Who is behind the #August1Warning?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Joey

Reaction score
Not to mention, this was a chance for TNA to show what they have. Alot of the Wrestling Community was hyped up for August 1st, and we get Tito Ortiz? I'd honestly be more happy with Bob Holly.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
But it does qualify because MMA is stupid and fake.

:laugh: That's all I have to say, I'm gonna sig that, 'cause that is just too funny!

Back on topic.. I'm really not suprised that Tito is doing this, he obviously needs the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
We can't have Matt Morgan but we need Tito Ortiz. COOL!

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I get what TNA's trying to do, considering I got the feel of it and I prefer it over WWE.

But honestly, fuck Tito. Rampage already has enough star power to do that on his own.

The Viper

Reaction score
I get what TNA's trying to do, considering I got the feel of it and I prefer it over WWE.

But honestly, fuck Tito. Rampage already has enough star power to do that on his own.

The thing is, WWE would debut him much better. 20x better.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I don't doubt that for a second, but my question is why they even have interest in him in the first place when he's as washed up as my white tuxedo.

If somebody like Chael were to come into pro wrestling it would make sense because he's all the hype right now, even though he's losing fight he's still got the spotlight. Guys like Tito and Rampage are way past their prime, the only difference is that Rampage admitted it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Viper

Reaction score
I don't doubt that for a second, but my questions is why they even have interest in him in the first place when he's as washed up as my white tuxedo.

If somebody like Chael were to come into pro wrestling it would make sense because he's all the hype right now, even though he's losing fight he's still got the spotlight. Guys like Tito and Rampage are way past their prime, the only difference is that Rampage admitted it.

Yeah, that I have no clue. I do think if Rampage were never gonna be fighting Tito in November, TNA or Spike wouldn't even look at him.

Chael would have been fantastic. Never actually seen him cut a promo but I've heard sound bytes of his promo skills and he's got some wrestling in him. He can be a natural at this thing.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I personally would like to see Chael as an on screen authority figure so that way he'd be important on television and still may get the chance to compete every now and than, he'd have obviously to be trained before stepping into the ring with some of the company's best. Cheif Chael, I dig it :cool Or even if he brought Chael's corner to the WWE ring and had his own talkshow, that'd definitely be an interesting segment.

Either of these ideas could definitely draw than more Tito, Rampage, King Mo or any other MMA fighter who's got a pro wrestling like persona. Plus market the company more than MMA itself.

Back on the topic of Tito, I can't believe Bellator did this. Keep the drama and mic work out of the MMA cage please. Excuse me while I lose my lunch...

[video=youtube;yqMSa2rxgJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMSa2rxgJ8[/video]

Reaction score
really? tito Ortiz? ar u fucking kidding me?!?! Vince was probably laughing his ass off at the stupidity!

edit: no offence Red Alex but its TNA Wrestling not TNA Fighting!

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
I'm well aware of that, but you also know that we happen to be talking about a washed up MMA fighter who's clearly got nothing left in him so he runs out to what gives him the most money. Most people just think Tito's an MMA fighter and overlooks the fact that he's 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights. And that he supposively "retired" his last fight.

This is what leads me to say that any wrestling company should bring in Chael. He's got the personality of a pro wrestler and he's actually in the spotlight right now and his only noteable losses have come to UFC champions Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.

If anyone belongs in TNA or WWE, it's him. Not Tito or Rampage. Maybe you should read my posts before you make an uneducated reply like that again.

Reaction score
I'm well aware of that, but you also know that we happen to be talking about a washed up MMA fighter who's clearly got nothing left in him so he runs out to what gives him the most money. Most people just think Tito's an MMA fighter and overlooks the fact that he's 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights. And that he supposively "retired" his last fight.

This is what leads me to say that any wrestling company should bring in Chael. He's got the personality of a pro wrestler and he's actually in the spotlight right now and his only noteable losses have come to UFC champions Jon Jones and Anderson Silva.

If anyone belongs in TNA or WWE, it's him. Not Tito or Rampage. Maybe you should read my posts before you make an uneducated reply like that again.

yeah I no but I just do not think unless theyre willing totrain & work at least 1 wrestling match then they shouldn't be in a wrestling company, sonnan has openly admitted in a uk wrestling magazine called power slam that he would train for 1 if he had the opportunity but rampage & tito are more or less there for a paycheck! tna are probably releasing great talent probably to sign these washed up probably broke fighters!

edit: At least when brock lesner came back to wwe he had the wrestling background before he became ufc! hell inb 03 brock was face of the company!

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
My point exactly - it's a stupid move, and considering how fucked up Tito's neck is I don't believe he belongs anywhere near a wrestling ring.

I do however stand by my decision to see Chael in a wrestling company, he definitely has the personality and charisma for it like I said. And as far as Rampage goes, he's just as washed up as Tito is so it makes no sense for him to be in as well. King Mo's not a bad addition but as far as I know he hasn't been on wrestling television ever since he pushed that one dude.

And yes, Tito is broke. He was managing Cyborg Santos before he decided to shove his tongue up Spike TV's ass and get into here. I agree that TNA is overlooking their talent in the wrestling world to sign these washed up MMA fighters because they're just being Spike TV's little bitch and trying to cross promote Bellator. That's why WWE doesn't deal with them and that's why UFC doesn't deal with them. And it's also a slap in the face to us hardcore MMA fans to see washed up fighters representing the sport on national television like this.

EDIT: If you wanna see my thoughts on Brock, read this http://wrestlingpunks.com/showthread.php?1100-Fights-Any-Fan-Should-See/page2

I wouldn't mind seeing Alistair Overeem in a wrestling ring, he's most certainly got the gigantic frame to do so. But WWE would never do it because he was the last person to beat Brock and WWE obviously wants to market Brock as a big unstoppable monster.

Reaction score
And yes, Tito is broke. He was managing Cyborg Santos before he decided to shove his tongue up Spike TV's ass and get into here. I agree that TNA is overlooking their talent in the wrestling world to sign these washed up MMA fighters because they're just being Spike TV's little bitch and trying to cross promote Bellator.

ha lol bellator in my opinion isn't a bad mma company just spike & tna are RAMMING it down our throats! lol bout tito I mean they release guys like joey ryan, crimson & all these other guys but sign a bald headed broke dip shit! lol

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
You're wrong - Bellator is a horrible MMA company. And that video I posted just proves it.

Tito was the bomb 10 years ago I can't deny that. But he's almost 40 has a fucked up neck and needs the money. It breaks my heart to see that happening. When there are so many worthy guys that need to be on the TNA roster, like my brobro... Tyler Tirva!

https://twitter.com/TylerTirva