Who Is Fit To Carry The IC Title After Cody Rhodes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
It would be like me saying Kane is the greatest world champ of all time when clearly he is not he was a decent world champ but not a great one.

Chadillac

Reaction score
It wasn't any of those things, I just said what many have wanted to say to you since your first post.

My dude, They didnt say it B/C most people are not that vicious. Even If they felt that way, you dont say those thing to someone. I would never tell you how to do your job, you have obviously been a great asset to the site or you wouldn't be in the position you in.

But, With all do deference, I think you know that part of your role in leadership of a great site like this, is to set a posative tone. One post like that could deginerate into a thread full of horrible comments. And some might end up going to far and get themselves banned.

I want to make a posative contribution to this site. Not only in going to the larger sites and sending out PM advertisments for this site to help it's membership base grow, but by buying a VIP membership like a lot of others here who wanted to contibute to a growing site.

Debate is fine, Lets keep it there.

I get everyones' point. Sorry.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
My dude, They didnt say it B/C most people are not that vicious. Even If they felt that way, you dont say those thing to someone. I would never tell you how to do your job, you have obviously been a great asset to the site or you wouldn't be in the position you in.

But, With all do deference, I think you know that part of your role in leadership of a great site like this, is to set a posative tone. One post like that could deginerate into a thread full of horrible comments. And some might end up going to far and get themselves banned.

I want to make a posative contribution to this site. Not only in going to the larger sites and sending out PM advertisments for this site to help it's membership base grow, but by buying a VIP membership like a lot of others here who wanted to contibute to a growing site.

Debate is fine, Lets keep it there.

I get everyones' point. Sorry.
Well please just open your eyes and realise that Cody Rhodes isn't the be all and end all and his time will eventually come.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Who is fit to carry the Intercontinental Title after Cody Rhodes?

Pretty much anyone. Mid-card titles are used to build and groom stars.

Chadillac

Reaction score
It would be like me saying Kane is the greatest world champ of all time when clearly he is not he was a decent world champ but not a great one.

I can not let this one go. This is nothing like what I am saying. The WWE Title and World Title have never been meaningless. Their has allways been a huge amount of prestige placed on the title. And stars who couldn't match the prestige of the title were ridiculed. Some were repackaged or FE.

That is not the case with the IC Title. No one has placed any pressure on an IC champ to live up to the belt. It's up to the star how they want to carry it.

Cody has brought it back from the dead. He has a good level of controll over his current direction, especially with support amongst very influencial people. Yes one of them is his dad. But also Jim Ross who said Cody should quitt the WWE if they don't make him WHC in 2012. A lot of the rank and file are behind him. Statments like that are not made with out merrit.

2012 will show.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
All Cody has really done is change the look of the title. Other than that he hasn't defended it any more than most other IC champs.

Deuce

Reaction score
I don't get how you can say that Rhodes has brought the title back from the dead, and you said he has been the best champ for the past 11 years? Come on guy, Jericho was a WAY better IC champ.

Chadillac

Reaction score
I don't get how you can say that Rhodes has brought the title back from the dead, and you said he has been the best champ for the past 11 years? Come on guy, Jericho was a WAY better IC champ.

Jericho was allready huge when he held it. So was Rey. Shelton was NEVER going anywhere which was another case of devaluing the belt. Orton was not Orton untill years after he held the IC belt. His first WWE Title reign was a flop. All of these stars became great with time. with the exception of Shelton who was never going anywhere. Angle was the last star who truely used the IC title as a launching pad. Since then, No one has. Cody is doing What angle did and using it as a launching pad into the Main event. And will be a WHC in 2012.
Do I think he will ever be the face of the company? No. Do I think he will ever be a top face? NO. Do I think he will be a top heel on SD in 2012. Very much so. But by SD Standards, not by the standards of the true greats of all time.

Give him time.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Jericho and Rey already being big stars when they held the IC title has nothing to do with whether or not they were good or bad champions.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I can not let this one go. This is nothing like what I am saying. The WWE Title and World Title have never been meaningless. Their has allways been a huge amount of prestige placed on the title. And stars who couldn't match the prestige of the title were ridiculed. Some were repackaged or FE.

