Who long until WWE vs. TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Old School ECW 27

Reaction score
how long or do u ever think WWE and TNA will face off? just like when WCW and ECW went out?

I'm thinking about 3-4 years until TNA gets bigger fan base, and really becomes a threat to WWE

post what u think

Reaction score
I think this is a ridiculous thread because we all know WWE has been around about 5 decades longer than TNA. TNA needs to stop pushing the same talent and give their new talent and better talent the pushes they deserve!

P.S: ECW will never go "Old School"... NEVER AGAIN! ECW is now locked into the cage known as World Wrestling Entertainement...Deal with it...

PeepShow

Dont make a new thread for this. Post what YOU think in the TNA vs WWE thread. Then maybe we will respond to that.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
The WWE Vs. TNA thread is about which is better, not whether or not they will have open war like with WCW. This is a valid thread, so stop shooting down the new guy.

WWE will never have a war with TNA because, frankly, they're scared of TNA. TNA has constantly made threats and challenges on screen, but WWE refuses to acknowledge TNA's existence. They don't want to risk giving TNA more ratings by mentioning them on screen. It's kind of sad, really.

J

I'm a bit TNA fan...and i hate to say it...but i have a feeling it will be a while before TNA is even ready to go against WWE...That is unless they change the way there going...because its not helping them one bit...

Christian

Reaction score
I'm a bit TNA fan...and i hate to say it...but i have a feeling it will be a while before TNA is even ready to go against WWE...That is unless they change the way there going...because its not helping them one bit...

I don't know about that. A few months ago, I'd of agreed with you. But in the past, let's say month? TNA is on the up and up.. While WWE just let down their fans BIG TIME with Chris Jericho not returning at Cyber Sunday/October 22nd.. TNA just signed a huge name (Booker T) and just had, I'd say, the best pay-per-view of the year (Genesis)

Gooooo TNA@@@@

circle

Reaction score
I think it depends on what TNA does in 2008 b/c they'll have a full year of Impact for 2 hours. If it goes well then I can say 2009 maybe the year they start some preliminary fueds and potshots.

Travis40

All sheepness aside from me, I honestly don't think it'll ever happen. TNA will always be the 2nd best...just like they are now. I hate to say it, but we'll never see WWE vs. TNA head to head, Raw vs. Impact. If they did that...(all sheepness aside) Raw would blow Impact out of the water.

PeepShow

All sheepness aside from me, I honestly don't think it'll ever happen. TNA will always be the 2nd best...just like they are now. I hate to say it, but we'll never see WWE vs. TNA head to head, Raw vs. Impact. If they did that... (all sheepness aside) Raw would blow Impact out of the water.

No Comment. I think Ill stay out of this one after that comment. I dont want to get everyone all riled up about this, so I justed wanted to come in here and keep an eye on Tarvis.

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
The WWE Vs. TNA thread is about which is better, not whether or not they will have open war like with WCW. This is a valid thread, so stop shooting down the new guy.

WWE will never have a war with TNA because, frankly, they're scared of TNA. TNA has constantly made threats and challenges on screen, but WWE refuses to acknowledge TNA's existence. They don't want to risk giving TNA more ratings by mentioning them on screen. It's kind of sad, really.

If you owned a business, would you advertise your rival? It's not sad that WWE doesn't acknowledge TNA, it's smart. Gawd, TNA is a tiny speck on the mainstream rader. To most people WWE = Wrestling.

I like TNA but there's no way in hell Vince is worried about TNA. Maybe, if they directly compete with him he might care. To Vince, and to a lot of fans, TNA must seem like a dog that has been fed scraps off the big plate that the WWE eats of. Meaning, they get all the rejects and even the network that the WWE left to go to a better one.

Travis40

No Comment. I think Ill stay out of this one after that comment. I dont want to get everyone all riled up about this, so I justed wanted to come in here and keep an eye on Tarvis.

Okay, I said that because....Impact right now = 1.1....Raw right now = 3.5....if they went head to head next week...what would happen? Raw would beat the living hell out of TNA. That's just the facts...there would be no way that TNA would beat Raw in ratings next week head to head if it were to happen. That's why I made that comment

Enigma22

Reaction score
i dont think it could be anytime soon. maybe in 5 years tna could have a bigger fan base but the wwe is to established as the main wrestling company in the u.s. tna will never be as big as that.

The Rated R CMStar

In 5 years, TNA will probably have a smaller fan base and the second promotion behind WWE will be ROH. Why? Sting is gone this or the next year, Kurt Angle I am pretty sure will not be around in 5 years, and since they have no development system, and ROH has practically signed every member of their promising roster to contract, TNA will have to push their current midcard, and call me what you want, but I am nothing excited about a main event of Roode, Storm, Joe, Cage and Harris.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
for the record i bet we will see an ROH vs TNA war before we see WWE and TNA duke it out. but thats my opinion...

especially since ROH already rapes them in PPV buys and DVD sales, besides that TNA's fan base has grown at all for like the last 2 years(they are always getting a 1 or a 1.1) where as more and more people are getting behind ROH...

The Rated R CMStar

Agreed, in fact, I would be more scared in a ROH vs WWE war than in a WWE vs TNA war.