Who Is Fit To Carry The IC Title After Cody Rhodes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
There is something that I am aware of, that no one here has the inside track to know.

I won't tip my hand B/C it could effect my status at the Dallas DNC, but in short: It's about to unfold and culminate in April.

I expect a lot of people here to have there minds blown.

But I dont want any of you to eat your words. I am just waiting for the shock.

I don't know what Dallas DNC, and to be honest i don't care and will never care unless it effects wrestling, I won't have my mind blown because i don't give a fuck. And what does this have to do with Cody and the Prestige he has brought back to the IC title.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
So a couple of things to answer for you. Best Champion in the past 11 years. Wrong.

Morrison was great with it and really lost it in my opinion because of all the other issues he started having.
JBL whose a fucking champ with any belt and had some great matches with Rey for that very belt putting them both pretty far up their.
Benjamin who whether he went on to better things or not was helluva champ.
Orton carried it for a half year in 03with a pretty entertaining reign.
Lance Storm had a brief run with it.
Triple H held it multiple times in the early 00’s which gives it credibility sense he was a main eventer sluming it putting younger guys over.

Next IC Champ I know this guy has lost his only match in WWE but I really feel that God is the only person that could touch Cody Rhodes at this point.

Seriously though I would think that the best person to take it off him would be Dibiase at this point. It'd be the best story to tell and Dibiase deserves it just as much as Rhodes ever did.

I disagree with this. Rhodes has done a lot better since the split of Legacy and part of this has been because of him. Although some didn't like his gimmicks I think none of us can deny the fact that he's played them well and done an extremely job with all of them. DiBiase really hasn't done the same and him copying his fathers gimmick failed miserably when he could of took the gimmick and done something really good with it. I think he should have it but not just yet, he needs some more work and I think the feud with Hunico is the beginning of this but he needs someone big to feud with before titles, something similar as what Rhodes did with DiBiase.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Part 1 of 2

The reason most of you are going to be shocked, is B/C your opinions are totally based on your subjective veiwing of the product your watching, with no care or understanding of what the WWE truely is and how they make descisions, and why they are made.

So your opinions on Rhodes is completly fixed on the "Now".

You think that what you are currently seeing must the ultimate goal, untill the "Glass Ceiling" wrestlers are beyond their wrestling prime.

That is not how it works.

The WWE is completly driven on business trends and not driven by a wrestler's ability to wrestle at a high level.

Your prime is based soley on the financial success of the company at the time you are "leading" the product. When veiwers start to leave, as they have been over the past 2 years, your prime is over.

The WWE may have a fixed rate advertising sum regarding the durration of their TV contract, But their IPO value is not fixed.

The IPO value of a company is the sole determination of that company's worth.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Give Santino a good run. He is a underrated wrestler and he adds a great comedy to the show

Chadillac

Reaction score
Part 2 of 2:

The WWE's main responsibility is to the share holders.

That is why House hold veiwership average, PPV buys, and Attendnace figures are released quarterly. It gives an assesment of the company's health so the current and potentail share holders can make a proper descision on whether to sell or buy stock.

When These numbers go down, the IPO value depreciates and the over all net worth of the company goes down. And sell offs hapen. The WWE does not want this to happen.

So now they are about o go full steam with "refreshing" the product and transition away from the current stars who are not driving business up.

They will not be disregarded, but they will have a different role to play in 2012. This is going to be a huge transition year much like '97 and '05.

Cody is going to be a major part in that for SD. That is why he has not been defending his IC title in long mid card feuds. But rather in programs with stars who can elevate him. By April, everyone here will see what I am saying.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
People are focusing on the now because you said Cody is the best I.C champion in the past 10 plus years RIGHT NOW. You never said he will be one day the best I.C champion in a long time you said he is already. I would have less issue with what you said had you explain how he is or is gonna bring prestige to the title and how if they do this that and this that he could be the best I.C champ we had in a while. Instead you just came out with your all hail Cody stuff not listening to anyone else's opinions while expecting people to listen to yours and agree with them. So instead of attempting to try and "school" people on how the business works or whatever which is silly just explain and back your position on your original topic on why you feel the way you feel.