That is not the case with the IC Title. No one has placed any pressure on an IC champ to live up to the belt. It's up to the star how they want to carry it.

Cody has brought it back from the dead. He has a good level of controll over his current direction, especially with support amongst very influencial people. Yes one of them is his dad. But also Jim Ross who said Cody should quitt the WWE if they don't make him WHC in 2012. A lot of the rank and file are behind him. Statments like that are not made with out merrit.

2012 will show.

for cody to bring the title back from the dead, doesn't that mean the title must of be alive? and have some sort of meaning. So Cody has a good level of controll over his current direction where did you read that? and does that mean it kinda his fault hes barly defended the title or have a feud over the title and my personal fave put someone over as a ligit threat to take the titile or is that all the BOOKINGS FAULT.

Also i'm pretty sure the title ment something in the 90's when Bret/Shawn/Razor and guy like that were busting their ass and having great match putting the title over while hogan was not doing much in the main event, or i could be worng 8D

Chadillac

Reaction score
Jericho and Rey already being big stars when they held the IC title has nothing to do with whether or not they were good or bad champions.

Yes it does my friend.

If Orton won the IC title, it would all the sudden raise the profile of the title even more just B/C of how huge the star himself is.

Cody is not huge yet, but the IC title has been made prestigious again. Not so much to do with the actuall title defences, but more to do with how Cody carries it with pride, showed a deference to it by bringing back the classic belt, and you know WWE has Main event and WHC plans for him. The optics are good.

And I really cant belive why some cant grasp why he is not defending it every PPV. It's B/C they are easing him towards main event status and there is no one currently on SD in the upper mid card who can advance that cause. WWE does not have plans for him to feud with mid card guys. He has been in programs with Randy Orton, Bryan, and Legends. The trend is to elevate him.

Chadillac

Reaction score
for cody to bring the title back from the dead, doesn't that mean the title must of be alive? and have some sort of meaning. So Cody has a good level of controll over his current direction where did you read that? and does that mean it kinda his fault hes barly defended the title or have a feud over the title and my personal fave put someone over as a ligit threat to take the titile or is that all the BOOKINGS FAULT.

Also i'm pretty sure the title ment something in the 90's when Bret/Shawn/Razor and guy like that were busting their ass and having great match putting the title over while hogan was not doing much in the main event, or i could be worng 8D

I have just addressed why he is not defending it in the post above you. And I said nothing about the IC title from the 90's. I said it has been meaningless since the WCW/WWE merger. The rank and file are high on Cody, just not you guys. I wonder who is right?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Didnt bother reading the thread because the OP was trollbait, but Cody is boring and needs a huge overhaul.

kthxbai

Reactions: 1 person

Aniking

Reaction score
Dear god, Chad, please read what I am about to say VERY fucking carefully. Let me repeat that as you seem to have a hard time understanding what we're all saying - read... what I have to say... very... fucking... care-ful-ly!

Cody Rhodes is NOT the best Intercontinental Champion in the past 11 years. Again, Cody Rhodes is NOT the best Intercontinental Champion in the past 11 years.

All you have done is make yourself sound foolish over and over again. I will repeat it one more time - all you have done is make yourself sound foolish over and over again.

Nothing we say is going tog et through that thick skull of yours. Once more - nothing we say is going to get through that thick skull of yours.

Just know that the majority of what you say about Cody Rhodes and how absolutely fucking amazing he is has just been ridiculous. And again, I'll repeat - the majority of what you say about Cody Rhodes and how absolutely fucking amazing he is has just been ridiculous.

We all think Rhodes will have a great 2012, just like you think the same, but Rhodes is NOT the best thing to ever happen to the title or to Smackdown. For one final time - Rhodes is NOT the best thing to ever happen to the title or to Smackdown.

Please, for the love of a god I don't believe in, just stop with this crap. You have said constantly that you don't want a fight, but your bias opinions of Rhdoes are causing them. You won't take a hint and realise that maybe some of the stuff you say is wrong. Just please, PLEASE, open your eyes, read what we all have to say care-ful-ly and really think about it for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.