestlers, I mean ROOKIE wrestlers, I'm talking about they just finished learning the basics and they get a book of basic finishers and its the second one below The Splash.

From what I've briefly read Cody Rhodes needs one, thats for sure, he should take after his father. The Bionic Elbow. Santino. Umm how about the armbar he used when he was in OVW? CM Punk. He has never really had a finisher besides the Pepsi Plunge, the GTS isn't his and the Anaconda Vice is an old school submission. He should stick to the GTS. Khali. He's a monster, monsters don't do technically finishers.

Acideyez

Reaction score
I'm going to say Carlito. Just the simple fact that if he messed that up by just the tiniest amount he could seriously injure someone for the rest of thier life. Not only that I don't think it's that cool. I dunno what to really switch him to,but anything is better than that. I'd also like to see Masters perform the Torture Rack as his finisher. He's already very Luger esque might as well go the full length.Just please don't ever have him do the flying forearm lol

Ed_cena

Reaction score
mvp-the playmaker looks weak,he needs a new finisher.
santino,cody and mark henry the bearshit looks really gay, the old one is better.