I actually like Cody and think he only has great things coming to him for years to come if he keeps working hard to improve more but shit you're making me lose interest in the guy more and more by each post you make on him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Part 2 of 2:Cody is going to be a major part in that for SD. That is why he has not been defending his IC title in long mid card feuds. But rather in programs with stars who can elevate him. By April, everyone here will see what I am saying.

Seems like WWE booking, and in April we will see that what hes gonna be world champ, MITB beat taker @ WM. do you work for the WWE or someone who works with the WWE, you a a psychic, have a time time machine or my favourite sleeping with someone at the WWE.

please don't pretend you can't read this and skip it.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Seems like WWE booking, and in April we will see that what hes gonna be world champ, MITB beat taker @ WM. do you work for the WWE or someone who works with the WWE, you a a psychic, have a time time machine or my favourite sleeping with someone at the WWE.

please don't pretend you can't read this and skip it.

No, Common Scence does not come in the form of any of those things you said. You either have it, or you dont.

I am very business educated, along with my degree in Government, (Poli Sci) and have a very good understading of how descisions are made. I am able to say these things with 100% confidence B/C I don't veiw WWE in the context of what I am seeing on my TV.

I do know what 2012 will look like on a general basis, not specificly, but I can tell you that by April, You will realise everything I am saying is accurate.

No Cody won't be doing all of those things you said, but he is going to out pace your expectations enough to blow your mind.

Im very pragmatic.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
No, Common Scence does not come in the form of any of those things you said. You either have it, or you dont.

I am very business educated, along with my degree in Government, (Poli Sci) and have a very good understading of how descisions are made. I am able to say these things with 100% confidence B/C I don't veiw WWE in the context of what I am seeing on my TV.

I do know what 2012 will look like on a general basis, not specificly, but I can tell you that by April, You will realise everything I am saying is accurate.

No Cody won't be doing all of those things you said, but he is going to out pace your expectations enough to blow your mind.

Im very pragmatic.

now i may not be business educated like you but i don't think thats how you spell it. And i'm not gonna lie this post made you seem more like an asshole then you already look like, tou know those asshole who only care about the money and number then how fun wrestling should be. Those asshole that wish they could of got into movies or music but Vince wanted to hire a yes man with no wrestling knowledge but is only good at looking a papers and telling which number is bigger.

Thats my opinion but hey, it not FACTS.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Come on them smartass, stop beating around the bush being Mr Cryptic and ducking peoples posts that you don't have an answer to.

You have 100 confidence in how the WWE makes it decisions because apparently you're so in the know, so tell me how the WWE looks in 2012 to you. Don't come back with the usual 95% gibberish you usually post that doesn't relate to the subject in hand, just tell me how the WWE is looking so I know whether or not to bother watching anymore.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously I'm a huge Cody mark but every time Chad makes a post it puts me off Rhodes.

Chadillac

Reaction score
now i may not be business educated like you but i don't think thats how you spell it. And i'm not gonna lie this post made you seem more like an asshole then you already look like, tou know those asshole who only care about the money and number then how fun wrestling should be. Those asshole that wish they could of got into movies or music but Vince wanted to hire a yes man with no wrestling knowledge but is only good at looking a papers and telling which number is bigger.

Thats my opinion but hey, it not FACTS.

You are not perfect at spelling, and I am a horrible speller. I never said I was an English major, But I did have to pass 4 comprehension and rhetoric classes, in which was my lowest grade. I would have had a 4.0 major had it not been for the Comp & Rhet classes. But I pulled out with a 3.8 overall.

Anyway, I won't be looking like an asshole in due time. I respect every person regardless, but debate is what I live for and I don't relent.

It's all in fun.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Come on them smartass, stop beating around the bush being Mr Cryptic and ducking peoples posts that you don't have an answer to.

You have 100 confidence in how the WWE makes it decisions because apparently you're so in the know, so tell me how the WWE looks in 2012 to you. Don't come back with the usual 95% gibberish you usually post that doesn't relate to the subject in hand, just tell me how the WWE is looking so I know whether or not to bother watching anymore.

I layed out a 2 part analysis on explaining the truth to everyone. Everything you need to know is in there.

And a true Cody fan is loyal beyond what someone else has to say.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I'm a true Cody fan but I don't act like a douche, cream over everything he does, and have the gayest picture of him as my sig.

Thread close to save you from embarrassing yourself even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.